It's just amazing...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lock Cade, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Okay, my family are a bunch of Disney fanatics. I consider myself to be a big fan of Disney... I have read two different biographies of Walt Disney, I love watching the classic movies and cartoons, and I've been to Walt Disney World 4 times. So, when we had gone to Best Buy to do some Christmas shopping, my mom found a DVD called Walt: The Man Behind the Myth. It wasn't until this last weekend when we got the chance to sit down and watch it.

Now, when we got to the part where they talked about his passing away and how everybody in the whole world reacted, I started to cry.

It's just amazing, I was born many years after Walt Disney passed away, and yet here I was crying as his friends and family talked about his death, feeling as though I've lost a very special friend. Like I said, I've read two different biographies of Mr. Disney, and I know a great deal about the man than anyone of my age. It's just amazing... I feel like I've known him, even though he died long before I was even born.

Are there any Disney fans here? If so, do you guys feel the same way I do? Just curious...

2. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I too am a big fan of Disney and his work. One of my favorite Disney World attractions is the one about him and the park at MGM. I dont know that I would necessarily cry, but I do feel bad that a legend and an extraordinary visionary left this world before he could see his ultimate vision come to life.

3. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

If you believe the rumors, Walt was an anti-Semite.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walt_Disney:_Hollywood's_Dark_Prince

4. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    With very few exceptions I prefer older Disney movies. They had infinitely more charm about them.

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I was going to mention that, but I thought it would be in bad taste.

On another note, I was wondering what he would think about some of the crappier stuff his studio has put out in the last few years. It's definitely gone downhill since he died.

6. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

He would blame it on the jews, naturally.

7. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Well being from Orlando Florida I have a natural prejudice against Disney but I'm not a hater.

My sister has an eye for animation and constantly reminds me the work done Disney as a art. Disney has my respect, I just dont like that mouse :p 

8. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    I respect animated Disney movies, but if it's Walt Disney himself, then I too also have somewhat of a hate for him. I just feel like he's TOO wholesome.

That, and the fact that I believe that Disney is cryogenically frozen. :p 

9. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I find it ingenious that he found a way to buy 20,000 acres of Florida.

10. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

"Are the Jews gone yet?!"

I love Disney. Mulan, Lion King, Aristocats, it's all good in my book. I like singing Disney songs, too.

11. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I don't know much about Walt Disney as a person, but I like his visions and the ideas that he had. I love going to the parks and just taking in the whole feel of it.

12. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, based on what I learned from art school, Walt was a shrewd business man and a lot of their best cartoons weren't really designed or inspired by him. Particularly the movies. Walt Disney's death probably had little to do with Disney's ways- they want absurd amounts of money and they get it. I think that would have happend if he were miraculously still alive and in charge or not.

I believe disney as a company has some of the most talented artists and animators, including Pixar and their tech savy. But the business side of it, which is much more Walt then people think, is still pretty greedy. No surprise or anything, that's what corporations do.

13. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    I heard it was just his head...but a little googling says that its just another urban legend.

14. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I hear he likes eating cuban children. "Elian? Elian!!!!"

15. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Wish I still had that picture of what Disney kept in the vault when he was alive.

16. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The anniversary of his death just passed actually - passed away 15 December 1966, cremated 2 days later.

17. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As for what Walt would think of Disney's output today...I believe they power all of Disney World by hooking up a generator to Walt's coffin. Then, every time an Imagineer suggests "Lady and the Tramp 3" or "Snow White and the Eighth Dwarf," Walt spins, and people get another ride on Space Mountain.

18. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

Only Disney I ever really liked was Darkwing Duck, and that was part of the Eisner era. But until they bring it back I'm boycotting Disney(Pixar really isn't Disney, just owned by them). A halfassed hard-to-find DVD set doesn't count.

19. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Winnie the Pooh... all existed before Disney made films about them.

20. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

yeah disney is very meh in my opinon..... i think some of the "classic" stuff is considered so cuz they pretty much had a monopoly on the animation market.........

and i think the disney channel is the worst thing for kids nowadays since homeschool...........lots of cousins who are socially inept cuz of that damn channel.

but what i hate is its just as craptacular as anything else on tv, same empty entertainment, but parents vouch for it cuz its disney........