It's OK to like Transformers: The Last Knight

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by DarkEnergon22, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Dude, this thread really sounds like you trying to justify you liking something that the majority of people just don't like. Again.

I mean, why tell people they don't have to hate it because other people hate it? That actually makes no sense beyond you actually, essentially, claiming that hating the transformer films without seeing them is just the 'popular' thing to do.

Like, come on now, you can't seriously be trying to deny that people hate the film because the majority of people legitimately think it sucks, are you? Hell, the film barely made over $600 million, that's less than the first film a decade ago! You need to understand that maybe this thing you like for certain reasons simply doesn't have that appeal power to basically the majority of others who have seen it.

Another damn fine post!

2. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    in fact it almost comes across as just liking it because other people hate it, like a sort of a non-thought rebellion.

• Like Like x 1
  3. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thing is, i love it but i do see its mistakes and can understand why other fans wouldnt like it, but i cant see the hatred from general public/critics. i just dont see it as a bad movie to warrant those opinions.

• Like Like x 5
  4. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

Uh, yes, that goes without saying, but I don't think the fact that critics, even ones whose content I enjoy, hate Transformers: The Last Knight affects my personal enjoyment of the film, or the opinions of others who dislike it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    I think it's one of those things that applies to daily life too:You don't really care what they say but you would like them to give you a break sometimes...you know

• Like Like x 3
  6. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

lots of good to be had in tlk....i know i was originally harsh on the transformations but after a second viewing...dare i say the transformations are once again, genius.

we're never gonna get better transformations than the bayverse ones...simply astounding all this time later still

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Am I allowed to hate it based upon my own opinions?

• Like Like x 3
  8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

You can like anything. If you are fan of Transformers Kiss Players then hey that's your thing. Maybe your favorite episode of Transformers is Carnage in C-Minor, we might question your sanity but you like what you like.

It's only a problem when people start going well I liked it so no is allowed to not like it. Or when you go well every critic is somehow wrong because I liked it so they aren't allowed to be critical of it. I mean I enjoy The Orville but that doesn't mean the TV critics don't have legitimate reasons why they don't enjoy it.

• Like Like x 5
  9. zachprime86

zachprime86 AKA Launch Pad Destroyer

I personally didn't like TLK, and I didn't like all the unnecessary hate and repeated comments either on these threads.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Is this the only TF movie you've seen?

• Like Like x 2
  11. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    Pretty much this. I saw this movie thrice in theaters, with the last 2 times being attempts to try and like the film as much as possible. By the 3rd showing I came to grips that, even against the others, this one really stuck out as just straight up BAD to me. I was really disappointed because the previous movie, I walked out of twice feeling the complete opposite. Doesn't mean I hate the film as there's enjoyment to be had, but it should've been done...better. A lot could've been done better in this film.

• Like Like x 2
  12. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

I like it, and i don't like it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I see bad things in its past. Even if we think the thread isn't necessary, or that the OP is too sensitive to criticism of things he likes, it doesn't reflect well on the rest of us either. That someone even thinks this thread is necessary is a pretty good indicator that maybe we've gone overboard harping on and on about what we don't like.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This takes me back to Beast Machines. The constant, near unanimous hatred of that show. I got swept up in it until I couldn't see anything but the mistakes.
    Years later, I picked up the box set & rewatched it. Turned out to be in my top 5 TF shows.

So yeah- like what you like. Hate what you hate. Try your best to not be swayed by mob mentality. And mostly, just have fun with it.

• Like Like x 4
  15. flamepanther

Thank you for saying this. People get insulted at the suggestion that there's a hatewagon, but it happens. To the best and brightest of us, sometimes. And a hatewagon doesn't mean the flaws in something that have been pointed out aren't valid complaints. Just overblown and focused on to the exclusion of any merits, maybe.

• Like Like x 6
  16. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    It absolutely happens. People show up on this board for no other reason than to insult the movies, adding nothing to discuss.

• Like Like x 6
  17. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    Yeah and then we're the bad guys because we "can't accept criticism" and we're the "defenders".I said it countless times and I say it again...it seems like it's a crime to ask for a little respect..everyone will say "But I have rights..free speech to express myself".That doesn't mean it's a moral thing to do...disrepect something people love.I understand many things..old school rap is my favorite type of music..I can understand revolt against oppression and wrong doing but not against entertainment..you know..like why hate?Why waste your time with something that will only perpetuate more anger and hatred?And then people are like "Why would someone ever feel insecure and empty?"

• Like Like x 5
  18. flamepanther

Some people are insecure when others express their dislike of things they like.

Others just find it damn obnoxious when that's all that happens, constantly, forever.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  19. BeePrime_WFCTX_106023

BeePrime_WFCTX_106023 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  20. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

It's okay to like TLK. It's okay to not like TLK.

I don't love or hate The Last Knight, although in my case there's nothing Transformers I truly hate; there's stuff I'm not too fond of, but even the worst Transformers fiction has its own charm to it.

Does the Last Knight ruin Transformers forever? Is it an affront to this brand made to sell toys? Definitely not.

Is it flawless cinematic perfection with perfect continuity? Is it The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, or Pan's Labyrinth? Definitely not.

It's a flawed movie with parts I like and parts I dislike. I'm not going to jump on any TLK love parades or hate wagons (not saying there aren't valid criticisms and praises), and I say that as someone who loves some, if not all, of the previous films.

• Like Like x 7