It all makes sense.. Soundwave must be....

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by encline, Nov 6, 2008.

1. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  2. adam-x

adam-x megazord activate,,

thats a damn good idea.

3. adam-x

adam-x megazord activate,,

but that would make soundwave almost too big?

4. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

Woah, woah, woah, back up. When was Lazerbeak announced and when did it say he was a truck?

5. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I apologize. It was never announced. But, when looking at the pics of the satellite and truck, and as mr orci said, those look more like ravage than like soundwave. Take a look, the truck looks more like Laserbeak. I can't find that pic now.

6. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hmmmm interesting...

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Interesting idea, but I personally think that would make Soundwave too big. I have no idea what he'll turn into, but almost no matter what it is, I'll be getting a toy of him, and hopefully a Voyager class figure of some sort.

8. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    No, Oric hinted that Ravage is the truck and made no mention of Laserbeak.

Soundwave is the satellite.

9. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    why on earth would they make lazerbeak a truck?

10. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

Orci said the concept implied Ravage is the truck, he could just be poking fun at the grammar on the pic or saying Ravage IS the truck. Maybe Ravage would have a bipedal mode like in Beast Wars?

11. samtheman

[​IMG]

That in no way shape or form implies the truck is Lazerbeak. Soundwave even has a Chevy symbol on his groin area which implies Soundwave is in fact the truck in this particular concept art.

I think Orci definitely pokes a little fun at the "Soundwave satellite and tuck/Ravage." It makes it seem as though the satellite is Soundwaves alt mode and the truck is Ravage. In actuality, according to this concept art, Soundwave is intended to be a satellite in his Cybertronian mode and in his Earth mode he is a Truck. According to the concept, ravage is probably intended to have the same set up as Blackout/scorps.

I believe Orci answers fans questions as best as he can without revealing too much information about the movie (and does an amazing job). I think confirming Ravage as a truck is crossing that line between answers to questions and giving the plot/character designs away.

In terms of this concept art I believe the artist of the fan art probably ment "Soundwave satellite and truck w/ Ravage."

One thing that is interesting to me is there is also a space station looking object in the upper left hand corner that appears to have two fiery masses coming off of it. Ravage and Laserbeak perhaps?

Anyways I thought laserbeak was confirmed not to be in this movie for some reason by Orci himself.

These are just somewhat educated guesses based off the concept art and off of what Orci has said. I don't know what the movie will be like and no one at these forums, except Orci, do either. The only time we will know for sure is June 2009.

12. Sir_Sapphire

Sir_Sapphire Well-Known Member

Soundwave is the Hadron collider.

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Ravage being a truck really wouldn't be that far off from when they decided to do a toy where Ravage was a cars, so it sort of fits.

Laserbeak though wouldn't make much sense. I mean if your robot mode is something that flys then why whould you have an mode that is a truck. If I was to make a guess based on the past movie I'd say that if we did get Laserbeak it will be more like how Scorpie was part of Blackout. If Soundwave has a good sized alt mode then there would be plenty of room for a hawk or eagle sized Laserbeak.

On Soundwave, well I've still got fingers crossed that when we do get something offical at last he's going to have some sort of sound related alt mode. With some many experimental weapons systems in the works and communications related equipment out there I thing the pool to pick from is pretty big.

14. cornpone

cornpone Lobot&me

In looking at that Soundwave art post again, it looks like Lazerbeak is the robot, Ravage is the Jaguar, and they both form to make the truck (lazerbeak the frame and Ravage from under the hood). Then Soundwave is the satellite. Perhaps he is just a satellite and robot - no other mode.

I liked the idea floated a while back about Soundwave being a pickup and Ravage being the trike that loads in the back, but based on this art, which looks pretty good, I'm more inclined towards my first proposal. Also, it was considered that 'the twins' might be the ice cream truck in the beginning. Given their individual size, the two-part ice cream truck might be a better fit for Ravage and Lazerbeak.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  15. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

I still think the robot in that concept art is Rumble, and he combines with Ravage to form the truck.

16. dreamworker

dreamworker Member

Minion within minion like a russian doll

17. imwthstpd

imwthstpd that crazy fanboy

News Credits:
    Could he be a missle carrying thing, like animated mangus?

18. samtheman

I think what dreamworker is implying is that Soundwave is like one of those dolls that when you open it theres a smaller doll in it and then you open that one and there is another small doll in it.

That would make sense being that the large satellite (Soundwave) launches a smaller decepticon (the truck) and in turn part of the truck breaks off and becomes Ravage.

19. dreamworker

dreamworker Member

sam the clever man! The engine transforms.

20. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    I think the truck is Lazerbeak.