iTunes - You can upgrade your old songs to DRM free, but...

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Joe Moore, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
  2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Forget that. I remember when Itunes started I bought like 60 bucks in music, and at the time, my computer fried, badly. When I restarted it, Itunes had no record of my purchases, so I lost it all. That's the last time I spent money on there.

I hate to be old fashion, but I really like something tangible for my media. It ensures that if it gets lost, it will be my fault, and that it's purchase won't be lost in cyberspace and my money spent on vapor.

I did spend a buck to make "Arrival to Earth" (from Transformers) my ringer on my Iphone. That was worth the buck though.

3. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

that's lame...but you know there will be those that will actually do it....some knowing and some not.

all of my itunes songs i got i also have have DRM free version...using the burn to CD and re-ripping it...

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So for those of you guys who know.. What about songs that are in my Itunes library, but I got them from somewhere else? Reason I ask is because I rip a lot of my CDs using my PS3, so the music can go onto my PSP and Walkman. But then I also move them to my Laptop and into Itunes. Will these be DRM free?

5. OmegaScourge

should be...when i only had my laptop, i would get the songs off my iPod and they would be DRM free.

6. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Waaait, I need to pay more to unDRM my shit?

I shall do it illegally. Good day, sir.

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Guess this is still good new for me then. I really like using my Iphone for music, but when I go runnng, I much rather have my walkman. It's smaller and I'm not as worried about dropping it. But Itunes is "pinche" about sharing its music with anything but the phone.

To be honest, I've done it as well, and if Agent Simmons breaks into my house and asks for proof, I have all of my CDs sitting in a huge box. They can kiss my $250-keeping ass. Then again, I don't own many Itunes songs anyway.

8. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I rip any CD's using Windows Media player. I have it set to auto-rip anytime I put an audio cd in. Mainly for the wifey as she was still buying cd's long after I abandoned them.

9. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

but won't it be legally now?

10. OmegaScourge

i use this too but the only thing i dont like about it is that it doesn't copy the ID3 tag...and it puts it in two sub-folders from the folder that you stated to put it in.

and if you got Media Player 11, you can't edit the ID3 tags til they release a update/patch/etc.