It's just one of those times in the life of a 15 year old xD

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by transformervic1, Jan 16, 2012.

1. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    Last weekend i got myself a girlfriend who i thought would make a difference.

That thought = Dead wrong.

It was someone I liked for a long time and decided to grow some and just ask. when the answer was yes, We both seemed happy, But the thing is she lives in a different County than i do. So how would a long-distance teen relationship be reachable? Facebook( of course ). We chatted on there but what i was starting to notice was that she wasn't online very often.The fact that her mom took her phone REALLY wasn't helping either. I asked why when she was online and It was always "friends" or something like that. I was starting to not feel like much of a priority to her, but i kept my hopes up.

throughout the week we planned to see each other again this past weekend at the skating ring. It seemed like a sure thing. So Saturday( day of the planned meet ) came and I kept my end of the plan. her, not so much. I waited there alone from 2pm-8pm before deciding to leave. At this point, I was more angry than worried. So when i asked what happened through FB, she told me she had to do something else important, but she added that "we shouldn't talk if you're going to be mad like that". To me, that was the last straw and i ended it(but as calmly as a boy possibly could). she then unnecessarily deletes me off her friends list and blocks me xD

Yah, i can tell i'm not gonna be ready for a stupid relationship til I'm 20.

2. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

That's high school relationships for you. At least you realized that at this point you're not ready for a relationship. I guess it's better to wait than to stupidly rush into it. Live and learn.

3. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    exactly

4. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At least you are aware that you're still not ready for a relationship. This is something you should expect at your age and you just have to live with it and be patient for the time you're able to handle a relationship that's just right for you, which is probably around 19 years old and up.

5. thecollector

thecollector Fluffernutter Admirer

My last relationship was a long distance one too, it ended with a bit of BS. I get the whole not feeling like a priority to her, felt the same with mine. We're still friends now, but it taught me a valuable lesson: Trust people when they say long distance relationships usually don't work. Like others have said, just don't rush into stuff at this point, you'll find that person who's right for you eventually.

6. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    You waited for 6 hours? Dude.

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Look this relationship had so many things against it from the start its kind of surprising it lasted as long as it did. Didn't help you basically ended it at the very first sign of any trouble whatsoever.

You met someone, you had some fun together, it ended. That's really all you can expect at this point in your life, and hey, good times are good times.

Do you honestly think having a relationship is going to make everything awesome in your life, especially at your age? It won't. If you're not walking into a relationship as someone who's at least reasonably confident in themselves and their life, there's a very good chance things are going to fail spectacularly because of all that baggage. All you'll be doing is forcing two people to deal with those problems that you really need to work out beforehand anyway.

Getting a girl will not fix your life. All it can do is enhance the life you already have. Turning 20 is not some magic number where everything is going to make sense and work out, though at that point you might be a more mature person if you start working at it now.

With that advice being said, I am going to absolutely tear into the next teen who makes a "poor me" thread. I will turn the full measure of my spite against them to savage them in a scathing post.

8. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You're not going to find anyone who works for you until you figure out who you are. As cliché as it sounds, you simply have not lived enough to know. You're going to make mistakes, and sometimes it will suck hard, but it will make you a better, more interesting person.

9. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    You're 15. You shouldn't have a girlfriend. You should have multiple. Know what I'm saying?

10. Soundbytes

Soundbytes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry that happened to you (same age btw). Now I'm not a dating pro in the SLIGHTEST so you shouldn't take anything I say as 100% fact, but I'd there is one thing I know is stick to your school. You can spend more time with her (him for any girl(s) reading this), while also getting to know each others personality. Anyone who knows me well knows that I'm almost constantly sarcastic (I don't go overboard, though. Think Fletch). However, this doesnt translate well over Facebook/text. If I say something over a message that is meant to be a joke, it's normally taken seriously, which can end badly. Very badly. The girl I currently like doesnt have a Facebook, which I think might be a good thing. Hope you can get back on the metaphorical horse soon man!

11. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    I'm half-tempted to make that thread, if just because I am quite sure your post would be so incredible that it would simultaneously burn me in the past, present, and future.

12. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Stick to local girls that you can see anytime.

13. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, most guys wouldve given it 1, 2hrs tops.

Dont feel sorry for yourself. Time to develop bitter attitude towards girls n treat them like shit!

14. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

So you're going to verbally BRIGHTslap someone over the internet, to put it lightly.
    To be frank, I kinda want to see that post.

15. thecollector

thecollector Fluffernutter Admirer

Icwutumighthavedonethar...:lol 

16. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Wisdom. This man speaks wisdom.

17. Soundbytes

Soundbytes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just let out a laugh so loud I think my dogs bark collar may or may not have killed him.

18. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    Sounds like you did the right thing, and if by chance she comes crawling back tell her to go fuck herself, it's a can't-miss opportunity :D .

19. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    And then THAT'S when they're gonna be all over you!

20. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    :lol  so I've heard.