IT IS FINISHED! Masterpiece "Transformers Salute" Score

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by mikeyrukus1, Dec 2, 2006.

1. mikeyrukus1

mikeyrukus1 Well-Known Member

Let me start off by saying that I can't read music...never have. I tried to learn but there are 3 big letters that prevent me from doing so (A.D.D). But for some reason, when I have my small amout of equipment in front of me, I enter another zone. I can concentrate...same way I do at work. I run a grocery store that does about $5mil annually....(corporate owned by the way, not mine). Sometimes you just get into a zone. I'm not the greatest, never said I was...I know I never will be...but this to me is a personal victory. This is my masterpiece. This is the most difficult piece of music that I've ever put together. There's a feeling of excitement when you feel you're reaching the next level in your craft....I feel that today. Now before you give a listen....let it be known that this score is 14 minutes long....so your best bet is to browse the board as you listen instead of staring at that boring pic of me on my page. This is what the score consists of:

Transformers Theme
    TF music from the tv show
    "Rise"...my original piece for the new movie
    Unicron's Theme
    Music from the "Announcement Trailer"
    Finale

**I'm leaving the finale a secret so you can be surprised.

So with that being said, let me say thank you to Don Murphy. Thanks to Jester for making a sick G1 trailer and inspiring us. Thanks to Jolin for the same. Tony Wallace , Crimson Dynamo...those who have provided constructive criticism, positive feedback and encouragement. You all have caused me to push myself to be better. I am the Rocky Balboa of film composers, I am the Dan "Rudy" Rudeger of the film industry...yes I consider myself the underdog. I have minimal equipment, but a big eart...hopefully someone is listening.

Well, here it is....one keyboard, one guitar, and about 200 virtual tracks later....this is the knife that I've brought to the gunfight....and I plan on cutting someone before I go down in a hail of bullets. :D 

Enjoy my masterpiece "Transformers Salute"

www.soundclick.com/mikerivera

2. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

I loved that. I wasn't sure what to expect when I clicked the link, but you did a great job. I wish I had musical skills like that. Did you do it all from scratch (with the exception of the voice tracks)?

The whole piece is very epic and, IMO, would make a great soundtrack for a video game or movie.

Nice job, and welcome to TFW!

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Mike,
    I'd just like to say that I THOROUGHLY enjoyed this piece; very nice work, man! :thumb  The layering of the different familiar TF sounds and your own blend of work gives this piece a very nice array of harmonical and melodical asethetics. Again, very nice work!

Also, don't let something like ADD get in the way of your learning. When I was in undergrad, one of my best friends also had ADD, but he was able to learn how to read music very well. To date, he's still one of the best guitarists I've ever played with. I'm definately not saying you have learn how to read music, but if this is what you really want to do, go for it!

4. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

"Impressive, Most Impressive", It's good to see the boards branch out, and you showed me something many people could have done wrong. My congradulations on you work.

5. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

This is good music!

6. Mattafoo

Mattafoo Fool

That was amazing man.

Any plans of a downloadable version? I'd love to chuck that on my iPod.

7. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    I want to download that song so badly right now. NICE!

8. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

its amazing !

9. mikeyrukus1

Thanks!

10. mikeyrukus1

I'll see what I cando...soundclick is very strict about allowing copyrighted material to be downloaded.....then again...I wish you guys could get the feeling I get when I BLAST THIS IN MY CAR!!!!!!!!! :) 

11. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    hey, you did a really nice job man. and I know what you mean... orchestral type scores sound REALLY nice when you have something that can really push bass :) 

12. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Totally Awesome!

13. mikeyrukus1

i need everyone's help in getting this to as many ears as possible...let's post a link everywhere we can, anywhere you like on your own pages, etc...and uuuuuummmm.......maybe someone can sticky this thread???? :) 

14. shade 0066

shade 0066 Live Fast, Drive Faster!

Words cannot describe how awesome that is.

15. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    hey, thats really good. it started predictable, but got better especially around the bad guys music bit. good job!

16. mikeyrukus1

yeah , the theme is so widely know that it's hard to do something unpredictable with it...thats why I made such a large score, to accent different parts. I used the sound bites to set the tone. I still remember some of those emotions as a kid when I saw the movie...the shock and hatred I had for Starscream, the fear I had when I heard Unicron speak...all of it....

and....um.......holy crap....my site just crashed :banghead: 

be back up in a minute...lol

17. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

i'm really amazed by the way some fans are soo inspired by tf's. Between writing, art, toys (kitbash etc) ,and music, its too bad that the people making the live action film didnt tap into the fanbase. I guess they know better. :rolleyes2 

18. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    yeah i wanna throw this in my ipod... EDIT: if you just click the download button on the first post it gives you the link to DL it

19. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I am Very Impressed Great Job!!!!!!!!

20. mikeyrukus1

yes it is now available for download!!! :D