Its finally happened....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by trex5000, Apr 13, 2010.

1. trex5000

trex5000 Autobot

Ebay:
    I have to put some tf's in storage, i have ran out of room to display, I honestly didn't think I would get to this point...i was bent on only getting certain figures, now i have ones i would never have gotten, but because of sales ect, im now getting overloaded, and still a couple are coming in the mail, and i dont even have the ones i REALLY want yet...wow.

2. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    what you mean?

3. simplygriff

simplygriff µ - Elitist Dick

News Credits:
    Um... Sell what you don't want.
    -G

4. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    I felt the same way, that I would never get to the point where I actually had too many toys to fit my space, a little while ago. Now I'm seriously running out of room too. Once the next few toylines come around, I'll be real crowded. And really, there's less than ten figures that I'd want to sell.

Maybe get some bigger shelves?

5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Dude, simply because there are sales doesn't mean you have to buy figures through it as a result. Staying dedicated to only buying what you like, sale or no sale, will do you and your (probably filing for a restraining order) wallet good.

6. OptimusTron97

OptimusTron97 I like the red water

OOOHHHH. I have a great plan.

GO sell all the TFS you don't want, use the money you get to build shelves, and then you will have more space to store your figu.... oh. that backfired.

OOH. Go beg the people that bought your toys to give them back.

No just joking. I say sell the ones you don't like because well, I don't really think you like all the toys you bought.
    *cough* mixmaster *cough*

7. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Dude, I have like 1200 tfs. Do you think I have room to display them all? LOL Heck no! Just rotate the toys on display.

8. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thank goodness for rubbermaid and tupperware bins...and attics :) 

9. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I TOTALLY get what the OP is saying. I'm in a similar situation.

Need to be careful not to come across as churlish, but I have a whole room devoted to my TFs and that is rapidly becoming nowhere near enough - at least if I want to display them all boxed, which I do. If I haven't got the room to display them boxed I certainly won't have the room for boxed AND loose.

But I refuse to put any of them in storage (most of them spent far too long in cupboard and cardboard boxes already before I moved to the bigger house and now they deserve to be running wild and free!).

The problem is, I like to think of myself as a completist, but the cost of keeping this philosophy going and the sheer space required to maintain several full lines is really making me rethink my strategy.

Thing is, I don't think i can really face selling any of my collection off. I mean, I own figures I don't really care about and/or will never open as they are nothing more than pointless repaints (how many Bumblebees???) but because they are part of a particular line, there is a voice at the back of my mind telling me to keep them all or I'll be sorry.

Apologies, didn't mean to hijack the thread, I just sympathise with trex5000 and unfortunately, can only offer empathy rather than solutions.

Anyone else?

10. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    First, stop buying figures you don't want just because they are on sale. Remember you control the hobby, don't let the hobby control you.

Second, if there are figures you don't like sell or trade them for something you want.

Third, there is nothing wrong with storing some of your collection. The large rubbermaid bins are great for storing your collection and protect it from water, dust, bugs, etc.

11. trex5000

trex5000 Autobot

Ebay:
    ya well its not so much that i dont like most of the toys i didn't plan to get, its just, (similar to automorph) i have them i might aswell just keep them...im more just surprised that i ended up getting as many as i have...hmm, maybe i will look to selling some..

12. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    This is all great advice, OP. I had to do the third thing a couple years ago. Now my closets are full.

13. MisfitRobot

MisfitRobot Robot Fighter

News Credits:
    I know where you're coming from I'm actually looking into expanding my shelving just so I can display more. I omit I have blot a few because they were on sale.

So I guess I'm trying to say I think we all feel our collection has got out of hand at some point. but if it makes you happy there really no price you can put on that.

14. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They build in numbers pretty quickly eh?

15. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

I'm getting close, myself. Each time I thought I would be rather full or crowded, I'd take everyone down and dust the shelves. After putting everyone back up, I had tons of room!

That's not happening anymore. Still have some space here and there, but it's going to shrink much more quickly. I've pretty much removed those that I don't want and sold them off, so I'm in that position where the ones I have are the ones I want.

Hopefully you've got enough that you don't really care for that can be sold off to someone else.

16. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    I felt the same way, that's why I sold/am selling a lot of my TF stuff, many of which are impulse buys like the Bruticus and Superion gift sets.

17. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I'm right there with trex. Too many figures, not enough display room. But on the plus side, I feel like I'm getting to a good slowdown point where I have the figures I want, and I don't have to go overboard with more. Still, I have a ton of stuff I'd love to display that I've had to put in boxes to keep it under control. Glad I don't do a ton of repaints.

18. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I have alot of tf's and I let sales and etc decide my buys from time to time. But I really don't have one tf that I want or would want to get rid of. Every tf I have has grown on me if I didn't like it at first. I just rotated some stuff thisd weekend that are on display. I took off the Animated stuff to make room for a constructicon shelf.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Ugh. I DREAD this day. And the day will come, and come soon for me.

Oddly, my TFs are actually, for once in fifteen years, being pushed out by NON-TFs.

WOAH BACKWARDS LAND.

20. TehPaws

TehPaws I have a silly name!

I only have around 170 or so TFs, and I still don't have room for them right now. I need shelves. >_> And a larger apartment. :D 

And yet I'm still buying things. What is wrong with me? O_O