It's official v 2.0

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shaun_C, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

The good news just keeps on comming with me[/sarcasm]

Remember this thread

Well I heard it from both mom and dad.It's mainly only a matter of time.But most likely there will be a separated.

Yesterday I felt like screaming,crying,cussin' and punching all at once.And talk about bad timing as 1)I just lost my job and 2)An old friend suddenly stopped talking to me a)Hasn't been on MSN for over a month and b)Won't answer his cell phone.

I said it last time and I'll say it again.I FIRMLY believe that my younger bro getting his gf*now his ex*pregnant 2 years ago is partly to cause.You wouldn't believe how tense it's been here at home sometimes.In fact my brother ACTUALLY told my dad "He's my son,not your's" which if you read between the lines is the equivelant of being told to butt out.That ill planned pregnancy caused a lot of disention.I've been unlucky enough to hear most of the arguments

Can't talk to my cousins as 1 is hard to catch at home and the other will probably say something like "I knew it'd happen eventually" which would honestly be insensitive

So basically I've lost a job,lost a friend and have to witness the death knell of my parent's marriage.

I SERIOUSLY hope I can find a good job that'll enable me to move out BEFORE the split happens.That's that ONLY reason I feel this bad.If I was already living on my own I wouldn't care as much cause I already established myself.

Ugh it just CAN'T get much worse for me

2. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    ugh. sorry to hear that man. hope theyll reconcile eventually and you hang in there.

3. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Life sucks sometimes, and certainly does not seem fair, all you can do is roll with the punches and remember that this is just a bad spell, and it will pass.

Are you still working out? It has done wonders for my outlook on life and keeps me from getting stressed, it's nice to have something to do to get your mind off of things.

4. Shaun_C

I'm so conflicted

I don't know whether to pity them(my parents) or be angry at them :redface2: 

It's like they've both just given up on each other.And I don't know what to do :cry 

There might be stuff I don't see.But from what I've seen neither of them are really that bad towards each other.It's just that THEY can't see it.I've seen bad marriages and out of all the things I personally would cease a relationship for.I haven't really seen it her in my family

I just wish I had a)A good friend to fall back on and b)A good paying job so that I can move out.Because I wouldn't care as much if my parents separated if I was already on my own.As I wouldn't be affected,but as is this will be a HUGE change for me to adjust to.Because I'll be leaving the house & neighborhood I grew up in.This is a change THRUSTED on me & I despise those type of changes

5. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that. I hope your parents will at least seek counseling and try to save the marriage. My parents divorced when I was 3 and I lived with my aunt and grandma for majority of my childhood til I graduate from high school, and I was always moving every year and changing school so yeah changes suck and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

6. Shaun_C

It's just not fair

It's just not fair you know

I mean I know that families like the Huxtables or the Winslows aren't realistic.But I never thought my parents would split up.

What a time for me to lose friends.It's at times like this you need a friend the most.

What I hate THE MOST,is that they're both using that line "This doesn't concern you,this is between us"

I mean if I wasn't living with them that'd be true.But I still live here & I think that being uprooted from the only home I've known & having to choose which parent I want to live with affects me

7. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Welcome to life. What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

8. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:

Well you're not a teenager. It's time you start thinking of living on your own, or with a couple of buddies. You don't want to be like my cousin Rick, who is 40 and still living with mommy and daddy and has never made anything of himself. Nothing more sad than realizing that your life has passed you by and you have nothing to show for it.

9. the_riesen

the_riesen INDY COLTS SBXLI-Champs TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    eat some chocolate pudding. It makes all the pain go away.

10. Shaun_C

Don't really have any buddies unfortunately.At least none I speak to consistantly.I know that sounds horrid :redface2: 

And in terms of moving out,would've moved out years ago if I could(money issue).W/o getting too specific there's a lot to me not many know

Actually planned on moving out in 2002,but the company I was working for ending up being an MLM a.k.a. Pyramid scheme.

11. funkatron101

Ebay:
    That's the thing with money. It's a good excuse to put your life on hold. But it is amazing how many people I know who have opted to live with their parents because they are in debt, and yet never get out of it.

It was only until after I moved out at 22 that things started happening for me. Now I had just as much of an excuse to keep living with my parents. But I decided it was time to get my feet wet. 5 years later I have a awesome wife, a good job, a big house, and $25,000 in investments.

Does that mean everyone is successful by moving out? No, but I assure you had I stayed living with my parents I would have nothing but a few more fancy gadgets and some more Transformers. No real assets, no real worth, no real life.

You are at a crossroads. You can play it safe and remain living with one of your parents and continue not having many friends, not making much headway with your debt. Or you can take a chance and succeed or fail. Life is all about risk. One big change can point your whole life in the right direction.

12. Shaun_C

You misunderstand

I'm not in debt.I don't owe anyone anything.All debts have been paid off.

Don't know how to explain the friend thing.It's something that never really made sense as I've had friends in the past

13. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    dude, you REALLY gotta work on your low self esteem issues, man. ;) 

14. Shaun_C

I'm actually not that bad KA :D 

Once people get to know me they realize "Hey I'm not that bad".I might not be extroverted but I'm not too introverted either.It's ALL about how comfortable you make me.Make me feel at ease and I'll crack jokes and all that good stuff

Oh BTW wish me luck,in 45 mins I leave for an interview with this company for this position.

Here's hoping as this job would solve my present unemployment crisis.And it is a good company w/decent benefits for CSRs.

But to put this thread back on topic,it's just SO hard to believe that my parents 30 yr marriage is potentially over.I mean you always think to yourself "Hey it's no big deal" when you see it on TV.But DAMN in real life NOTHING prepares you for it

15. funkatron101

Ebay:
    It's not helping that he is living at home and he is in his mid 20's. I'm not trying to sound like a dick, but I've seen too many people do this now. My friend Jason is 26. He had a beautiful girlfriend since high school. They lived in his parents basement. He had no ambition to move out.

I had a party at my house one day and his girlfriend kept talking about how gorgeous our house was. Constantly saying how jealous she was. Two months later, she broke it off with Jason and moved out. Coincidence? I think not.

Now Jason is alone, still living with his parents, playing video games all day. This was a guy who was on top of the world in high school. We all expected him to succeed.

Don't be that guy. Don't be the guy that people say "It's a shame, he could have made more of his life."

Playing it smart and playing it safe are not always the same thing. Find a temp job, find a studio apartment and start the journey.