It finally happened

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Seaspray, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

I feel as if I'm in a similar place. For me it all started with Beast Wars. It was around RID and Armada that I became a completist buying figures just for the sake of it. Around Energon and Cybertron is when it slowed down a few here and their. Anyway skip ahead to the present it's become a ritual buy a figure transform it once or twice, pose it, and put it on a shelf with others from the same continuity. The last figure I purchsed was HA Sideswipe a month or two after the summer of 09. At this point I feel a little burnt out/tired so the only foreseeable option is to take a break. As to how long is unknown I still intend to come to the website and on occasion take a walk down the toy aisle.

2. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    Actually I am taking a break from TF's,as far as buying goes,since my local Wally World
    refuses to stock anything new,they still have the same figures from October last year with
    just Cannon BB and others.So I no longer get anymore figures.But I do still have all my
    collection.But until Hasbro releases anything new I am not wasting my money on any TF's.
    Except G1 when I get my next check this coming week.

Also speaking of Hasbro,what is up with them not having anything new the past 3 or 4
    months,usually they have all kinds of stuff out for the summer as they know that kids
    usually spend there allowance on stuff right now.Its like they have quit.Has there been
    any news why?.

3. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I feel the same at times. When it happens I go through my collection and find the figures I really don't care for anymore and sell them off. It's usually only a few bots at a time and if it's a bot I just despise I give it to one of my nephews or younger cousins.

I also try to spend time with my other hobbies. Spreading out my purchases helps as well. By the time something new comes, my interests in Transformers are renewed.

4. kajobaldisimo

kajobaldisimo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    as of now, no love for TFs for me, also.

everything's going to the storage bin for a year.

May of 2011, i decide if they're going to ebay.

5. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i gave most of (almost all, i kept a few that were sentimentally priceless, having belonged to my best friend who died) my toys away a while back because i was hitting an emotional low.
    but i came back because i realized that after they were gone, i didn't have anything invested in anything else and that's a scary place to be.

stupid as it sounds, i needed something to be attached to or preoccupy myself until i got past my troubles.
    and look at me now, i am rebuilding and still here.

i still think at times how quickly i would box em up if i could use them to buy certain things that are missing in my life. it just doesn't work that way, though.

someday, i want an 8 year old to walk through my room and just drool, knowing that the current crop of Ben 10-like crap is nothing like this.
    and i'd like to whisper to the kid that when he's a little older, he can start playing with his Transformers.

...6000 toys, eh?
    i gotta sit down for that.

6. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sometimes I think I have too many Transformers, then I wake up and realize I just don't have enough space. :lol  Anyway, my love of Transformers only dimmed slightly during the Beast Machine/Animorphs era. Those were dark days.

7. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    i was a fan from starting with bw then it faded when armada started. i just don't like armada that much. then when the movie came out i started again. now me and my little bro own about 60% of the animated stuff.

8. trex5000

trex5000 Autobot

Ebay:

9. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    For me it's not so much the lack of love for collecting but the lack of what I want to collect. I hate the movie lines, animated is dead, and Classics are in this precarious state. I don't know that there will be much stateside (or in Japan for that fact) for me to buy. Now if Generations is really nothing more then Classics 3.0 with a different name (provided they don't move to a more movie like aesthetic) I will be a happy camper.