It's time for a Beast Wars revival

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by hulk23869, Mar 3, 2010.

1. hulk23869

hulk23869 Well-Known Member

Isn't it time for a Beast Wars revival? I mean we have 24 different Iron Hide's from 68 different universes, but only 1 Rattrap. I want more BEAST WARS!!

2. Deadpool.

Deadpool. I want my bird.

News Credits:
    Actually I would very much prefer BW to be just left alone. Yes, it's my favorite series so far, which is why I don't want them to keep rebooting it in comics and such like what they did to G1 so far... Toywise, sure, why not? Except that the Universe Cheetor looked pretty horrible IMO. Then again, the Universe Dinobot was pretty much win, so it can kinda go both ways.

3. TFormerfan

TFormerfan Maximal

I just hope that they just release something (DVD'S or toys) for the 15th anniversary next year

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Beast wars was fun. Would be cool since Hasbro's doing a bunch of sideline stuff these days anyways.
    Classics Cheetor & Dinobot were a little wierd though.

Would love some more basic BW combiners.
    Magnaboss, Tripledacus & Magmatron we're cool.
    Or 2 new Piranacon sets. The original version, and a new verson similar to the energon/Superlink/Classics combiners.

5. TMIIWonkoNemi

TMIIWonkoNemi Well-Known Member

DVDs and a new Toyline would be perfect for Beast Wars.As for a new TV and/or Comic Series,I don't really wish for one,considering that Beast Wars was done so well,to revive it wouldn't go up par to it's predecessor.

At least we had a few Beast homages in Animated,and that's fine by me.

6. Jalal33

Jalal33 Banned

I am a huge G1 fan but secondly Beast Wars not really a fan of other cartoons . I would love updated toys or anniversary line .

7. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    For the most part I agree, but I am not sure if the general population is ready for beast transformers again. A subline would be nice, but I doubt that Hasbro is going to move away from what is working.

8. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The 10th Aniv. BW toys didn't sell well & the BW Classics toys were some of the poorer sellers of that line. The general public just doesn't want animal TF as much as some fans would like them to.

9. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    I'd love to see some rereleases of some older figures like Transmetal Megatron so I could get one for cheap that wouldn't break in pieces either

10. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sad that the public might not want them, but I really hope for Beastformers again. Of course it's not going to supplant the vehicle ones, but it would be nice to at least have some beast transformers as parts of bigger lines (GENERATIONS I'M LOOKING AT YOU)

And yes, hulk23869, we need us more Rattrap!

11. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I think I'd much rather have a show with good writing like beast wars, than just a re-hash of beast wars.

12. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I don't have a problem with reviving the property, but I really want them to somehow get rid of the name "Optimus Primal". That was an unbelievably cheesy take on the "good guy" leader. I'd even argue it's important to ditch it now because Optimus Prime has become a household name. Seriously, bad pun is bad.

People saying the public might not accept animalformers could be right. A solution could be to introduce the characters on Cybertron first. In other words, make the first year or so of toys look like actual robots. That gives all fans something brand new to munch on, and keeps in sync with the uber-robotic look of the movie toys.

13. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A good idea. I believe what you are saying are robotic animal modes? If not, do forgive me.

I think releases of Transmetal-like figures may garner good support. I'm not sure about kids nowadays, but as a kid, Transmetals made me all kinds of crazy with their uber-cool robotic look, plus those (admittedly half-hearted) vehicle third modes they had. I would just love to see some animal modes be done again, even if they are a small minority.

14. Rodimal Magnus

Rodimal Magnus A Touch of Destiny

We need new Rattrap and Rhinox toys badly. a deluxe original mode Rattrap and a Voyager Rhinox (with chainguns of DOOOOMMMM) would be totally awesome.

out

15. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    More or less yeah, but with other features not unlike transmetals.

16. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Animated Rattletrap doesnt count? lol

17. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    I wish I had at least one of the BW toys.:(  But, I don't like the Universe Cheetor, and couldn't find Dinobot, so... Yeah. We need more BW toys in Universe/Classics. Especially Transmetal versions. I loved Tarantulus in his TM form.:D 

18. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I just want Deluxe Rattrap,Voyator Rhinox,Deluxe Airazor (May her femme this time),Deluxe Tigatron, & Others from Beast Wars,Beast Wars 2, & Beast Wars Neo.

19. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

All I want, is for them to do some really kick-ass figures.

All the characters from the show, re-done to be show-accurate (as possible) in proper scale.

I want Rhinox and Dinobot to be bigger than Optimus, not the other way around dammit. lol

Oh and maybe a re-release of the show on DVD? One of the discs in my season 1 set is messed up (despite not having any really visible flaws o_O ).

20. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Beast Wars badly needs a return. I hope for more Beast Wars characters in Generations, especially Rhinox and Rattrap, but any beasties would be fine. I really loved Beast Wars, and I hope for Hasbro to show it some love, rather than throw it away.