It's finally over

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Trek, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After three months trying to get a straight answer out of eBay about reactivating my account they've finally replied by sticking two proverbial fingers up at me.

Time to start a new shop...

2. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I don't know the story nor what happened, but I've had nothing but great customer support from ebay...could be because I pay them so much damn money. But, they actually call me if I ever have a problem and/or question.

3. Rdfnd1253

Rdfnd1253 Well-Known Member

I feel your pain man!! I had a problem with one seller not combining shipping costs like he stated in his auction. I believe I won 3 of 4 of his auctions and each figure ending around $10 or so. Nothing big. Anyway I got a checkout for the all 4 items with each items shipping cost. So if shipping was $10 for each item, he sent me a shipping cost of $40. Mind you this amount was the same cost I won the auction for. So i wrote an email to the seller asking about combining shipping costs. I get nothing back. So I contacted ebay and got nothing back. I refused to pay for the items as I knew this seller was ripping me off. Low and behold, the shmuck hit me with an unpaid item mark for each auction. I got banned. I tried to dispute and got nowhere. Fast forward 5 months later or so, I make a new account figuring what the hell, I'll restart on ebay. A couple months into using that ebay username, its band for being linked to the first account. I once again try to get the first account fixed. Finally months later I made another new account that was blocked within a week. I know my first account was blocked before ebay implemented the new buyer/seller feedback program, but ever since then i can;t make a new account. A couple days ago I emailed them and finally got some help. They want me to contact that seller for those 4 items, pay the price it cost for him to list the item, and ask him to take the unpaid mark off or so. Im like yea right!! He was an asshole then, Im sure he's gonna do shit for me now.

EBAY SUCKS unless your a power seller. I had 52 positive feedback and 2 negative and got treated like I was nothing. Good luck man!

4. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    I fail to understand how any can EVER get negative feedback on Ebay. I've never had a problem come up that wasn't resolved in my favor.

Ebay has all kinds of rules in place for protecting both sides from each other. Just be in the right all the time and it's a great place to buy and sell.

5. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ebay is very stacked against giving the seller the benefit of the doubt. If you sell 15 items or less a month all it takes is three neutrals (not negatives) to get you suspended (in my case it was two neutrals and a negative).

I feel like I've been treated like a fraudster, despite the fact that every single one of my buyers either received their item or a full refund.

6. TheSpacebridge

TheSpacebridge The Spacebridge TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You get negatives from idiots. I got a negative from somebody who expected an item to come with something that wasn't pictured or mentioned in the listing. I got a neutral last month for no reason whatsoever!

I got blocked for 2 months, I had to fight and fight to save me account

Ebay is all about protecting the buyer now, it's a shame they have the market totally dominated

Hitch

7. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Indeed. Red Leader had his account banned too mate, but that forced him to open Kapow and look at him now. Probably the best thing that ever happened to him.

Why not try a "proper" webstore? It'll be harder for sure but worth a shot...

8. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That happened on one of my auctions the buyer left a feedback of only "thanks", but left neutral feedback with no explanation. I even tried to contact the buyer to ask if there was a problem, but never received a answer.

9. Digital Jesus

Digital Jesus Devastator's big left toe

As a seller:
    If you send (bulk) friendly emails to your buyers after auctions and ship within two days of payment, and use PayPal to print your labels, usually you have a good chance of never having a problem. I go as far to include a small leaflet with each shipment asking for 5 star positive feedback upon reception of the item and note to please email or call immediately with any problems.

Like Hitch said, you will eventually encounter an idiot that will make your day very sad, however communication short of harrasment with the problem person can have your neutral/negative removed, even if it means a refund. A lot of times, stuff like this is over cheaper items, less than $10. Is your eBay account worth $10 to you or more?

In his (Hitch's) case, people ding him for his shipping time. He offers high-end items that normal collectors and newbies want to snag because they THINK it's important or they can snag it and turn a profit with it a month later. See also Prime, Pepsi AFA.
    If anyone from the boards bought from Hutch, they would understand that he lives in Never-Never Land and it takes a while to get a package from there, and count he only ships on Saturdays. It says it in clear big red letters on each of his pages, but most people just don't understand the concept of eBay: You get what you want, cheaper than normal, but you just don't get it RIGHTNOW.

I too fell prey to a very bad eBay experience, I was once a power seller with perfect feedback, an eBay member since 1996. Few people can say that. A zero feedbacker bought a few of my auctions and then filed all sorts of crap with PayPal and eBay without any communication to me. I took back the items and gave full refunds, and they were returned in no such order that they were originally, and eBay still sided with the creep and suspended me. the straw that broke the camels back was they (eBay) called to talk about the problem, but called an old number that (my fault) I had not updated on the site. The man on the other end who had a similar name I'm guessing kept telling them there was no problem, he had no eBay account and he wasn't going to cooperate with anything. Needless to say, I left.

Two years ago, I remade an account and was quickly shut down for being "linked". I sought out information and groups dedicated to these same horror stories, how eBay's TOS and general mantra had changed over the years and did not support us at all. I also found how to get back to the 'Bay without being linked. So I started yet another account. Everything was fine, and this was primarily a buying account.

Then the giant PayPal debacle of last year began where they were holding funds and freezing accounts of "unproven" sellers and providing no way to communicate via phone. I was frustrated to literal tears that money I needed at the time was frozen for weeks and they could care less. Once again I swore off the whole process.

Then I realized that my perspective may be wrong and looked at the whole thing from a different angle. I began re-Baying (again), but this time let PayPal have their way with me like most people were afraid of or refused to. And months later, I couldn't be happier. I am again a power-seller with 100% feedback, perfect 4.9 DSR's across the board and working on selling 500 items in 3 months, with less than 4 total problems. And those problems were pretty easily fixed. PayPal doesn't think about holding my money now, and in fact I leave it there for their very nice Money Market account system. I see as a bulk item seller the dichotomy or both sides of the coin for people having been there, but it is really nice on the other side. I HATE zero feedbacks that bid, and have had 5 items be not paid for by zero FBs, 2 by less than 25 and a few by people in the 70's. I just file and move on. I had one leave negative FB and simply contacted eBay nicely and informed them that the item was not paid for and copied the emails. It was removed and the account was suspended. Sticking around in the weeds long enough can really be benefit you.

Sorry for the long rant.

10. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for thatDJ, it was quite informative. No need to apologise. :) 

Just a couple of queries - did you start a new paypal account and is it linked to your ebay account? I still need ebay to buy stuff even if I won't be selling any more.

Locustreign - I've now bought a new domain (I want to use TFUniverse.com for something else) and hopefully will have a new online shop up before the end of the month with my remaining stock.

11. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    Ebay sucks now, I hope there stock keeps going to the shit house. They want to be Amazon when its all the mom n pops that made them. I wish Bill Gates or some other rich prick would start a site to blow them out of the water.

12. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    If you've ever got a negative from an idiot, then it should be pretty easy to get removed. Ebay does have a process in place for doing just that. If the negative feedback was "for no good reason" then you can easily make it go away.

13. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I used to think that was true, but it's not always so black and white. For example i got a negative during the initial suspension period for an item that the buyer said had not arrived, despite the fact that the tracking showed that the post office had tried to deliver the item. Ebay sided with the buyer.

14. TheSpacebridge

TheSpacebridge The Spacebridge TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I tried, ebay said it was my fault for not saying it doesn;t come with something not mentioned or pictured (seriously)

So I could get a negative if I don;t ship a Ferrari with a toy as I never mentioned it WASN'T included did I?!?!

I got an email just today from a person looking at one of my auctions, they had over 200 feedback, his question was "What does loose complete mean?"

Thats the mentality you are faced with on ebay!

Hitch