ITT: We extrapolate how our lives might be different...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TrueNomadSkies, Apr 18, 2012.

1. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    ... if we bought/didn't buy, or otherwise acquired different transformers instead of certain ones that played roles in our lives (be it big or small)?

For example, I often playfully wonder if things would've been different if I'd never gotten the Transmetal Depth Charge back in the day, as he was the last one I picked up as a kid along with TM Cheetor, and the main one I still paid attention to during my time away from the hobby. Like, even when all of my shit was in plastic tubs, he was the one I always kept in my room in some capacity (on my shelf, in my closet, floating around my my carpet, etc), and he was always a reoccurring character of sorts through my life because of it, even when out of the spotlight. He also represented a conclusion of sorts to "buying toys", and while this was obviously a fallacy, it still stood for some sort of growth nevertheless.

Also, would things have changed if I got Rampage instead, and looking even farther back... when if I'd begged my dad to get me G2 Hubcap instead of G2 Bumblebee?

Truthfully, I can't see that having much of a widespread effect (at least not without a hefty imagination), but I'm sure you guys will have better examples. I'm sure of it. :) 

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    If I hadn't gotten G1 Thundercracker, I'd probably not be posting here. I also doubt that if I didn't have the G1 collection that I did when I re-entered the hobby, the same could probably be said.

The CR/RiD line really invigorated my imagination, as the Car Bros especially were throwbacks to the Car Robots from Diaclone - with "modern" designs! It wasn't long after that Masterpiece Convoy and Binal Tech Smokescreen revealed. These REALLY got me pumped for TFs in ways that no other TF line still has today.

Had I not bought a spare Alternators Side Swipe and Dead End at Wal*mart, my first custom would have never been made. There are so many ramifications from that I won't even begin.

Masterpiece Starscream (or "Greenscream) really opened me up to Seekers that I now have both the Takara and Hasbro sets (sans MP-11) and the iGear Coneheads and Sunstorm.

Had I not gotten most of the Classics line for Christmas, I probably would have passed on the whole line even through Generations. Also, I'd probably have sold much more of my "Unicron Triology" toys, but now I've integrated those in with "Universe 2.)".

Had Razerwire not picked me up a Cyb Defense Hot Shot when I was in a bind, I'd have much less nostalgia for the toy line.

3. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I hadn't bought RtS Perceptor, I'd be incredibly rich, the boss of a multinational conglomerate, friends with Warren Buffett and Rafael Nadal, flown to space, own the worlds only living clone dinosaur and be married to a woman with the mind of Christine Legard and the body of Rihanna.

But instead, I had to buy that bastard. Now I am but a broken shell of a man.

4. prime roller

prime roller introspective reflector

News Credits:
    Well, Things would be different if the day I started collecting had not been different in one of many ways.

I had some KOs from China, and just returned to Vancouver two days before walking into a Toys R Us and discovering new toys of fondly remembered characters: wave 1 of the Classics toyline (Astrotrain, Bumblebee, Rodimus & Starscream).

If I hadn't have had a bundle of dough in my pocket that day, and if my girlfriend wasn't with me and convinced me to 'treat myself', I would've missed out on these toys, and perhaps wouldn't have started collecting. And as I'm sure a lot of you can relate, collecting can be a lifestyle changer.

Also, some of the KOs I found in China I'm quite fond of. Good memories.

5. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    See, if not for science...

6. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think if my mom would've gotten me a minibot instead of G1 Sunstreaker, I probably would've never been that big of a fan. If she had never bought me G2 Prime & Megatron,I would've never gotten into it again.

And if I had never been flipping channels the "Combaticons" and this unknown black Optimus Prime on tv, I would've never gotten back into them a 3rd time.

7. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

If I hadn't picked up TFTM '07 Voyager Starscream or Revoltech Megatron, I may not be posting here, either.

8. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I think if I kept buying after Energon I might have a whole bunch of Classics toys instead of the very few I have now.