It's not the end of the world.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Dark_Convoy, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Doctor Ingenious

Doctor Ingenious Doctorate in Ingeniology

Transformers toys will always be "just for kids". No movie is going to change that.

2. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

Although I agree with your point, I'd like to see how would you address the other side of the coin. There's only mention to the people that get worked up about the movie being different of what they wanted. How about the people bitching about the haters, isn't the advice "it's just a movie" as good for them? I mean, anyone that is ok with how things have been done clearly has no reason to complain. The movie is on schedule, has great names, designs rock, Peter Cullen is in it, what's to be upset about? Shouldn't these people also realise that it's just a movie?

Shaun, what do you care? It's just a movie.

3. Barricade

Barricade Frenzy is in my pants.

"It's only a movie."

Yeah, a movie of a franchise people have been worshiping for a couple decades. Buying the DVD's, watching the toons, buying the toys, getting Prime tattoos on their asses, etc. It's finally making the jump to live-action, and this will probably be the ONLY time it does if the movie bombs, so fans are just a bit nervous/scared/pissed. Sure, people accepted Beast Wars because, even though OP was a gorilla, it was another cartoon that expanded the cartoon universe, and they could watch G1 to calm their nerves. Good or bad, they (animated series) all do. Whereas this is the ONLY live action movie. Like a beginning, or a rebirth into a new media. Much like people that said; "Prime's a ****ing gorilla??" came to love BW, so shall many fans see the damn movie and accept it as a new tale. But forgive people a little bit for hating the way a big part of their life is being treated in it's first live action outing. Yes, it's NOT the end of the world, but it's not like there's any live-action TF to fall back on if this fails, or flat out sucks ass, so many fans are just scurred.

Also, it's like 6 in the morning, I'm not really sure what I just typed.
    :( 

4. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    great point of view

5. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

As far as myself personally, I summed it up in this part of my post:

As far as others, yes there are people on both sides that need to take a chill pill.

6. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I'm glad it's being made. Someone has taken on the daunting task of erecting such a legendary universe. The fans (of all types) have made it this way. You have people who have been in it since G1, Beast Wars Fans, Japanese TF fans, all the way up to Cybertron fans. People love the toys, the movies, the art, or all 3. There is so much more to the Transformers Universe than just this movie.

It's going to be a new generation if Transfandom.

7. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

I want to see the inevitable Roger Corman rip-off, along with all the other straight-to-video cheapo's that'll inevitably get churned out to cash in.

Even if I hate the official movie (which I seriously doubt), there'll be those to laugh at.

8. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Wow that is the LONGEST way I've ever seen ANYONE type "You'll get over it"

9. The Fortress Maximus

The Fortress Maximus Has a toilet in his head

The toys perhaps...but not necessarily the fiction that surrounds them.

10. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    You know what? The last TF show or otherwise entertainment that I watched and liked was Beast Machines. As far as I'm concerned everything since has been crap and I've built up a large degree of apathy towards everything since (RiD, Armada, Energon) so as I see it the movie cant be any worse then these. As far as I'm concerned we've already hit rock bottom and the movie cant make it any worse for me and can only make it go up.

So if its good, great thats awesome, we finally having something since BM worthy watching, if it turns out to be a bust were no worse from were we started.

In short, for me its not worth getting riled up over and whatever happens, happens.

11. The Fortress Maximus

Be careful with that...famous last words and all.

12. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    How so?

13. Barricade

Maybe he means the old last words in horror movies. "It can't possibly get any worse!!" *Gets worse* :tongue: 

14. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

True. But I would like to see something decent from the series in the future. Having an ongoing series that sucks isn't going to be the best thing for the Franchise. A hit movie will. Go Movie, I believe in you! Also, I want to see more profits go into Hasbro from TF's, that way they'll spend more money on toy designs.

15. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Lay off with the flamebaiting - TFW2005 Staff

16. The Fortress Maximus

Bingo...next thing you know Prime will be talking out his hand, Bumblebee will be pissing oil, and Helicopters will be shooting scorpions out their butts :p 

17. Barricade

Pfft. It will never get THAT bad.
    :rolleyes2 

:( 

18. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    My point was that if the movie doesn't turn out, its not going to effect me one way or the other. Like I said, since it's been so long since we have had a good "entertainment" representation for Transformers I've really stopped getting my hopes up.

So if the movies good, awesome we finally get something good, if not well I guess we'll just have to wait a bit longer now wont we.

Whatever happens, happens, and there's nothing we can do about it, and for me at least it's nothing worth getting all pissy over.

EDIT: Also dont get me wrong I want this movie to be good and successful as much as anybody, but I think we all have to realize that stuff dosint always work out the way we always want it too.

19. Barricade

What? Did you say something? I was too busy watching your avatar.. :p 

20. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

It's only a movie.

Thing is, the supposed outrage is "only" posts on a message board. They mean even less in the grand scheme of things than a movie does.

Doesn't change the fact, however, that lots of people think what's happening here is really bad, a wasted opportunity for a good Transformers film in their lifetime, and are going to spend a couple of minutes of their time typing out why. That's really their perogative.

Phazer