It's official....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tyjos, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Tyjos

Tyjos Just another Collector

Well shit's hit the fan now....which means the factory is confirmed to close February.

That means my dad is out of a job, at least he will work as much as he can till the factory closes and he'll get some severance pay. And he'll go back on unemployment....right now I may not have to clean out my collection but we're going to start selling off furniture and other large pieces.

But my mother tells me not to jump the gun, we may get some good news but right now I highly doubt it.

2. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

No offense but couldn't you just have ONE Tyjos' bad luck thread instead of a new one every day?

3. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Really sorry to hear that, man. My mom just lost her job as a night-time manager at a local party store. Luckily, she does have a job as head cook at the middle school, but still... that's not enough to pay bills. Dad's still got his job in our school district's maintenance department, but be my luck he'll waste his paycheck on more farm equipment... some of which we could do without.

I'm the only one in the family who doesn't have a job. Been trying, but it's tough 'cause I am in college and have no real job experience.

4. Tyjos

Sorry, just right now I am not thinking normally....since all this crap started normally I'd confine it all to one thread...you try maintaining your normal sanity dealing with something like this.

Well good thing is my dad will get Severance Pay but it won't be much since he worked there only 2 years....

Just now not in one of those moods to be "Nice" to people....a real scrooge mood in anyway.

Bah Humbug...

5. decepticonjon

decepticonjon japness for balls

yea mean ole ebenezer. god.. listen to someone else's problems instead of thinking of your own.
    you know, you've got real nerve mr. real nerve.

6. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

I've dealt with way worse, and still didn't spam up the boards....

7. Dusty

Dusty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, I feel the love in this thread. :rolleyes: 
    Sorry to hear about your father's bad fortune, man.

-D

8. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Lost my job a month ago after ten years and all I got was a don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

9. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

That's kinda what my brother got when his supervisor fired him well over a year ago at the one plant he worked at. At least he managed to get a job as a bus driver/bus monitor for our local school district... and he's way more happy there than with his previous job.

10. Tyjos

2008 apparently has been my most unusual year yet [Heck I started out the year nearly getting killed by a Tornado] I haven't been my usual self hopefully I'll be regaining my sanity here in the next day or so.

This is just not the normal stuff I'm used to dealing with...so my initial response to it has been a very very crazy one.

I'll probably look back on this and laugh my head off.

11. Sideways

Sideways Banned

whatever happens I wish you and your family the best.