Customs: It feels a bit strange . . . (Yep, I'm still making customs!)

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Superquad7, Nov 19, 2005.

1. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hey guys, I almost posted this in one of my older threads, but since the subject was a quite a bit different than any of my older threads, I decided to make a new thread (believe me, I don't like making a thread for every little new thing I say; I like to use threads already created to post)

This was the last pic I actively posted about what I am working on right now. That pic is rather old (some of you probably remember it), but it says a lot of what I have been working on - the Seekers! Not content with just the original 3, I created a series of projects that will see 7 (yes, 7) of the Seekers as Imprezas. I don't know about you guys, but Hasbro/Takara isn't exactly helping the Decepticon forces out that much!

I was going to post WiP pics of the whole series of projects, but I have decided to wait until I get them all done to post a gallery/galleries. The current status of my project is 5 out of 7 (I have 2 left to create). For the next few weeks, I'll be on hold a bit (holidays and finishing up a semester of grad school), so my work will be limited. Nevertheless, I'm really excited about this series of projects still. I liked doing it so much that I almost considered ALL of the background Seekers from the early episodes. I probably won't do them all (too many Imprezas can get rather cluttered on the shelf, plus I like variety too), but I will be doing a fan favorite Seeker (note my number is 7 not 6 :thumbs2:  )

I also have a favorite KO of our one-eyed logistical Decepticon that I had been started working on quite a while before any of these Seekers (and have had him finished for quite a while). Also, when you go to my Photobucket account, should you surf around, you'll find a gallery of a Stunticon there that also needs a proper photoshoot. I also bought those two ko BTs (yellow Lambor and white Hound) and just applied Decepticon labels to them (I have named the yellow Viper "Detour" and I am still brainstorming on the white Hound).

I think part of me is holding out taking pics in hopes that a new digicam will fall out of the sky that is more than 1 mp! I really am pushing my little guy to the absolute limits with photographing my customs work. brawnlaugh.gif I'd really like to do my work more justice, but I simply do not have the funds. :cry 

Anyways, I have a lot of cool ideas in store for the future as well that I am really excited about! I just thought I would post an update on my work because it has just felt really weird not posting "hey check out my new custom" in a long while. Christmas break is, however, soon around the corner :lol 

Well, best of wishes to you all and your customs! Till, next time!

2. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Keep em coming man :thumb 

3. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Well-Known Member

I never forgot the alt seekers and I anticipate great thing from your future stuff!

4. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Small update

Hey guys, thank you for the encouragement! It is much appreciated!

I don't think I mentioned it, but I am creating scratchbuild arm cannons for the Alt Seekers. I am the painting and final assembly stage of them. Some simple math here: I am making 2 arm cannons for each Alt, and I will have 7 Alts. Needless to say, my customs table is looking a bit like an assembly line with 16 cannons (I made an extra set; it's better to have it and not need it as to need it and not have it. So far I am really pleased with the results.

More to come later!

5. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice work, can't wait to see the final results!:rock 

6. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Finals Are Finished!!!! Time For Some Christmas Customs!!!!

7. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sweet!
    I just thought about some better side weapons for the seekers too!
    More showish!