Minor/Repaint: It's been done before- Black G1/2 Sideswipe.

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Anthony _aggro, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Anthony _aggro

Anthony _aggro Platypus prime

Ebay:
    I saw a black Decepticon Sideswipe made from G1 and G2 parts a while back on Ebay and thought, hmm.. I want that. I was outbid, so I did the next best, actually better, thing and made my own. I was going to call him "Crossroads", but then I saw the TFA human villain with the same name, so I need to come up with another one. I like Shadowfall, but that again is too common.

I searched the forum and Saw Kupps black sideswipe and wonder how he was able to get the pin out of the G2 canopy without breaking it. If anyone knows, that would be great because I had to leave that part red after fussing with it for a couple of hours trying not to break it. I even managed to switch out the black and red parts on the feet as well, but I could not get the pin out of the G2 figue for the life of me. I got it out of the G1 fig and was ready for the switch, but at the end, I had to leave it.

I had some stickers on it, but decided that I like it plain black with just the Con emblem and took the rest off. I need to go over the red bumper with another coat of ink. I used "Daler and Rowney" brand black acrylic ink to paint over it to dull out the red as well as paint over the G2 waist "Autobot" plate.. It is a very thin layer and does not seem to rub off.

Now I finally have my Decepticon Sideswipe and I like him!

Attached Files:

2. Andrew28b

Andrew28b Nemesis custom

nice!

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This custom really takes me back to the oldskool days of Radicons! I always loved the reprolabels set Delta offered back then. I think the Decepticon symbol you used for the hood is a bit large, but your work otherwise looks nice. Great job :thumb 

4. Anthony _aggro

Ebay:

Thank you,
    I like the large emblem. It reminds me of some of the Local street racers that used to be around San Jose, who had huge Autobot logos on their hoods like that. This is my first finished custom. I still have not finished the Soundwave I started a while back.

I now also have a fully red Sideswipe from the leftover parts, except that one of the side windows is broken off, because it was a junker. I want to make the back to the Future Delorian out if it.

5. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

You can't use my name, I forbid it!!!!!!! :mad 
    anyway looks good, the Black looks good on that mold, I have seen him
    before and I always liked the Black on the Lamborghini, so the Evil Swipe
    concept was interesting to me, and your looks good, but yeah the red
    detracts from the look, fixing that would rate well, the only thing I don't
    like is the size of the Con symbol, other wise...:thumbs2: 

6. Anthony _aggro

Ebay:
    I didn't even think about usernames as Shadowfall, but now that I know, I will not use that name. I am still at ends. Maybe I will use the name of a fan character I made a long time ago, which also ended up being another TF, well nubulan, name: Sinj (pronounced Singe). The character was a black shuttle that transformed into a similar robot mode and would also turn into two vehicle modes, one like Sideswipe and the other a motorcycle similar to Afterburner. I never rerally could make up my mind on that one, but he was not a Decepticon, but a neutral that left Cybertron in search of the Underbase and never chose sides.

Oh, I just painted the insides of the windows black so that the red will not show. I'll post pics when it is dry.

7. Anthony _aggro

Ebay:
    I painted the windows black on the inside.

Attached Files: