It's the botcon 2011 toys/theme speculations/guesses/want list thread.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tigermegatron, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

It's the botcon 2011 toys/theme speculations/guesses/want list thread.

I honestly think that any gobots theme with gobots 1980's characters using previous TF toy molds is off the table. while hasbro may own the rights to use all the gobots characters name because they bought out tonka. hasbro may not want to celebrate a botcon themed toy line that bandai created in the 1980's

I've seen the Brave botcon theme with photo shoped. I'm kinda wondering if hasbro would be allowed to do them. as brave belongs to takara & sunrise. last I heard takara might not even own the rights to brave anymore. so doing a botcon brave theme seems unlikely.

the 2010 theme seems to be off the table as next year will be 2011. which is a shame because I would have loved to see season 3 1986 characters botcon exclusives.

I suspose botcon 2011 still can do a "season 3 G-1/1986 theme. just not mention the 2006 or 2010 year.

I wonder what other themes are possible for botcon 2011?? perhaps a junkion planet theme. where a bunch of previous TF toys get colored,retooled & named jukion characters. problem here is only one character will be popular while the rest are all new made up personas.

maybe a transtech botcon 2011 theme. where a bunch of previous toys get recolored/retooled & called various transtech characters.

how about a few japanese G-1 Cartoon/toy line themes. doing battle stars would be cool. zone might be very fun to tackle as various decepticons were slaves/zombies.

how about a diaclone botcon theme,that would go over quite well with the fandom.

As far a the three pack troopers botcon toys goes: junkions,insecticons,

2. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Bug Drone

RiD.
    How about deluxe class versions of the Spychangers.
    And maybe Classics Mirage as Skid-Z.

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

In all likelihood we'll probably get repaints of Generations figures, since that is what's current and Hasbro has the rights to.
    Having said that, I have no idea what the theme would be.

4. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I'm thinking Beast Wars themed Animated figures.

5. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My money's still on RiD, as it'll be the 10th anniversary of a line that's still popular with the adult collectors the set is aimed at. Possible moulds?

* Universe Ironhide into X-Brawn (new head)
    * Generations G2 Prime into Scourge
    * Generations Red Alert into Prowl - I know they've used the Sunstreaker/Sideswipe mould for this year's boxed set, but would RA being a slight remould get around FunPub's self-imposed restriction on mould re-use?
    * Generations Wreck-Gar into Sideways or Axer

6. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Hmmm, this sounds reasonable.

7. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I agree rid makes sense as it's the 10th anniversary of the usa toy line next year.

but would the 2011 first/second quarter generations/shield molds be allowed to be used for botcon convention 2011 toys?

I mean,won't both hasbro & takara be heavily using those 2011 generations molds in mass production at the factories overseas to sell to stores world wide.

tracks,wreckgarr,laser prime,jazz,thunderwing seem like 2011 2nd quater toy molds.

8. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    I would want that as a Target, Walmart, or Toys R Us deal only. I'll cry if that's a Botcon only set.

I think it might be RID theme figures.

9. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    It's too early for them as they're coming out now and in the Spring of 2011. So you probably won't see them until 2012.

Randy

10. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    "Invasion" made me think of two possibilities: Go-Bots vs Transformers is the first. I remember overhearing a discussion at Botcon 2007 or 2008 about how much media hype they could give such a concept through outlets like Toyfare magazine. Second has less chance, but Shattered Glass Autobots invade the Classicsverse or Wings Universe.

11. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Considering that the line is: "The invasion has begun..." and that in 2010 we got SG Wheeljack as "Slicer" and SG Ravage, both of who popped up in the Classics-verse... Bet it that it's your second idea.

12. The touch79

The touch79 Sparticon

I could see a last stand of the wreckers theme. I mean they have done shattered glass, so why not another comic book-themed gift set? I feel that would sell like chronic.

13. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if 2011 disappoints the average fan the way 2009 did, since a lot of the Classics/Universe molds were already used up in 07, 08, and 10. And for that matter, a lot of Energon and Cybertron molds have been used too, and FP seems to be shying away from using scout-class anymore, so I can't imagine the well is very deep at this point, unless they've finally repealed their reuse rule.

2012 will probably be great, though.

14. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:

They did repeal it. We got Punch/Counterpunch and Breakdown as well as SG Rodimus and next year Sideburn from the same mold. Not to mention G2 Ramjet next year...

15. Abrogate

News Credits:
    A) I don't really see how Shattered Glass is a "comic-book themed" set. The entire concept of the SG universe was made -by- the Botcon people, it had no ties to previous fiction (aside from inside jokes and dimension hopping)

B) we know the theme of this year's set is "The invasion has begun," so I doubt it would have anything to do with the Wreckers. Though I'm completely sure that their staff is well aware of the Wreckers popularity and has an idea in mind for a possible year's set, I doubt it's 2011.

16. Abrogate

News Credits:
    Technically, that hasn't applied to Botcon itself. Punch, Ramjet, and Sideburn are all club exclusives, not Botcon exclusives.

I also wasn't considering Punch and Breakdown as rule-breaking since the mold was used in the same year (and that happens every year at Botcon... 05 had the motorcycles, Ironhide and Ratchet, and the Bug Clones all in one set; Buzzsaw and Laserbeak plus Cheetor and Tigatron in 06; the Seekers in 07; Jazz and Ricochet in 08; Scourge and the Sweeps in 09; Rapido and Streetwise plus Sky-byte and the Sharkticons this year)....

Ramjet had crossed my mind, though. And I forgot that Sideburn and SG Rodimus were the same guy :lol 

17. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Whatever the theme, I want to see a troop-builder pack of Terradives. That mold looks awesome.

18. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Seems likely at the least. That it'd be the Gobots. "The invasion has begun.." Could that reference the ehobby Gobots "Invading" Cybertron? Did any of them live? Who really knows except FP but I d sure love a proper Leader 1, Cy-Kill, Turbo, Coptur and Small Foot to go with the few homages and custom Gobots in my Classicsverse.

19. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    RiD for sure.

What's the point of having a lone Sideburn? Mirage as Skid-Z would be a shoe-in as well.

20. daelite20

daelite20 autobots

News Credits:
    I would guess ANIMATED THEME

:rolleyes: