Minor/Repaint: I've been busy! 2 customs and 2 touch-ups

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Orodruin, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've been really in the mood to bash lately and had a great idea for another LoC seeker. My favorite energon omnicon, Skyblast!
    [​IMG]
    Should've done a side shot, he doesn't look as solidly grey in the mid-section from the side.
    He took forever since the first white paint I got sucked ass and I had to paint a second Starscream with different paint. I'm still not that pleased with the white, but I like the rest. I'm not sure what color to make the weapons though, since I can't match the metallic red that came with him. So he's weaponless for the moment.

Next up is one I've been meaning to do since I first found the figures at retail, LoC Soundblaster. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also touched up Soundwave with some nice added trim.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Props to Redline for inspiration and reference pics.

I also added some gold trim to Vector Prime. I wanted to paint the forearms gray but I just didn't get to it.
    [​IMG]
    I added gold to the nose of the ship but forgot to take a pic.

2. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    That skyblast is awesome, its quite scary how much the mold looks like Skyblast with that paint.

Do you have any intentions to re-paint the Voyager sized one at any point?

3. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

What type of camera are you using?, you have great shots of small figures. I need a digital camera of my own that can take closeups.

You figures look great too.

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    hey Oro... they look great. one quickie: put the same silver ap that's on Soundwave's toes on your Soundblaster. If you want to paint the arms blue like the Voyageur sized.. you can mask off the forarm and wing with tape, then spray them with Krylon Fusion Patriot Blue and it matches quite nicely. You can do the same with black for SB too.

5. Orodruin

News Credits:
    Thanks guys. :) 

I've been thinking about it, but I'm not sure who I'd do it as. Skyblast might be the best choice since there's the faction symbols on the wings, but I think I like the idea of having a fullsize Starfall or Flamestrike more. If I can nab a cheap enough copy of the mold I'll probably give it a shot.

It's a cannon Powershot S400, 4 megapixels. I use the macro function for close ups of the little guys.

Ha, yeah I totally missed SB's toes didn't I? Whoops. :p  If I go back and do the forearms I'll probably just brush it on. I'm not that fond of the spray; it looks great, but it goes on kinda thick. That, and I can't find my masking tape.

6. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man those are cool, I really dig that Skyblast!

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    :thumb  Funny, when I saw the first pic I thought: "G1 Jetfire", amazing how close the colors are.

8. Orodruin

News Credits:
    Hehe, yeah I thought someone might mistake them, was hoping the gold would be enough to distinguish. Plus jetfire was the more obvious one and I wanted to go more obscure.