I've gotten bored with the toys.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Dalarsco, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

Lately, I've just not gotten as much enjoyment out of the toys than I had in the past. Maybe it's because The show is so horribly translated, so I don't bother to watch it in time with the toys. All I know is that they just aren't as fun. At the same time, picking up the TF comics have gotten me into comics in a big way. I'll pick up Primus, Soundwave and Metroplex, but aside from that I'm dropping from collecting for a while. Neo G1 might interest me more, same with MP Starscream if he gets released here, but aside from that and the previous mentions I'm only going to be buying comics for my TF fix. Not even the BW repaints are holding my interest right now.

2. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I know what you mean. The lack of a good medium pushing the toyline makes it hard to get into. Lets face it, the G1 toys were crap. Especially compared to Go-Bots. The only reason TFs were so much more popular was the great cartoon. One of these days Hasbro will realize that and put more $$ and effort into the cartoon.

3. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Dalarsco, did you watch the subtitled Galaxy Force, by chance?

4. xenocryst

xenocryst Why yes, I *am* a geek. TFW2005 Supporter

You must be joking. It's true that the Go-Bot's alt modes were as good as G1 Transformers, but their "robot" modes??? Come on now. They were only slightly humanoid.

5. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    I had ( and still have ) some super go-bots. Other than the lack of a head, they are way better than the diaclone G1s. Arms transform easier into the car hoods and they are less fragile. Roofs snapping off Jazz, Prowl, Streak, etc.. were common on TFs. Most super Gobots are still in one piece. Plus they are easier to transform, therefore more play-friendly. Not to meniton completely self contained. No hands or wings that had to be attached seperately. Just look at the awesomeness that is a completely self contained gestalt named Puzzler. TFs still don't have self contained gestalts 20 years later. The Energon ones needed the weapons to make the feet and hands.

6. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Go bots are TRASH , that is why they have FADED into nothing and all of mined ended up IN the trash...None of them can hold a candle to g1 toys....if you like them so much stop collecting transformers and collect the new go bots...oh wait...there arnt any.

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I guess I'm weird...I haven't been able to get into the shows at all but I still love the toys...I don't get bothered by the names on the boxes since I rename everything and give them their own new backstory and all...so I don't really need a medium to get me to give them characterizations.

8. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

:peoples: 

:sly2: 

You know, I've heard the first part before. It's the second part of that statement that's like "WTF?!"

9. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

The Go-bots sucked out loud. Their only real redeeming quality was that they were in scale with Matchbox cars and Hotwheels.

*points at Insane Galvatron* Burn him! He's a witch!

10. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    GoBots were awesome, it's the crappy cartoon and godawful names that really ruined the opinions of them. Tonka couldn't market anything...and for a long time they didn't NEED to. Tonka trucks were a staple, no advertising needed. Then they butted heads with Hasbro and TF's. TF's certainly weren't always superior, in fact if you compare price point to price point many of the GoBots WERE cooler than their TF counterparts.

11. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    omg gobots were teh awsum u guys suck!

especially scooter. awsum i mean, not the sucking.

12. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yet here we are, two decades later and how many stores can you find Go-bots in? As compared to TF's?

Hey, you guys can like whatever you want, but don't expect too much love for something that's been dead for over 15 years on a board that does little to promote it.

13. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    RiD's Rail Racer and Landfill don't count in Insane Galvatron Land, I suppose.

14. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

I watched and loved it. But by the time the toys were on the shelves their characters had mostly been sidebared. That may be some of this malaise. For example, I was at one point really looking forward to Chromia, but I've really cooled to it now that I'm not seeing the characters antics every week.

15. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I haven't gotten bored with the toys, I've gotten bored with looking for them.

16. Matt Nelson

Matt Nelson Sinner

I kind of know what you mean, Dalarsco... I really don't care much about the toys anymore period. In fact, as soon as I get ahold of a digital camera to borrow, I'm selling most of my collection off. These days the whole line just doesn't do much for me. I do really like the comics, though, so that's making me more interested in the fiction again. The cartoon I don't watch mainly because it's just not very good. And it's not that it's a Japanese dub; I used to watch RiD and I loved it. The Armada and Energon ones lost me, and Cybertron never had me.

Matt

17. MV75

MV75 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So what man? Stop bringing down the happy-ness that the rest of us have with our toys and making it sound like we should all drop everything. I know you didn't actually say it, but these sorts of announcements put people down and into that mindset.

PS: Noone liked BW to begin with. :D 

18. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    Please tell me you are joking with the whole 'why don't you stop collecting transformers" nonsense. If not, simmer down as dalarsco is entitled to his opinion as much as any of us are, except the mods, they're entitled to their opinions even more so than us normies.

19. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

Well, there is something to be said for Machine Robo.. it has been around a while. Not that long ago there was MR: Rescue. So it's not like it died off or anything.

20. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    As I said, that was a marketing thing. Had Go-bots had a cartoon like G-1 had, we'd be on a go-bots forum.

Exactly. Glad to see someone else can look at the issue without his rose colored glasses.

Ok, so sue me. I forgot about those two. :p  I'm actualy kinda glad I did. Never was a big fan of either. Though Landfill is a couple steps up the ladder from Rail Racer though.