it's next to impossible to find un-damaged TF Newer boxes/cards.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tigermegatron, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

Lately for the last 6 months,since june/july 2010. The newer TF toy boxes/blister cards are more damaged than previous years.

in the past,the 2009 & 2008 TF toy years saw a improvement in TF toy boxes & blister cards. thanks to the improved case assortments lay outs.

A fellow ATTer says he works for wal-mart & blames the newer outer brown shipping asortment boxes using thinner/cheaper cardboard.

The running rumor is Both Takara & Hasbro have moved out of their overseas manufactoring factories. and moved else where overseas.

Also both hasbro & takara have appartly gone more green. using bio-degradable twist ties. perhaps both companies are using cheaper/tninner cardboard for the case assortment to save the envionment & go more green.

At any rate I'm having a hard time finding a perfect condition HA Jazz box. I've nearly seen 50 HA Jazz's with dented up box corners & dented creases.
    Thus far I have yet to find a un-damaged,perfect box for HA Jazz.

Whenever I buy a new mold TF toy in stores I sometimes buy 2. one to open up & put on display,I don't care how the box looks as it gets opened up & the box gets thrown out.. the second has got to be a perfect box as it never gets opened & gets stored.

Trying to find a un-damaged,perfect boxed HFTD Leader sized starscream is also near impossible. I've literally seen 45 of them & there all heaviliy damaged. with major banged up/dented corners. huge creases all over the box. the top of the box pushed in,etc................

I saw all the newer generations toys at walmart. every single deluxe was damaged extensively. I bought a damaged straxus to keep it misb. I will buy another in better condition,then return the other damaged one.

2. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Your area sucks. I haven't had any problems.

3. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I would have to agree with Wollstone. I don't have any problems.

4. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same here. I sense some post-count padding going on with the start of this thread.

5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

You could always just get the "collector's grade" option on boxed TF's through BBTS if you're that desperate.

You also need to keep in mind that Transformers aren't MEANT to be kept in their boxes if they're recently released. They're toys meant for kids, and kids will destroy the packaging in most cases, so a dent or two won't matter in the long run for those boxes.

6. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All the cardbacks and packaging I've seen have been in perfect shape and no different, in terms of condition, than anything else I've seen for the past two years.

7. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I had a perfect HA Jazz box then I destroyed it to get to the toy. But for real, unless a kid took it off the pegs and played kickball with it, all the packages are in good condition in my area. But if your one of those "MISB" collectors, pony up the extra cash and get your stuff from BBTS and pay the extra couple bucks for the collector's grade from them.

8. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Also, damaged boxes can sometimes be a good thing. If you're intending to own one out of the package, then you can get a damaged goods discount.

9. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

there are no new outer brown shipping assortment boxes using thinner/cheaper cardboard.

10. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I could care less about the packaging. I'd rather have decent paint apps and no QC issues.

11. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

This, plus the packaging goes straight to the trash once I get home.

12. anotheran

anotheran Old skooler

I just check the toys for paint bleeding/chipping or manufacturing defects. Packaging is an afterthought.

13. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Packaging exists to be ripped open and quickly disgarded by happy children who are eager to play with their toys.

14. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    This is the simple truth. When a stockperson at Walmart is taking toys out of a package and placing thing on shelves and one falls, I doubt fear races through here heart that the package is ruined forever for an MISB collector. She just puts it back on the shelf for a kid to come along and plead with the grandparents to buy the toy for them.

15. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

In the context of this thread, this made me :lol 

16. ExVeeBrawn

ExVeeBrawn Three dollar Nazi

News Credits:
    Actually, Deathy is right. The packaging is more frequently dinged, dented or bent now than it used to be. I really started noticing it when Animated came out.

[​IMG]

17. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Think getting undamaged packaging is hard where you are? Try living in the UK where major store chains like Tesco punch holes in packaging for security tags.

Not that it bothers me from an undamaged packaging perspective. More for boxed toys on a "did they open this to punch their tag through it and if so did any little baggies fall out" perspective.

18. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    in all my years of buying toys from stores, Ive never gotten a toy with a "destroyed box" but im not a MISB collector so perhaps there was some minute dings I didn't see/care for.

19. SaberBurst

SaberBurst Guardian

Service over here is great. Sorry bro.

20. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know exactly what you're talking about. Since I plan to open my toys the boxes are not that important for me but occasionally I think about buying a spare and for anyone extremely specific about box condition it's tough.