I've found an explanation for Sentinel Prime's vehicle mode on the Moon.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by DemonessQ3A, Jun 12, 2012.

1. DemonessQ3A

DemonessQ3A Well-Known Member

When Sentinel Prime was founded on the Moon, he was already in the vehicle mode of an earth fire rescue truck. This is a widely recognized bug.

But just now I found a possible explanation for this.

Both Cybertron and Earth are inside the Milky Way Galaxy, and there are many planets other than these two which have progressed civilizations. When Sentinel took of in the Ark from Cybertron, he was awake and the Ark was well-functioned. But when he was founded on the Moon, he was in stasis with the Ark broken. So, there are many possibilities on the way.

A fire rescue truck's design is functional. As long as a civilization has the function of fire rescue, the fire rescue truck would be designed that way or similar. Had the Ark had some short stop on other planets? The movie doesn't say "no" either. So the Ark may have some short stop on Xen (Half-Life), Sera (Gears of War), the Halos (Halo series) or whatever planet you like to think about.

Though those planets are from other movies/games, but all these movies and games (including Transformers) are of the same kind of sci-fi world view. We can focus on smaller bugs, also can patch up them with a broader view.

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    What are the odds a completely alien civilization would come up with a tool for putting out fires that would be so nearly identical to what ours has at this specific time in history? Seems unlikely.

More reasonable to me would be the idea that his Cybertronian alt-mode was similar to what our fire trucks look like, even if it's function or details were substantially different. Thus, he reformatted into something similar when he reached earth.

3. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 Filipinooooooooooooo

News Credits:
    This

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Except it's not.

He did not have fire truck parts on the moon. He had no wheels, he had no text.

This makes more sense, especially considering the rather basic geometric shape of the fire truck he became.

5. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    He was also not "founded" on the moon. ;) 

6. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
  7. T4mercustomz

T4mercustomz Genus time! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ive found an explenation too they didnt want to have to design a completely new charecter model for thirty seconds of film

8. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy Master Builder

Just because his Cybertronian and earth robot forms look similar don't mean they have the same alt. mode. Heck, the first episode of G1 gave the characters Cybetronian alt. modes, but they had the exact same robot designs after getting earth modes.

9. wrecker11

wrecker11 Wrecker

How about...... THE ARK SENT A SCOUT. That's probably what it did so that when Sentinel goes to Earth he's not another falling meteor. It's a better answer than saying Master Chief traveled back in time to a Halo and gave Sentinel a rosenbaur fire truck to scan.

10. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    As cool as it was to see the Autobots scanning and reformatting themselves, I sort of missed the "scout"/"scanning probe" thing from some of the other incarnations of the brand. I dont see a reason they COULDNT do that, but seems superfluous given their abilities though.

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

I think the part where it crashed on the "Dark of the Moon", a.k.a. the side of the moon facing away from Earth, with a comatose Sentinel locked in the Crash vault and everybody else dead, not to mention to absolute destruction of the ship itself and preventing even a distress signal from working, kinda invalidates your theory.

Aernaroth probably has the right idea. Transformers in their "Cybertronian" forms tend to look a whole lot like what they will in Earth form (aside from Megatron, who had a significant body structure change in all three movies). I think the only reason people say Sentinel had the firetruck form even before getting to Earth is because he's already colored Red, when every previous instance of a cybertronian lacking an Earthen alt. mode was essentially multiple versions of gray prior to scanning the alt, mode, but he can't have the truck mode because, as Split Lip said, multiple details that would be expected of a firetruck like the wheels are nowhere to be seen.

12. roccondil5

roccondil5 sculptor

adding to sentinel NOT having firetruck details on the moon, he also has no discernible truck parts in his alt mode AFTER he becomes a firetruck on earth, except for the wheels, some lettering and that thing on his right forearm. No recognisable truck kibble whatsoever. So Aernoth is probably right...

13. Transfan327

Transfan327 customizing amature

technically speaking they couldn't have made other stops. b/c the ark was shot and the thrusters destroyed right off the bat. so all they could do was float around in space.

14. Crainy

Crainy Well-Known Member

A big misconception people have about Sentinel Prime that isnt actually true

Sentinel Prime didnt already have his firetruck mode when he was awakened or found at the arc. Sure, both his cyberton and his earth form look similar, but they are in no way identical.

Two major things that are different from Sentinels cybertron mode: Despite the optical illusion, the Cyberton Sentinel does not have wheels. Instead, he has metal... things that somewhat look like wheels.

Also, these "wings" or "cape" that Sentinel has are also different in his Cybertron mode, instead of beeing made out of multiple parts, they are actually 2 consistent metal plates.

Just to name a few differences.

15. arceelover13

arceelover13 Well-Known Member

ok

16. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

I swear we JUST had a thread on this same goddamn topic earlier today...

We need to have some kind of ban on these "Sentinel wasn't a space firetruck" threads, it's getting ridiculous.

17. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 The best there is...

Yea like we don't somewhat no this.....

18. Crainy

Crainy Well-Known Member

Well, there are twenty dozen billion threads about "Did ROTF suck?", "Why does everyone hate on the movies", "What are the big flaws of the movies?", "Why does everyone say Michael Bay sucks", "did Michael Bay ruin our childhoods?", "Michael Bay is the devil antichrist", "Why we did not like DOTM!", "Do you blame Michael Bay?", "Who to blame for ROTF" and so on, so I thought having one more of this wouldnt hurt.

19. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Nice story, bro.

20. T4mercustomz

T4mercustomz Genus time! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Looks at thread title:" if this is another god damn sentinel wasn't a fire truck in space thread..."