It's been a long time...

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Hard Charger, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Hard Charger

Hard Charger Active Member

[​IMG]

Yeah, that's an old picture and I'm sure the t-shirt helps authenticate the time period.

Any way, Botcon 2012 will be my return to a Transformer-centric convention in some time. I've been to a few comic conventions but I am truly excited over this.

Since I now have a wife and daughter coming with me, this will make for a different experience. Truth be told, my daughter loves Transformers! She's watched G1, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, Animated, Prime, and the recently released Japanese Collection(though she can't read the subtitles quickly enough, she loves them nonetheless). The voice actors coming to this years convention alone will probably blow her mind!

My wife is being very supportive, though she's not entirely sure what she's going to do a good chunk of the time. We do plan on at least on trip to The Flying Saucer(highly recommended, beer lovers!) She also just surprised my by ordering TF: Prime on Blu-Ray!

And I realize I don't post here much, my work demands most of my waking and non-waking hours, but I listen to the WTF@TFW podcast and now that I have more of a budget, am able to collect a lot more than I used to. There's a lot at the convention I'd like to find, panels I'd like to see, and hoping to meet some nice people.

Thanks for reading, and I hope to see a lot of you there!

2. transformers32

transformers32 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good story man. This will be my 5th in a row and i still love them. It is awesome that your family (well atleast your daughter loves transformers). My neice who is 5 loves them also. I have bought her a couple of the rescue bots and she loves them. I hope you get to do all the stuff you want to do and have a great time. Most of the people there are nice nerds...:) 

3. Hard Charger

Hard Charger Active Member

I got my nephew into them when he was younger, the Beast Wars era but I don't think he's into it now. He just started college. My wife likes the shows well enough but she has other hobbies.

I hope the convention is good, I just feel a but out of the loop on this stuff. Meeting other fans, that is.

4. transformers32

transformers32 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh you wont have a problem with that, waiting in lines and stuff you will get to meet all diffrent kinds of people. Some are annoying but overall they are a great bunch of people to talk about transformers.