It wasn't Starscream(Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by bushboy, Jul 5, 2007.

1. bushboy

bushboy Hardcore Decepticon

I know people think that Starscream was the Raptor that blasted Megatron before his demise, but I just saw the movie again and noticed 2 Raptors shooting Megatron, which means at least one, if not both of them was a human pilot.

2. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop!

True, but Starscream wasn't exactly eager to help Megatron after the talk at the dam.

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I really, really, really doubt that was Starscream shooting at Megatron. If it was, you'd think they would make it a bit more obvious.

4. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Is there any way we can pose this question to Orci & Kurtzman (e.g. Don Murphy's boards) since I still doubt SS participated in taking Megs down?

5. christopher

christopher Well-Known Member

One of the themes in the movie is people being tricked, they are emphasizing the Deception in Decepticon: 'It's a helicopter...oh dang it isn't'/'help poli...ohshit'/the F22s have arri...goddamnit!' So Starscream blending into the strike force could happen.

It's a possibility that I would like to be a probability that Starscream shot Megatron. In any case, I can't quite tell whether both missiles are coming from the same jet, but it looks like the two leads have each fired off one missile.

[​IMG]

6. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    It wasnt him, because the scene before it has SS being chased away by two other planes.

7. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    I really can't tell. I thought Starscream was shot by the F22s first and escaped

8. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I saw him transform and start following another F22 and I thought the first time that he was trying to trick the other ones into that that was him.

The second time I saw it I saw that it was two jets followed by two jets that attack Megatron, leading me to think Starscream followed them down there, saw a chance and took it.

As far as them not saying "THIS IS STARSCREAM! WATCH HIM BETRAY MEGATRON!" Well...I really don't need that. Even if it wasn't the intention, they can retcon it so it did happen, especially if there is enough fan support! Think about all the changes that happened because of fan input on the first one!

9. Number1sikko

Number1sikko Autobot

News Credits:
    Yeah it wasn't Starscream cause there was multiple jets shooting at Megs.

10. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

What? Like Starscream couldn't assist humans in destroying Megatron? One of the two jets could easily be Starscream.

11. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    one of the jets could have been startscream, its always been in his character
    either way he abandoned/betrayed megatron by flying off ay

12. neK

neK Is behind you...

The whole point of Screamers Alt-mode is to hide amongst Raptors so he could of easily hid amongst the other Raptors and led the attack on Megs so the others would follow him down.

Either that, of when the others chased him away, he made a bargin with them to take down Megs.

13. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    how exactly would he make said deal?

14. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    If it was Starscream they would have made something of it. As it was, it was just a bunch of jets.

15. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

That Orci & Kurtzman Q & A thread has them saying it was an interesting "rumour". Doesn't appear to have been the case in fact.

16. monosierra

monosierra Well-Known Member

why not?
    he'd just be the first to fly down and the other jets would follow his lead.
    then when he saw that the decepticons are ALL defeated, he skooted.

17. Ass Nacho

Ass Nacho Awesome Gooey

I've only seen the movie once so I really can't comment on whether I think Starscream was involved or not. But I couldn't help myself from commenting on the awesomeness of this thread!

18. Ritesh_Prime

Ritesh_Prime THE PHIL!

News Credits:
    Thats incorrect, Starscream transforms BEHIND them, then joins in on the formation.

19. meggatron

meggatron Banned

Listen there is NO reason to believe that starscream would help destroy megatron,
    this is really starting to annoy me

WHEN in the movie does he EVER act like he wants to be lead? when does he EVER act like he is not TOTALLY following Megatron?
    You are looking at this from the wrong angle, you are looking at it from a TF fan, that KNOWS the history.
    It is CLEAR that MIke Bay did not make this movie FOR the TF fans. He made this movie KNOWING that all the TF fans were going to see it anyways, he had to make it for general public, that have never seen TF before. Hence the explanation of what they were. Otherwise it could have just rolled into the movie. Now for the average fan there is no reason whatsoever to think that Scream would attack megatron, and that is why i am SURE that it wasnt starscream.

He is not smart enuff to know that it was supposed to be brawl and NOT devestator, BUT u think he could cook up this murder plot idea? COME ON NOW

20. Ritesh_Prime

Ritesh_Prime THE PHIL!

News Credits:
    Well it's hinted by the things that starscream does and what Megs says. Megatron says "You have failed me yet again" Now if I was Starscream, I would be pissed off.

Soo, plus it is sooooo obvious, I am a G1 fan, I have watched that, but I went in with a clean head and even I noticed what Starscream did.

Also the ending, yet again pure Starscream he escapes...

They don't need to explain his actions, it infact leads on to the Second movie, where I think there will probably be refrence to what Starscream did to Megs.

The Devastator thing is a Easter Egg... his name is Brawl.

Orci already answered abut that.

Starscream = F-22 that attacked Megs, watch it again and you shall see it clear as day, he transforms and joins the formation.