It'll pretty much be a re-boot

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by bellpeppers, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Igniting_Prime

Igniting_Prime Igniting The Battle

News Credits:
    Yeah they considered it like a "requel" very much what the new Ghost rider movie will be as well.

2. Igniting_Prime

News Credits:
    btw I can't tell you how insane I am going over seeing that ridiculous face on that weird al sig lol it's driving me crazy I see that sig everywhere! lol

3. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I see a huge problem with the reboot route. I fear that in order to start a new continuity, that the producers will make another origin story that will be very similar to the 2007 movie. Look at The Amazing Spiderman, it sounds like the first half of that movie will be very similar to the 2002 movie. The origin story reboot worked in Batman Begins because we only got a few flashbacks to Batman's past in the Burton films. If they skip the origin story about the Transformers coming to Earth, there is a chance that the general audience will be confused. Also, the origin story explains the concepts of things in that continuity and shows us right off the bat what is different. If it's a reboot, then it has to give us an origin while also has to be different from what we've seen already.

4. BLK-OUT 4500X

BLK-OUT 4500X Well-Known Member

NO REBOOT THANKS . I got way to much money spend on this movie so far and I"M not going to start over . I want things to stay the same so I can add more to my collection I don't want to start over .

5. Inner-Demon

Inner-Demon Instrument Of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Handle):
    What's the biggest pull here is in the details;

The Transformers burial grounds; I mean, really, how many more bots can they bury in the earth, beyond that, is it even environmental? Al Gore must have something to say on robot dumping (I expect someone to turn this into a poop joke).

Sales!!! We've gone three films with the same aesthetic and designs, how much longer can Hasbro keep this train moving and releasing the same toys over and over? It's like Bionicle back in the day, eventually, they'll have to reformat with some transwarp explosion, or reboot. I vote for the latter. As we don't have a second moon to spare.

Personally, I never found the designs pleasing, they never tickled my alien fancy, or robot one for that matter, yes I do have two fancies, ladies. I felt like the Transformers were a vomit of justice, bolts and gears, without any sanity. What, is ROTF Devastator the shit-father of all TF's. I would prefer something a little more coherent, and not as Bayified (this is debatable on how responsible Bay is. And I assume alot. He was the director so he must've gone through the approval channels)

Michael Bay is ignorant and egotistical. At least he seems so. He seemed to be so against making a toy movie, that he went out of his way to prove he was masculine and ballsy enough to take a CHILDREN'S property and make it edgy. Please, give me the Rugrats you fucktard.

I am a fan of cinema, of proper, GOOD cinema, not something that is so obviously bad and knows it. A good film does not have to be ******ed, as its audience is not ******ed. Even if they were mentally slow, they're still far more capable of understanding than Michael Bay.

His direction is sloppy, his style lacks all substance, his action bores for god's sake! How is that even possible?

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Going back over the origin doesn't have to take up much of the film. Even though the last Superman movie did so much wrong it really didn't spend much time going over baby Superman found in Kansas and discovers his powers as he grows up.

Or skipping some back story for a bit of mystery doesn't hurt. Transformers Prime doesn't really cover how the Autobots or Decepticons got to Earth. A smart writer could get some mileage out of an idea of how long have they been hidden among us.

Or perhaps a reboot will have a more interesting story of how the Transformers came to Earth. Transformers Animated managed to have a different origin story than G1 so it's not like Transformers origin stories are written in stone.

7. decepticon2020

decepticon2020 Best there is @ what I do

Even if it's a reboot, I want Steve Jablonsky do keep making the scores. His music is way to epic to be replaced by another composer's music. Plus his music is the second reason why the action sequences in the trilogy were so good.

8. Krueger

Krueger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think that, essentially, the reboot is the new version of the remake. Its not a complete remake, a reboot is more of a loose remake, something that takes the general idea and then runs with it. I see a good example of an old remake that’s actually what we now call a reboot as being the "remake" of The Fly. That was probably the very first reboot; it’s just that no one knew it at the time because the word didn't exist yet.

The first film, unless I’m mistaken, that bought into existence the word “reboot” is actually Batman Begins. Basically, you take the idea and then run away with it, making it your own.

Now I’ve just confused myself. :confused: 

9. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

And thats the problem with the definition your useing.If the story keeps the history, then its not a true reboot.

The problem here stems from the industry taking a term that was used to describe an "in story" change and useing it to describe the actions of a relaunch.

The Etymology of the term originates from its use in computer science. After a computer is rebooted, nothing (except non-volatile storage, such as on a disk drive) of the computer's previous operating session has any bearing on its new session.

Reboot means to start over with out the history attached.

Star Trek serves as a "reboot", but since its depended on the older history/series its not a true reboot.

10. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    Fixed...and no...and I MEAN NO ONE!!!!....dis's the Al...NO ONE!!!!:mad ....and a banner of DOTM...that's all you could think of?......I don't even think you read to full Sig...just looking at his wonderful face.:mad 

11. Igniting_Prime

News Credits:
    What is your problem? I simply said that face is just popping up every where, never said it was bad...no need for you to go and bash me as uncreative...
    I'm not surprised though...all your comments are negative bashing troll remarks to anyone on the board. Don't think you are getting any points cause you aren't.
    p.s. For the love of humanity learn some simple grammar...

12. Dinodigger97

News Credits:

Deeply Sorry...do want me to stop posting a lot?Or to chang sig...?

13. Igniting_Prime

News Credits:
    No it's fine. I just thought it was funny seeing his face pop up everywhere that was all. Never said there was anything wrong with the sig itself.

14. Dinodigger97

News Credits:
    Ok...my bad.....Friends?:) 

15. Igniting_Prime

News Credits:
    We're cool don't hurt yourself

16. Dinodigger97

News Credits:
    YAY!!!....But....Um...ME NO EMO!!::p 

17. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    This. I mean, I'm all for new toys, but I just don't know how much my wallet could take! :lol 

18. r6680jc

r6680jc Well-Known Member

Everytime I see your post, It always makes me think that the face in your sig is your face bro.

19. Dinodigger97

News Credits:
    You think I'm the awesome man that is Weird Al Yankovic?Wow...wow..wow....I'm sorry but I'm not(I wish I was though.:p )...but I am a HUGE fan of the Al...And I stongly state that you look him up...he is frickin' funny...and a very nice man....but...WOW!!:lol 

20. r6680jc

r6680jc Well-Known Member

I know you're not him, but seeing your sig while reading your post makes my brain think that he is you, (not you are him).