I've got a what?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dracomancer, May 24, 2012.

1. Dracomancer

Dracomancer Well-Known Member

I've been going through old boxes and sorting through my old toys. I collected a variety of GoBots and later G1 transformers when they came on the scene in the 80s but steered clear of cheap knock-offs—with a single exception: an all-chrome sphere about the size of a golf ball which transformed into a sleek little eagle with, IIRC, a pair of black guns. Although not a TF, I was rather fond of it because it was so small, shiny, detailed and well articulated. I still have it (sans guns) though one of the wings is rather loose.

I didn't think much of it until, while surfing online yesterday, I found a picture of a nearly identical (though recoloured) TF. A little research has led me to believe that what I have is a decent early 80s K.O. of a Takara MC-16 Meteor Robo Metal Hawk in silver. Much to my amazement, this little toy was redecoed not once, not twice, but into three different TFs; as Eggbird, Dark Eggbird and Zangetsu. It's weird; like suddenly learning that a kid you used to chum around with went on to have a successful sports career without you ever hearing about it.

Anyone know how I might get my hands on a Zangetsu or Eggbird, or are they all but impossible to find nowadays?

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Eggbird and Dark Eggbird will set you back a bit of cash, they are hard to find these days and you'd need to find an import retailer who has them in stock or get on Yahoo Japan auctions with a proxy like Rinkya or Celga, which quickly adds up.

Zangetsu was sold as a part of a three pack of "Sparkroids" and it is a bit easier to track down for a fair price for the set of three. They pop up at retailers who do second hand stuff occasionally, IIRC I got mine at Auto Assembly last year or the year before. You might even find them through Ebay or our own Junkion exchange from time to time.

Still fairly hard to find stuff, but more reasonably priced and you get the other two in the set as well.

3. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nice that you have a chromed version - even if it's a KO I am sure it's lovely.

Those eggs were re-used once in a non-TF series as well, those little guys have been busy!
    (I'm looking for the Leo version myself :D )
    Eggbird - Transformers Beast Wars II - TFW2005

4. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn't get shit for all 3 dark eggs I sold from bw2 maybe like 40 a piece sadly and this was just several months ago.

5. Dracomancer

Dracomancer Well-Known Member

I'd be happy to find a lone Zangetsu or a three pack. Unfortunately I've scoured the net and haven't found a retailer or private party who currently has them available. Any suggestions?

I'm rather fond of it. I'm curious if it's worth something now; I probably didn't pay much more than $1.50 for it some 25 years ago.

I'll keep an eye out for your Leo is you watch for my Zangetsu.:wink: 

6. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I'd love to have the eggbots, even KO versions.