It wasn't soundwave.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by aman345, Jul 4, 2011.

1. aman345

aman345 Well-Known Member

So I looked at the movie again and in the execution scene most people believe it's Soundwave and Barricade who execute Que. But it's really a protoform that shoots Que first and then Barricade finishes him off. Just wondered if anyone realized that.

* Actually i made a mistake it was Soundwave and a protoform. Barricade was still behind Bumblebee. Barricade and Soundwave's robot forms look a bit similar due to the pointy heads and pointy claws.

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    They don't really look similar. one's white. one's black.

3. aman345

aman345 Well-Known Member

yeah but i should have realized it was Soundwave due to the evil laughing.

4. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Haha, this is about Example #9485832747983 of how confusing the designs STILL are for people, even after three movies. All I knew from that scene was that we had Soundwave, Barricade & some protoform - and they all looked nearly identical. I had no idea who actually did what - which seems to be an ongoing theme considering how many threads are debating it. Probably would have been smart (and a nice fan nod) if Soundwave was made blue so that he kinda stood out from the endless mass of silver colored Cons.

5. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i don't see how it is confusing at all, i see a design and i never confuse it with anyone.....i will always scratch my head how people can confuse them

6. DX7879

DX7879 Captain of Strawhats

I just saw the movie a 2nd time, and it looked to me like it was a protoform and Barricade that shoot Que. I saw the police door on his arm.

Protoform shoots first, and then Barricade. Plus the next scene Soundwave is behind Bumblebee who is looking towards where Que dies. I think Soundwave laughs from off screen

7. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Fair enough, but these boards are pretty strong proof that despite how many people know who/what they're looking at (now), there are still TONS of others who get the bots mixed up until they finally watch the movies multiple times. That has been a common debate theme with each movie like clockwork, especially when the trailers & image stills would get posted.

This is why I liken the movie designs to intricate tattoos. Up close they are AMAZING and insanely detailed - but from afar they are just a big mess that all blends together. In the case of the movie designs (Decepticons mainly), they are just a big mess of silver, grey & black. Starscream, Megatron, protoforms, Barricade, Blackout, Soundwave, Sideways, Grindor, The Fallen... all victims of forum confusion at one point or another. Even Shockwave - who was clearly purple in the movie - fell victim to the confusion from the trailers - it took quite a while for people to figure out who the bot was that Prime was punching through with his spiked knuckles. The giveaway wasn't even his colors - someone finally spotted his hose (yeah I know how that sounds).

I don't think that's a big blind "Bay hater blah blah" bash either - I just always viewed it as a legitimate problem - the biggest problem, in fact - with the movies. Always wished the Cons in particular had a few more defining colors from character to character. And this latest thread addressing the latest confusion seems to clearly show us that the game hasn't changed much in 6 years. I'm not debating about it or anything - just discussing.

8. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I've only seen the movie once,but I'm POSITIVE it was barricade.Saw the police doors,thats the key ;) 

9. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Reborn Comics Fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It was Barricade and either Soundwave or a Protoform that killed Que.

10. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Barricade shoved Wheeljack into place, Soundwave was barking at Wheeljack and Barricade at a distance. A generic shot Wheeljack first, then Barricade finished 'em. Soundwave was behind Bumblebee and moved him into place to kill 'em.

11. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    This.

This.
    And, this.

I saw the movie once, and locked my eyes on Barricade the whole time, and it wasn't Soundwave.
    The second time I go, I'll keep an eye out on that protoform that shoots first before Barricade, as I believed that it was only Barricade that shot.

12. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Thought it was Soundwave too. Bit hard to focus in 3D, and it went by rather fast.

13. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    this

14. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

I had the same problem too, first time I thought it was Soundwave then I saw the movie again and it's definitely Barricade, if you look closely you can even see Soundwave with Bee in the background for a second.

15. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Don't even know why that was Soundwave - aside from the name, there's nothing about him that says "Soundwave" to me.

16. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ravage
    Laserbeak.
    Frank Welker
    In Africa "Soundwave reporting for duty lord Megatron"
    smart
    hes been manipulating the US government for decades.

17. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    But he wasn't blue and didn't change into a micro cassette recorder so all your points are invalid.

18. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Oh my god your right. The fact he wasn't G1 invalidates everything : O

19. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Exactly. Pretty sweet scene, that's what he gets for not being Wheeljack.

20. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Of course, If I have a problem with how they portrayed Soundwave, it must be because I'm some Gee-Whun fan boy who wanted Soundwave to turn into a tape deck... I can't believe that fans here haven't matured at all since 2007, everything is always so black and white with you people.

Movie Soundwave is a failure on so many levels, it's not worth even getting into because so many people here have their Bay-blinders on.