"It's about what FAIR!!"

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Splintershot, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Splintershot

Splintershot Predacon?? ... Awesome

Has anyone noticed that whenever Optimus Prime fights, he isn't completely fair (and not to mention way too brutal)? I find that kinda disappointing. He is a Cybertronian guardian, that I like to believe dreads the violence of the war. Couldn't the least he do is give a fair fight? I know the Decepticons must be defeated no matter the cost, but what he's doing is just cold and simple overkill. For instance:

ROTF: He simply shot Scavenger in the head ("Never start with the head, the victim gets all fuzzy."). I know he killed hundreds of people, but it was just such an abrupt execution. (In fact, the whole 'hunt for the Decepticons' situation sorta felt like genocide). Plus, the 'give me your face' fight was a bit of an overkill.

DOTM: A lot to point out here. First, he viciously kills off countless drones in his god mode without really giving anyone a real fighting chance. Then, while Shockwave is blinded by a parachute (*facepalm*), he ripped his eye out (or vocal chord or something). Next, Megatron called a truce and naturally OP didn't take it (good call), but instead charged him -while off guard- and hastily tore his head off (o_O ). He could have at least given the fight real closure! Finally, Sentinel also asked for a truce (sort of) while he is down, and OP grabbed a gun and shot him in the head (deja vu anyone?).

So overall as cool and epic as his fights were, they were a tad too quick and unfair. Any agrees?

2. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Are you gonna be nice to anybody that try to kil you? Esp, someone you trusted?

3. Splintershot

Well, that's true. But c'mon, don't you think OP should have had at least some noble fights? It just didn't seem like him not to.

4. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't mind it. Only thing that's weird for me is how he says stuff like "give me your face" and "you die here."

I actually kinda hate it when the hero tries too hard to give a "fair fight" to the villain and then the hero ends up losing. See: Prime Arcee in Partners.

5. decepticon2020

decepticon2020 Best there is @ what I do

I agree and disagree at the same time.

Optimus Prime wouldn't do those things, yes, but this is movie Optimus Prime, not G1 Prime. Michael Bay decided to make him like that to get money because people like action. On the other hand, would you:

Let the Decepticon drones live and destroy more of Chicago?
    Let both of your mortal enemies live?
    Let a powerful Prime that betrayed you and is capable of anything live?

The Decepticons had to be stopped, and they chose the hard way.

6. BluRayHiDef

BluRayHiDef Well-Known Member

C'mon man, it's a war.

7. exclusacon

News Credits:
    I mean, he let Megs live for a couple movies now....i mean you cant be nice to your enemy at all or you lose....Drones, Shockwave, Megs, Sentinel a try to kill him....and he had enough!

8. exclusacon

News Credits:
    One other thing p, decepts dont play fair....

9. EmbraceThePurpl

EmbraceThePurpl Purple Dinosaur

Personaly i think he could have been less brutal....but what are you gonna do? This is movie prime, not exactly a character you could call noble, i have no allusions that hes honorable. Thats just the way he is

10. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I wonder what the hell people think "no matter the cost" means to them.

11. Splintershot

*sigh* this makes me sad 'cause it's so true.

12. BluRayHiDef

He is honorable. He's selfless and respects the right to freedom of all sentient life. Remember when he was willing to kill himself in order to destroy the cube and prevent Megatron from using it to wreak havoc on Earth? Remember when he took on three Decepticons at once in order to protect Sam's life? Not being merciful to his enemies doesn't make him less honorable, it makes him wise. It would be foolish to show mercy to the ones who are trying to kill you, your comrades, and innocent Humans. As someone else said on these boards, Mercy to a tyrant is cruelty to the innocent. The Decepticons are the bad guys; they don't deserve mercy. Was Megatron merciful when he killed Jazz? Was he Merciful when he snuck up behind Optimus and killed him by literally stabbing him through the back? Was Sentinel merciful when he killed Ironhide? No. Hence, the Decepticons and Sentinel Prime didn't deserve mercy; they deserved exactly what they got: Death. Besides, in a way, you could say that Optimus was merciful by killing them quickly and painlessly. Perhaps that's why he goes for the head, to end consciousness quickly and spare them of unnecessary pain and suffering.

13. Igniting_Prime

Igniting_Prime Igniting The Battle

News Credits:
    Basically this is what you are saying just with another example:
    When the U.S. Navy SEALS went to infiltrate Bin Laden's hideout and kill him, instead they should of told Bin Laden "Hey listen, we are going to storm in here in a few minutes and try to capture or kill you. Sound good to you? Just wanted to prepare you so it's fair."

So I would assume you agree with this too right?

14. 13 Primes

13 Primes Well-Known Member

Thank You!!!!I Agree 1000000000000000000000%
    You wrote Everything I wanted to write I couldn't have said it better
    Optimus Prime is honorable :thumbs2: 

15. BluRayHiDef

You're welcome :)  Seriously, I don't see why people give movie-Prime so much flack. He's the only version of Prime who's actually defeated the Decepticons (as far as I know).

16. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    The Decepticons had their chance for forgiveness time and again, be it the Cybertronian war or the conflict on Earth. They finally blew it clear not when they invaded earth, but when they shot down the Autobot's shuttle and then immediately started turning innocent, defenseless human beings into piles of skulls. At this point, Prime knew that no matter how many chances and opportunities he gave the Decepticons to stop and end the war peacefully, they would never change their evil ways. Killing fellow Autobots along the way only added insult to injury and further cemented Prime's decision that the Decepticons had to go down. Permanently. As Prime said upon entering the city and witnessing such carnage, "we will kill them all"...and let Primus sort it out.

As for Scavenger, his little rampage through China, crushing human-occupied cars, smashing human-occupied buildings, and making the 5-o'clock news pretty much threw out his get out of "Give Me Your Face" jail free card. He got what was coming to him.

If Decepticons threaten, harm, or destroy Human, animal, Autobot, or any sentient life then they're on Prime's shit list, no question.

^This wins the thread.

17. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I really don't know about this.

I'll give you Bonecrusher. Prime offed him in a very precise and swift manner. He gave the guy a clean death; a soldier's death. Absolutely no issue with that there. But I might beg to differ with Grindor, the Fallen and Megatron.

18. OptimusPancake

OptimusPancake Prime's Breakfest Chef

Prime just had a ton of anger built up. In Chicago, he let it all out

19. 13DINO

13DINO Derpasaurus

News Credits:
    Did G1 Prime give a fair fight when he rampaged and ran over most of the 'Con's army in the G1 Movie? Not really.....

20. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    He didn't rip them to pieces or anything like that, though. He took them out very dispassionately, each with little more than a single shot. Like it was nothing more than a job to be done. Apart from one or two guys whom he ran over, I doubt any of them felt any pain.