Its going to be huge, go 80's kids unite!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Blunticon, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Alls I gots to say is damn people! Everywhere I go peeps are talking about this movie. I bought some movie toys the other day in Walmart and everybody in line, even in the checkout lady was like you going to see the movie, blah, blah! Im loving this, you can tell the real 80's kids by how much they want to see it. The cable guy came to my house the other day, saw my Transformers collection and freaked and wouldnt leave and talked about the movie. Now this is some Redneck cable guy who knew what the fuck was up with Transformers! Anybody else getting good vibes, because everybody in the world is ready except for most of the people born in the 90's! No offence peeps but you just dont understand how big this is. Its been a long time in the making.

2. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Hey! I'm a 70's kid who was into TRANSFORMERS as a teenager so no discrimination from you 80's young 'uns please!;) 

But seriously, we Brits are a boring bunch who don't really get excited by anything. Despite this, the vast array of magazines with TF's on the front that have been popping up lately always seem to be being picked up and gossiped about by kids and adults in the local newsagents.
    The word is spreading amongst the uninitiated: TRANSFORMERS may actually be worth watching!

3. awful_gollum

awful_gollum Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm a 90's kid (though I was born in '88), and I do understand how big this is. I'm very stoked about the movie and so ready for it. Though I doubt I'm anywhere nearly excited as you 80's kids.:) 

4. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Picked up Leader Megs in the toy aisle at Target. Guy comes up, asks me if I'm seeing the movie. I talked with him for atleast an hour before I said I had to leave.

5. Dinotron

Dinotron AA2010 13-15 AUG BE THERE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    80's ruuuuuuullllllllllle!!!!!

6. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I'm semi stoked, and I'm an 80's kid. Born in 1980 to be exact. I missed the 70's entirely, thank God. :) 

7. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    90's kid (born in 1990 actually)...but I grew up on Transformers (Beast Wars first, but got myself into G1 and what not).

I am beyond excited for the movie, it is the one thing I have been looking forward to for a long, long time.

8. atlianz

atlianz TFW2005 Supporter

I know, Ive got my vision street wear t shirt and jams all ready for the showing!!!
    sporting 3d glasses too!!

9. ganymede2010

ganymede2010 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm an 80's kids also, and I totally agree with your post. This is a magical moment for those of us who grew up on the original series. I haven't been this excited for a movie since the Phantom Menace. The only difference is, this movie will actually be good. And I won't experience the immense let down I sufferd after watching that shit pile.

Seeing Optimus Prime in action is going to bring tears of joy. It's going to be great to see Ironhide, Prime, Starscream, Megs & Ratchet live again. I'm still depressed over losing them in TF the Movie 86. So this will be a monumental occasion for this 80's lad.

10. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

It just happened again at my house again. Some people who dont give a damn about Transformers and Transfans and they were like its badass! The revolution has begun and I dont mean to offend any age group im just talkin from the stadpoint of those of us fortunate enought to have it come on after school back in the day and how we dreamed of this day and it will happen. Call me crazy, call me old fashioned 80's Transformer fan. HELL! I love it, bring it on, let the revolution begin.

11. Firestorm

Firestorm Red Mage in Training

Born '83. I was in Wal-Mart the other day near the toy section. I was off to one side of the aisle near, but not looking at, the TF movie toys which are displayed on a pallet in the middle of the main aisle. Two guys, about 22-25, walked up and saw the pallets. Then they just started to talk about how awesome the movie looked, and these didn't look like the geek/fan type. I just listened and smiled the whole time.

When I checked out at Target (I was picking up Megatron), the cashier immediately talked about the movie and asked why I wasn't getting Prime. I responded honestly, which was that I already had him. Guy was 18 and seemed really excited, too.

12. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm a late 80s/early 90s kid, grew up on G1/G2, plus a lot of Beast Wars, and right now is like a childhood dream come true. Transformers in the spotlight, soon to be on the big screen. I've never been this excited about a movie, not even Revenge of the Sith, even though I loved Star Wars as long as I've been a fan of Transformers. I've had my MySpace decked out in Transformers stuff for about a year (got all my friends, friends of their friends, into the movie. My brother jokes about how it should be the actual Transformers MySpace page). I am the movie reviewer for my college newspaper, did a preview for summer movies listing Transformers as #1 and got a whole ton of people at college into Transformers. Got my tickets early, the first time I've ever done that.
    I also love how everyone talks about it positively when it's mentioned. On June 2, at Target I got into a conversation with a fellow fan, at Wal-Mart I've seen a lot of adults and kids buying movie TF stuff, and talking excitedly about it, when I get TF stuff at Hot Topic, the cashiers always get into a conversation about the movie with me, it's awesome. The other day in Target I heard two employees talking about how the movie is going to be "sweet," they were restocking figures and saying how cool they were. I have no doubt this movie's going to top the box office record for summer movies. I've heard only positive reviews from those who've seen it (fans and non-fans alike) and there is a huge amount of buzz.
    The movie's gonna OWN!

13. 0JazzMeister0

0JazzMeister0 Autobot Jo

News Credits:
    I'm an '82 gal, and I eagerly await the 27th (omg! just 9 days more!!)...

but I find it funny that suddenly now alot of people are starting to crawl out of the woodwork and call themselves fans. These are the same people who would have looked at you funny and called you immature around this time last year after you told them that you played with Transformers.

Now, suddenly they want to go to see the Movie with you, cos you are the TF fan and zomg! you're like, so kewl!

14. Hi Q

Hi Q I don't want a user title

News Credits:
    Meanwhile, here I get at the most is funny looks from cashiers and people in line when I stand there with more than 1 TF figure.
    Overall people still don't know what TF is, let alone that there's gonna be a movie.

15. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    I've run into the same thing.....people you wouldn't expect to are giving praise to the movie.....yes...we are coming out of all the nooks and crannies.

Its going to be a great summer for the Tfan :D 

16. Autobot HipHop

Autobot HipHop Covert Operations

I'm a 70's baby and I was 7 when Gen1 came out. I'm HYPED as hell for the movie, I got Transformers on my desk at work and everyone who stops by the office strikes up a conversation about em :) 

Even this one hot girl at my job got the most hyped for the movie besides myself. She was like "OH Sh*t! The Transformers were so cool back in the day." Then she talked about how the new Transformers look far superior then then the old toys. It's amazing how I remembered what she said while I was staring at her breas....uh i mean face but anyways

Wow, maybe Tranformers won't be forever seen as such a kiddie thing afterall :) 

17. shadowhyphen

shadowhyphen Member

A natural born 80's kid here, haha!

Some time ago, a professor named us the "Transformers Generation", claiming to belong to the "Mazinger Z Generation". So this is part of us.

The 80's aren't back, they're never gone!

18. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    yeeeeaaaaaaa boooyyeeeeeeeee

19. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

I mean it just keeps on happening. I told the whole freakin pharmacy about the movie this evening. They asked about because this kid was in line with a Transformer and I was giving him props. Ill talk to anybody man and so I educated the old folks on Transformers.

20. 88prime

88prime Member

I was 10 when G1 came out. I've been hooked ever since. Now I have 2 kids myself and I get to live my childhood all over again with them. For years I've always had my original Prime and Bumblebee in my display case posed taking on my original Devestator. Always a conversation piece. My friends would admire them, saying "I can't believe you still have your transformers!" This movie is a dream come true. The other day somebody asked you going to the movie? I said "I've been waiting 25 freaking years for this moment!" It's like the 2nd coming! I can't believe it! July 3rd can't get here fast enough!