Heavy/Scratch: It is done!!!!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by optimusawesome, Mar 11, 2009.

1. optimusawesome

optimusawesome Well-Known Member

Well, I finally completed my GI Joe Vs. Transformers custom Sideswipe.

it was ALOT of work and my first scratch build, but I think I did ok. I hope to get as good as you other guys like FR, Petivite, Jin....etc.

Anyway, with out further adu (sp)

I present to you Sideswipe and his backstory:

After COBRA brought the Transformers back on line SIDESWIPE regained part of his memory. He then requested to be assigned to the CRIMSON GUARD which COBRA COMMANDER allowed. He was quickly given experimental upgrades for the STINGER model and ushered off to SPRINGFIELD, MA.

After COBRA left the ARK, TELETRAN 1 reactivated several TRANSFORMERS one of which was ARCEE. ARCEE then reviewed the security recordings of the ARK, and set off to try to rescue her brainwashed commrads. After stumbleing upon a small GI JOE force she explained the situation to the team leads SCARLET and CLUTCH.

The mission was a success infultrateing the terrorist cell in SPRINGFIELD and with the help of a fully re-programmed SIDESWIPE, CLUTCH was able to eliminate the terrorist cell and seize their equipment. The equipment that it turned out that needed to be studied the most was SIDESWIPE himself to determine if in fact the new STINGER design has any weaknesses that can be exploited.

Attached Files:

2. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    This is really cool, man. I'm a huge fan of G.I. Joe also, so it's awesome to see something like this. The red looks great on that alt mode and the bot mode looks pretty cool also. You can see that a lot of hard work went into this and the file cards, tech specs, and even the bluprints are a great added touch!

Hope to see more G.I. Joe-inspired stuff from you (if you choose to do them, of course--you're certainly capable) lol

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    very nice, man. He looks a lot like a Movie-former with those arms, legs, and feet.

4. optimusawesome

optimusawesome Well-Known Member

I was actually going for a G1/movie/Devilsdue feel for the whole thing. I hope it is a good mix of the three.

5. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

sweet job man. that's an awesome custom. love the blueprints, nice touch

6. stratonrye

stratonrye Maximal

Wow. The detail on this is amazing. I have not read any of the G I Joe crossover stuff but this really makes me want to check it out now. I love the tech specs and back story. Very cool. His Alt. mode is perfect, especially with all the battle damage. My only criticism would be to say that his upper legs and pelvis look a little thin compared to the rest of the body and could use some bulking up, but that's it. Really, as a whole, the figure is so strong I wouldn't even worry about it especially considering this is your first scratch build. I wonder why more people haven't done G I Joe crossovers? Although, I guess people have in the past but I just haven't seen them. Great job dude.