It's back AFA 85 menasor

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by cromagnus, Nov 28, 2008.

1. cromagnus

cromagnus B-boy rumble

2. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

$6500 for that???? I remember seeing a grand auction on eBay that had every single G1 Transformer from 1984-1987 (including Menasor) that was still MISB and it barely went over $6500.

It's amazing how people value their AFA graded items sometimes.

3. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

But,but...They ARE AFA graded!

4. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    I doubt this you say. Because if all were misb that means all cars, jets, minibots, combiners even Megatron and Menasor and everything else would NEVER go so low if they were Misb. They would not go so low even if they were all mib with bubbles and parts.

Menasor is the most hard to get giftset misb...maybee not worth that a but a misb Megatorn and Menasor alone would reach 4000-5000$

5. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

I would pay up to 10k for a G1 complete MISB collection, no more than that.

6. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    and you would not get it for 10k you , wouldent even be close.
    (with about avrage normal boxes prices would be about this)

Menasor a few grand(giftset)
    Megatorn likewise
    Ops a grand roughly.
    Shockwave around a grand
    Piranacon 1500 or more, could reach over 2 grand (talking giftset here)
    Computron a bit over a grand at least. (giftset)
    Scourge TM , dont even dare to make a guess.
    Fort Max , dont evend are to make guess.

Should I go on.

G1 misb is epxpensiv as hell and for 10k you would not go far. you would not even get all 18 cars or or just barely ( not counting kup,hot rod and blurr.)

7. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    If I could manage to get a complete G.1 colllection for 10K misb I would say no, but I also know it's total utopia.
    I don't go buying G.1 any longer. They're to expensive and by the end of the day they're still toys. Sometimes I think it's scary that many TF's are even more expensive than real antiques with a real story and cultural value behind them.

8. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    A complete MISB Transformers collection in mint condition would probably cost you about $100,000, maybe more. $10,000 won't get you much.

I'd submit an offer for this if it were actually sealed... :-/

9. Killa-B-Killed

Killa-B-Killed Material Handler

The serial number is the same as the Menasor owned by Curt Fignar, (TFsource). His collection pics are no longer up, but I have some saved.

I can definitely say that is not the same toy.

I wouldn't pay over $300.00 for this Menasor.

BTW...U.S. Defensor is the rarest giftset to find misb, with Computron + Menasor tied for second.

10. cromagnus

cromagnus B-boy rumble

Yea misb Computrons are hard to come by:thumbs2: 
    Thanks killa-b-killed for your input, I was hoping you would come out of hibernation for this thread. So if the serial number matches TFsource's piece, and this is not his piece then it would be safe to assume this is a fake.
    it is pretty safe to assume that someone is probably faking AFA cases and their stickers at this point. An AFA label is pretty easy to copy, and a quick search of sticker printers proves that their "holographic" sticker would be fairly easy and cheap to duplicate. It only takes a handful of tools to make an acrylic case. I'd love to find out who's responsible and take them and their cronies and post their names on every collecting site that exists.
    Come to think of it killa , I've never seen a sealed american release defensor.

11. Killa-B-Killed

Killa-B-Killed Material Handler

Whats up cromagnus!!!
    I have been working a ton lately, thanks to the economic situation in the Detroit area.

I agree this piece is a fake. As to the originator/fabricator behind it, i am still unsure. Either the Seller was scammed by another source, or he has an acrylic setup himself. I am aware of an Omega Supreme AFA 80 that originated from the same Seller, that has equally shady characteristics.

If you want copies of the pics that prove this Menasor is a fake, drop me a pm with your email.

U.S. Defensor is a rare piece. I have heard of one, but never seen pics.

Fake AFA'd pieces = Scary
    Only deal with reputable sellers/dealers!!!!

12. megatron187

megatron187 Well-Known Member

If you look at his feedback he has sold quit a few AFA graded transformers figures and gotten great feedback so it might be legit, but $6000 no way this guy is very greedy!!!!!

megatron187

13. talip

talip Active Member

I agree, if this was legit and actually sealed on both sides, I would have clicked on buy it now in a heart beat.. $6,500 would be a steal for a legit sealed AFA 85 Menasor..

MISB G1 US Giftsets are the Pinnacle of vintage Transformers..I have been keeping track of legit MISB of the Big Four since the late 90's..Here is the information I have gathered..

Defensor..I know of 2 legit MISB..The least popular but has the least known MISB out the four..

Menasor..I know of 3 legit MISB..two have been graded AFA 85's....

Computron..I know of 3 legit MISB..Including the 2 AFA 80's..This is the second most expensive US Giftset..

Piranacon..I know of 4 legit MISB..All four have been graded by AFA..2 85's and 2 80's...I own one of the 85's (85/90/90) and after having a nice discussion with several other elite collectors, a MISB and or a MIB Unsused Piranacon commands the most premium...

14. talip

talip Active Member

sent you a pm...

I also thought this was legit for a few reasons...but if the serial # is the same as Curt's Menasor, then something is not right and it's likely not legit..

15. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    its also got that CE sticker on it, which makes me think its a hong kong special.

16. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

Reported

:thumb 

Gee isn't it funny that it get's reported then he ends the auction early.....:sly2: 

17. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    I'll email Curt and ask if he still has his, just to double-check...

There are no 1990's Chinese gift sets. It's just an import sticker.

Edit--Guys, that's 203moco. He's not a scammer...

18. Da_Last_2_Walk

Da_Last_2_Walk Da King Of Pre Rubs TFW2005 Supporter

I know the seller of this piece, it's my boy 203moco. I do not think he is behind the scam.

I know he got the Menasor from atleast85 in China.

Yo Killa, give Da King a call, when you get a chance.

19. talip

talip Active Member

That's one of the reasons why I thought this was legit, 203moco is a legit seller... but because of the low asking price and the fact that the serial #is the same as Curts Menasor..something is shady about this whole thing..

I was going to e-mail Curt to, but I know he still has his, plus his doesn't have a price sticker and is completely sealed on both sides..I doubt he would ever sell it..He rejected a very generous offer from me, an offer that still stands..So if he decided to sell it, i'm sure he would have contacted me :) 

20. talip

talip Active Member

That's one of the other reasons that I thought this was legit..203moco is a legit seller and atleast85 is a legit collector(that I know of)..I know Curt still has his, that's whats not making sense..I was under the impression that atleas85 bought this for a good chunk of $..and now it's being sold well below what a legit AFA 85 Menasor would normally sell for or is worth..