It's the botcon 2011 toys/theme speculations/guesses/want list thread.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tigermegatron, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    Animated Transtech Cheetor(from Animated Blurr) is one of the next 2 club exclusives.

2. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Obviously. But at the same time they announced him, they said they have no plans for using Animated molds in a Botcon set (just as I said to Thundershot before, the Club toys and the Botcon sets aren't conceptually the same). I think (less sure about this) that they also said something about the Cheetor not being meant to seen as an Animated-verse character.

3. Jimmy Drift

Jimmy Drift Well-Known Member

2011 is the 25th anniversary of the movie, so my guess(hope) is a season 3/1986 movie theme

4. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They didn't say they didn't want to use Animated molds, just not Animated characters.

5. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    I don't remember them saying that. I do recall them talking about Cheetor being "their first" use of Animated molds. Not to say that implies they are planning future uses, but I really don't think it's as 'off the table' or 'off their radar' as you make it sound.

They aren't 'conceptually' the same... what's the difference?

6. Abrogate

News Credits:
    I guess that's true. Here's what TFW reported from the panel

"3:39
    No Animated set for Botcon
    3:39
    They won't be touching the Animated universe at all"

To me, though, it seems odd to use Animated molds if they aren't going to use the series itself. The molds don't really fit in well with molds from other series (granted, some people disagree with that). So I think the conclusion to make from that broad statement would be that they won't use the molds very often, but hey, I could end up wrong.

7. Takeout

Takeout Mistress of the Night

I strongly disagree. That colour scheme should be banned and anyone who uses it tied to a chair and forced to watch Twilight.

8. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Give me a bloody decent G1-esque Galvatron and i'll be happy, so put me down for one who would like to see a 86 Movie theme set. Any excuse to make a Wheelie too :D 

9. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the Animated molds would work well enough for Transtech characters. I'm really hoping the Cheetor is a "testing of the waters" to see how well he sells and to gauge fan interest. I agree that the Animated molds don't mesh well with other lines, but an ALL-Animated set would be boss and it would eliminate the Botcon sets' need for unused Energon-Cybertron-Classics-Universe molds for a year or two, enough time for Hasbro to get more Generations molds out there.

10. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    If they make use of Animated molds, it will save me money on going to the con AND buying the figs. So with this year being heavy on my wallet CHUG-wise, I'm hoping they DO make a TFA set. Or BW, either would repel me with the same zeal.

Knowing my luck, though, it'll probably be a Diaclone set and I'd have to sell a kidney and part of my pancreas to get it.

11. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Animated molds don't bother me... However, in order to make an Animated mold (for the most part) NOT Animated, it requires a new head. Which is what Cheetor is gonna get.

12. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think they should combine Diaclone, Ehobby, and Classic Botcon into one nice set... Make new characters out of them. This could be for 2012 or 2013...

Gen. Tracks as Road Rage
    Uni. Silverstreak as new character (Blue Bluestreak)
    Classics Prime as new character (Blue Prime)
    Uni. Ironhide as Crosscut
    Uni. Hound as Detritus
    Classics Starscream as Sunstorm
    Uni. Sideswipe as Deepcover
    Uni. Sideswipe as Tigertrack
    Uni. Red Alert as Clampdown
    Classics Bumblebee as Glyph
    Classics Bumblebee as Tap-Out
    Gen. Windcharger as Rook
    Gen. Perceptor as Magnificus

I could go on...

13. G1Prowl

News Credits:
    Tigertrack? I'm pretty sure that anyone who could have made themselves a Tigertrack by swapping Sideswipe and Sunstreaker's heads have done so. And with that lovely Scorch fig, we're guaranteed to not get any tan Hound for quite some time. I like the rest of the list, but you forgot Black Megatron and a nice Police Sunstreaker. And IIRC Crosscut was a silver Diaclone Skids rerelease. I'd name the Black Ironhide into Safeguard myself.

14. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

I'm going to go way, way out on a limb and say it'll be a "Transformers as a 50s alien invasion movie" theme. I'm basing that on nothing but the tagline, and I'm probably wrong, but that would be fun.

15. Abrogate

News Credits:
    Well, this isn't a Botcon-Botcon issue, but a Botcon-Hasbro issue. In 05, the first FunPub Botcon, they made Outback from Energon Strongarm... then with the Target Movie Scouts, they released Strongarm in a very similar tan/brown color scheme. The difference between Scorch and Detritus is quite a bit wider than that.

16. G1Prowl

News Credits:
    Valid point, and if they DO do another, it'd make it easier to get as hopefully some of the owners of this year's set will not get the new version.

17. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    True, I already swapped heads and gray/white parts to create Tigertrack and Spin-Out (red Sunstreaker), but he'd make a great freebie for Botcon.

18. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I think its pretty much guaranteed that they won't be able to use Generations molds for Botcon 2011. 2012 sure, but not 2011. I'd be surprised if I was wrong though. I'm not sure if new molds created for HFTD which aren't movie characters can be used by Botcon or not. I'll also assume that Powercore Combiners are too small to be used. I'll also avoid reusing toys that have been used for Botcon before (although toys previously only used for Club exclusives are okay). Here's my idea:

The box set theme is a G1 universe modern day Beast Wars titled "GENERATION 3: ANIMUTANTS BIOCOMBAT". This name has more than one meaning. Its a sequel to Generation 2 Redux and it uses the alternate names for Beast Wars which was essentially the third generation of the Transformers toyline. Plus, 2011 is Beast Wars 15th anniversary yet this particular set does not pay any homage to characters from Beast Wars, just its basic theme.

BOX SET:

MAXIMAL G1 Lionizer (Robot Masters Lio Convoy, new head)
    AUTOBOT/MAXIMAL G1 Tyrannitron (Universe Dinobot, new head)
    MAXIMAL G1 Sights (Classics Mini-Con Dinobot Swoop)
    MAXIMAL G1 Top-Heavy (Classics Mini-Con Dinobot Knockdown)
    DECEPTICON G1 Snapdragon (Classics Mini-Con Dinobot Terrorsaur)
    DECEPTICON G1 Apeface (BW10th Optimus Primal)
    DECEPTICON G1 Shockwave (Energon Shockblast)
    DECEPTICON G1 Trypticon (Cybertron Scourge)

BAGGED TOYS
    SG Galvatron (Cybertron Evac) & SG Ratchet (Energon Roadblock, new head)

G1 Skyfall (Energon Jetfire) & G1 Rad + Rotorstorm (Universe Hot Shot, new head / Jolt)

3-PACK TOYS
    PREDACON/DECEPTICON Cyber Raptors (Universe Dinobot)

FREEBIE
    Jackpot + Windmill (Universe Hot Shot, same new head / Jolt)

NOTES
    • The story centers around the first Maximals and how the faction came to be created although its not for another 300 years before the Maximals become important enough to replace the Autobots but does set the path for the events that happen during that 300 years. They would just be another sub-group like the G1 Predacons are until then. The theme comes about because the Lio Convoy toy has a molded Maximal insignia on his chest and I wanted to use him. Lionizer is the main character of this story.
    • The Mini-Cons are added because I believe Lio Convoy may be a Basic mold and they are added to make up the size. I'll allow the Lio Convoy mold despite him being a basic because he's a toy not released in America already (assuming Botcon can use such toys). Mini-Cons are full sized characters in the fiction despite their toys being small (think how Legends Rodimus is a full sized character in Wings of Honor). Windmill and Rotorstorm are not partners to Jackpot and Rad.
    • Tyannitron is an Autobot/Maximal because Dinobot's toy can switch between a Maximal and a Predacon. Likewise, the Cyber Raptors are Decepticons/Predacons for the same reason.
    • Skyfall, Rad and Jackpot are the original partners to Lionizer, Sights and Top-Heavy, a theme which would be present in the story.
    • I made a concious decision to not reuse any mold that had previously been used for Botcon, however molds that had been made into Club toys previously could be used. I chose Hot Shot as a mold because he had a Mini-Con partner so that two more characters could be added.
    • The characters are mainly ascended extras - existing characters but unknown enough to count as new characters for many people, but with enough known names that would attract the fans (Shockwave, Trypticon, Galvatron, Ratchet). Rotorstorm and Windmill are European exclusive characters carrying on the theme from G2 Redux.
    • Shockwave is in the box set just because I wanted the Shockblast mold to be used and he's a bigger name than Skyfall is. Besides, there were no Voyager beast modes usable of the ones yet to be used for a Botcon exclusive.
    • Only the SG two-pack aren't a part of the year's storyline.

19. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  20. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

RID pre earth predacons with non-beast modes vs. various RID autobots. G2 Op repaint Scourge is a necessity. Or just more late 80's Action Master and Pretender shit.