It's always the expensive ones...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by rattraprules98, Jan 5, 2012.

1. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    This is a place to tell your stories of unfortunate occurances with expensive figures.

Tonight, I was reviewing the FP Insecticons. I get near the end of my last review, Backfiery, and I sit down after getting up to grab Thundershred off the shelf. I guess when I sat down, I bumped my desk and caused DOTM Megatron, Murderbee, Shockwave, and HA Whirl to come crashing down on these two amazing figures. I start picking up figures and parts trying to see if anything is broken. After hunting for one of Thundershreds blades, I suspect that there is no damage. Then, I bumped the storage peg on the center piece that the blades connect to to form the Fumma Shuriken and it falls right off... No problem. A dab of ZAP-A-GAP and it's all good. Then, I discover that one of Backfiery's kunai is missing. Son of a... I start tearing the room apart trying to find it. I eventually find it under EVERYTHING on my desk. After putting it back on Backfiery, I just took a nap. So, a night spent not-so-well...

Your stories?

2. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

All of the clear blue paint faded off of my RiD Ultra Magnus' chromed grill, in splotches, despite never being in direct sunlight.

The good news: I ordered a God Magnus to replace him. I paid $60 for a Sonokong one, and received an original Takara one in the mail instead :D 

3. Snaptrap

Snaptrap Field Commander

Once, I was reorganising the top shelf of my Transformers. Something catches, a bunch are knocked over, but are fine, on the shelf. My FansProject Bruticus, Generations Dirge, and Music Label Soundwave begin to fall. In that instance, time seems to slow down for me. If a fly were present, I’d clearly see the beating of its wings. I only had two hands, so first I went for the Bruticus, cradling him against my forearm, and reached out for Soundwave. What’s most bizarre about the whole ordeal is I distinctly remember my inner monologue saying, “Shit, I’m sorry Dirge”. Bruticus and Soundwave were fine. The toys that were on the shelf were fine. Dirge broke his hip. It was actually a horrible break. I could have superglued it back, but every time he transformed, it would be put pressure on that join. If I had the tools to, and knew how to ‘pin’ it, that would have worked, but for the cost, it was just easier to buy another one. Now that Dirge is the first in my scrap pile, to be used for parts, or customisation at some later date.

4. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    This isn't a transformer story (well, it sort of is), but like an hour after finishing a kick ass lego technic robot, I sat down to use my laptop... and ended up breaking one of the engines (the plastic shaft part that sticks out). :( :( 

I remember my dad going to TRU & getting told that it'd cost 60 bucks or something to have that motor replaced, and since they didn't have anything cheap with just an engine & small shit, we tried to fix it, but it was never the same since.

5. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

My little sister tearing the arm, completely and irrepairably, off Optimus Prime back in '86 trying to transform it.

The horror.

6. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Ugh, I never have anything happen to the expensive stuff (luckily), but I tell you, you so much as breath within 10 feet of a Star Wars the Clone Wars figure and every single one on the shelf comes down. Then knocking down everything below it. So thanks to them I have to pick everything up off the floor at least twice a week :lol 

7. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Nothing horrifying to the expensive stuff on this end... However, leader class Sentinel Prime fucking hates me. With his ankles ever so unsteady, I had him posed in a pretty neat stance... Well he's on the top shelf with my MP Rodimus, Ultimate Optimus, animated Rodimus & classics Rodimus/protector. I had just transformed MP Rodimus & protector back into the vehicle modes and the front part of MP Roddy bumps animated Roddy (which is also in vehicle mode, which in turn moves a hair and makes the slightest molecular contact with Sentinel, he starts to fall. This is approximately when I entered into a timeshift; my TFP toys were in his landing area... Having no remorse for my easily replaceable Sentinel, I swiped him out of the way (after he hit RTS Tracks' wing causing damn near half of my classics Autobot shelf to fall over, luckily not on the ground) but somehow in the process of falling, his sword managed to fire one of animated Roddy's missiles off somewhere into the unknown void of shipping boxes full of packing stuff & Marvel Universe figs... Now my animated Rosimus looks stupid with just one missile... And I'm still looking :( 

Still to note after Sentinel fell some 6.5 feet from the ground AND after swiping him away... Nothing popped off of him.

8. FigNewton

FigNewton Well-Known Member

My original Optimus sits with a missing leg under similar circumstances. :( 

9. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    my mom broke the arm off my original jetfire on christmas morning in 1986 because it was "too complicated" for a 5 year old... she let me transform my TFs after that

10. Arkvander

Arkvander Optimal Optimist

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    When my TF room flooded from a water heater explosion in the room beside it I had to remove all of my figures for the cleaning people to come in and dry the floors (the carpet was not salvageable). During all the moving my G1 Pyro fell from one of my top shelves onto the concrete below, shattering into a million tiny gold plastic pieces. It was quite traumatic.

11. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    Recently, a lot of my movie toys from ROTF has started to break in the worse places, particularly clips and pegs that hold the toy together in both robot and vehicle mode. Up until recently, there hasn't been anything drastic. The toys still transform and hold together alright in each form.

Now, I discover my Sideways is nearing the point where I can no longer transform him back and forth because doing so will cause certain parts of him to snap. The spot in question are the door windows that go up like wings similar to movie Barricade. The clip that holds that in is showing signs of cracking, and has been for some time, but is only now start to cause worry.

I post this because it'd be quite difficult to get a replacement that is brand new and able to transform as much as I'd like.

12. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

Somehow Classics Skywarp's missile has decided to disappear. Probably never find it.

13. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

Well, Defender's left upper arm is cracked down the middle on the side, the part the shoulder is attached to (lets the arm shift forward for armored car mode) is cracked on one side, and one of the pegs that secures the tail halves to the outside of the lower leg has broken off inside the slot. TM2 Megatron's lower hip hinges have begun cracking, so now he stays in dragon mode. And Energon Optimus' left windshield hinge bits have cracked, along with the bottom friction hinge piece on the left windshield panel itself. I don't know why this has happened on any of these.

14. GPTF01

GPTF01 Well-Known Member

RiD primes gun has gotten lost in the great move same with silverbolt of the magnaboss beast wars combiner

15. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

I took out a loan to buy a MIB UNUSED UNAPPLIED BLACK ZARAK, but when I opened him and started playing I broke the shield :( 

Oh wait, that was somebody else

16. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was fixing up my MP-10, and I managed to lose, unaware, a spring and tab that lock the arm in place when it's extended.

Then I did some vacuuming.

A few hours later, I realized what happened, and had to rummage through the vacuum bag for a good 30 minutes with a painter's mask to find the missing parts. That sucked.

17. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ??? loan... zarack... broken... please provide a link to this!

18. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh, so precious. :lol 

19. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Hahahah, great ending to that short story, and it reminds me of a thread on another forum where some guy got smashed for pages because he said something about taking out a loan to buy Yugioh cards.

... and yeah, they were expensive ones. :) 

20. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Had MP-03 Starscream [green version] ever since release, transformed him a lot and neatly stored him away. A month ago I transform him again, and as I get him back to plane mode for storage, CRACK, one of the wing root joints crack. @&uy&yt**#

Can't recall other bad luck with expensive [as in higher retail price] figures. All my other MP's, even MP09 Rodimus, were actually fine.