It took me a year, but I got all the Movie character toys!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Jetstorm, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

Yup, since tomorrow is the 1-year anniversary of when the movie was in theaters (or at least the 1st time I saw it in theaters) and it was also the day I bought Bumblebee I thought it was appropriate that today was the day I finally found Leader-class Optimus Prime! (Premium version :thumbs2:  ).

When it comes to Transformers, I'm only interested in buying toys of the characters that are in the show (or in this case, movie) and I finally got all of them. I didn't bother with the silly repaints (Nightwatch Prime ftl IMO :rolleyes:  ) or different-sized versions ("First Strike" Prime ftl again lol) Although if I had not already bought the deluxe-sized Brawl I would've bought the Leader-sized one. I did buy both the "Piece of crap" camaro mode Bumblebee and '08 Bumblebee.

So anyway I just thought it was kinda cool that I finally found Prime the day before it had been one year since I first saw the movie. =D

2. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    You got transcanning Optimus? Or just all the American toys?

3. TheCuddlyDevil

TheCuddlyDevil Well-Known Member

Leader Class Brawl is way better than the deluxe. It's just not bigger, it's a whole different toy.

Also, I would definitely recommend Deluxe Wreckage, a character that did not appear in the movie. Original mould, and to be honest just plain kick-ass. Must-have.

Oh, and congrats!

4. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

Just the American ones:

-Optimus
    -Bumblebee
    -'08 Bumblebee
    -Jazz
    -Ratchet
    -Ironhide
    -Megatron
    -Starscream
    -Barricade
    -Blackout
    -Brawl
    -Bonecrusher

If I ever see regular-paint-scheme Brawl I might pick him up, but he's not a necessity to me.

5. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

Cool. I got Trans scanning Bumblebee on the way. Still have to pick up Premium Prime and the new TRU releases and I will be caught up. I have all the Lawson releases and the Japanese releases that were different colors.

6. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    That more or less looks exactly like my Movie collection. I only bought the appropriately sized and/or painted figures of characters that actually appeared in it, minus Deluxe Bonecrusher due to being so retardedly small and Deluxe '77 Bumblebee since I don't need 2 of the same character. Over a year later, I finally got Leader Megs (Premium) but am still trying to find Deep Space Starscream. Once I get him, I'm done.

I just hope with the TF2 figures that it doesn't take over a year to get proper molds or colors - like what happened with Leader Prime & Megs and Voyager Starscream.

7. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I still need to get around to picking up Megs.

For the longest time, I had been actively looking for him (last summer), but could never find him. Then premium figures were announced and I decided to wait for that. Never saw that at retail.

Now that I can find it at retail, Animated is out and they take priority.

I really do want to pick him up at some point as he is the only character from the film I don't have in some way, shape or form, but...I just can't bring myself to get him right now.

8. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I picked up every American figure except:

Overcast
    Jungle Bonecrusher
    Premium Blackout
    Premium Bumblebee

And I am sure I will pick these up at some point.