It wasn't Starscream(Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by bushboy, Jul 5, 2007.

1. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I like to think it was Starscream cause it gives his character more of a personality that his two freaking lines in the movie.

2. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    The Prequel book, and graphic novel sets that up. And you can tell in Screamer's mannerisms he's not happy about Megatron being back, or the numerous blatant statements in the game, or S7 viral marketing campaign. While yes those were for fans, they were also made for anyone who became curious thanks to the movie. While they aren't canon, they do give you an idea of what the script was going to be like several revisions ago. The Movie book itself feels like it was at least a 3-4 revisions back, but it still holds the Starscream wants to lead trend. The ACTUAL movie has a lot missing in character dynamics. So any little bit shoved in makes sense. If you pay attention to the film there's many little spots unexplained, and at 145 minutes they were already pushing attention span limits. No explanation for screamer, no explanation for voight's brain to mouth comment to maggie, no explanation to the allspark pissiness, etc. I for one say it is screamer, and they didn't have the time to make it more obvious, along with the bulk of hte other stuff missing. I can't wait for a director's cut.

It very well could be him, taking point, the other planes chasing, he drops a missle at megs, they see he's on their side (so they think) they unload as well, and screamer flies off. It all blends nicely action wise if you watch how the others chased him, and how he toys with them like playthings. Then you also have the point of planes don't fly that low barring two reasons, direct orders for target, or chasing a bogey. In this case, both fit.

The whole brawl devastator thing is getting on my nerves.

Hasbro says it was a flub up, bay does not. It's bay's movie even though it's hasbro's characters. He outright said he used devastator because it was a better name. I don't think Bay is the one that made the mistake. I think Devastator was on purpose, and as it's Bay's movie, I'm going to side that route.

If they want to use the gestalt, they may retcon it with the dvd, but somehow I doubt they will. This one sounds a lot like a toy goof up, as opposed to movie error.

I know hasbro says otherwise, but in the film industry, who really has creative control over a feature and it's decisions? Especially when you get into when they actually got the designs to start doing toys.

3. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Couple of interesting things... I've seen the movie over a dozen times, and interestingly enough, at the end, you see Starscream jumping and shooting, transforming, then repeating. Several planes he destroys. Two break formation. Starscream then falls into formation with the lead plane. A few minutes later, you see the same formation, with the two planes that left formation taking up the rear, and the front jets firing on Megs...
    so... seems obvious...

4. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Saw the movie again last night (or whatever...)

I am almost completely positive that Screamer shoots Megs. You see him rejoin formation shortly before the Raptor's fire on Megatron, and when they do fire ALL of them fire on him.

5. Mirageified

Mirageified Active Member

Yes. More to the point, if you want to get the fullest from the movie you read everything that was put out as a lead up to learn what is really going on. They talk more about all of the characters and develop them further. All of the complaints about no character development would have been solved if you read the book. Books are always more detailed and often better than the movie. In this case, it made the movie more enjoyable because I knew who the characters were in a deeper sense than half of the people I was sitting around who were all decked out in their T-shirts carrying their starscreams in hand.

Reading is a lost art. The book cost like $5 so it will not break the bank. Take the time to read it, everyone, really. It will make a whole world of difference in understanding many aspects of the movie, even if there are slight differences in some scenes. They put them out for people who wanted more than the movie could possibly give. There is no way they could have fit everything in that book in a 2 hour time span, or the 2+ hours that actually went into the movie. You are a fan if you buy the toys (or spend a fortune on them). You are a fan if you have all of the DVD's and the movie (I have 3 different versions myself). You are an even bigger fan (probably better wording than 'true fan' and closer to what I meant) if you take the took the time to read what was produced to fill in the gaps.

6. buickanddeere

buickanddeere Well-Known Member

Who knows what disappeared when the movie was edited to 2-1/2 hrs. Many of the sequences are too copy, they make large jumps in the sequence of events.
    I suspect the movie is 3+hrs if all the draft and finished scenes were included.
    The difference in what everybody sees in the same movie. Humans tend to see & hear what they want to hear.

7. neK

neK Is behind you...

It was Starscream, if you watch his attack on the Raptors, you'll notice that on his second Transformation in the attack he tricks the other raptors into following another one

8. Optimus Prime 1

Optimus Prime 1 Active Member

Hey Christopher I was just wondering were did you find that screen cap from the movie. I have been looking all over the place for scereen caps from the movie.

9. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    if I remember correctly, the last scene we see of Starscream before it happens is two f-22's chasing him, saying "stay on him"

the other f-22's know which f-22's are friendly and which aren't.

now you are just arguing for the sake of arguing. How many times is that character named Brawl, compared to Devastator... only in the leaked script which no one was ever meant to see, do we see the name devastator (and the book because the book is based OFF the leaked script, and also has other names wrong). His name is brawl. the movie fucked up

10. neK

neK Is behind you...

He drops in behind the two of them, if i remember correctly

11. fret80

fret80 15 Tango

Explain this then...The first group of F-22's were going in to fire on Megs and Blackout. They were in contact with Epps, he had lit up the target. They announce they are inbound hot and then get attacked by SS, who transforms back and forth and is last seen heading up and away from the city. Blackout sees the laser, freaks out. Next we see another group of F-22's with the lead pilot saying, "2nd squadron inbound"...

All this conspiracy stuff is fun but this is not the Sixth Sense or The Usual Suspects. This is a Michael Bay movie...if SS shot Megs it would have been made obvious to us. No twists in Bad Boys, sorry.

12. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up.

News Credits:
    I didn't beat up a nine-year old ahead of me in line opening night to see Bad Boys. He got dropkicked so I could see Transformers. Directors aside, there's a lot of difference between the two. For one: Transformers is all about deception. Not saying I think one way or the other, but keeping closed minded about things like this equals "I told you so's" by the time the sequel comes around.

13. fret80

fret80 15 Tango

Well I've never beat up a 9 year old in line to see a movie....but I did like this movie better than any other Bay has done. Yes, it is about deception, but the deceptions are made quite obvious to the viewers, why else would a cop car have "to punish and enslave" on the side. I don't really care about "I told you so's". If this shows up in the sequel, its because the writers/director picked it up from online forums and not from the movie we are discussing. My point is, it is cool to speculate about this stuff, but don't present it as fact because it's not.

14. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up.

News Credits:
    I didn't. Read my post, i specifically stated I'm not calling it one way or the other. Having Raptors shoot down Megatron, and Starscream as a Raptor opens possiblities for an easy retcon, but I'm not going to go on record as saying thats what I think happened.

To say it didn't happen, as this thread is trying to prove, is where the finger should get pointed. Not at me.

15. fret80

fret80 15 Tango

My bad, only the part about beating up 9 year olds was directed at you. The rest was for the thread in general.

16. DisThunder

DisThunder Just got here.

News Credits:
    Good God, people.
    I'm content with believing that it is Starscream.
    You folks are all more than welcome to either argument, because last I checked, It's not required that either one gets a unanimous vote. But that was last time I checked. There could be a clause somewhere that says if this Starscream problem isn't resolved be 12:30AM, the movie must be pulled from all theaters.
    If that's the case, nice going, you jerks.
    :) 

17. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    The writers wouldnt clarify either way, so there's no point discussing it. They may decide in the future that it was him, they may decide it wasnt. only the DVD/sequel will let us know for sure. if they ignore the scene, then it wasnt him.

18. Starscreams-Bro

Starscreams-Bro Member

I think that if Starscream did shoot Megatron that adds a certain intrigue to the next movie. They have always have had a so called dynamic relationship and if Starscream killed Megatron that opens alot of possiblilties for the next 2 movies. It will also keep us talking and discussing the movie for a while longer. I have seen the movie 2 times and I am making my poor pregnant wife see it again on my birthday on monday. I will really focus on that scene and hopefully figure it out.( I think he did it by the way)

19. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I don't think it's clear that it is Starscream, but I also don't think it's impossible for him to have been in the formation and fired on Megatron.

Based on his characterization in Ghosts of Yesterday he was duplicitous and did not want Megatron found. Also, Barricade appeared to be the Decepticon with the most respect for Starscream's leadership and Barricade and Starscream appear to have left the Battlefield. (Admittedly, it is unclear what happened to Barricade.)

So, if the sequel never touches on the theory that Starscream fired at Megatron -fine. If the sequel does explore that theory then cool. I do not see it as a cheap retcon.

Also, the scene with Starscream attacking the F-22s was about the coolest thing I have ever seen in my life.

20. Lord Megatron

Lord Megatron FFFF

Raptor Jesus.