Issues with ebay and Paypal

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by cheetor71, Jun 7, 2010.

1. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

I didn't know where else to post this. I having problems, mainly with paypal. I have a pending balance on my paypal account for ebay items I get paid for. The only reason I have this balance is because I don't hve detailed feedback from buyers. I have 158 feedback and it's 100% positive. I've called paypal about this and they don't seem to care. I just got paid for an item that I need to ship to France. Instead of deducting the shipping cost from the pending balance like they are supposed to, they are going to take it out of my available balance and the rest to come out of my bank account. I don't have enough in my bank account to cover this cost since I've been out of work for the past 2 weeks because of an injury. The only way my money doesn't get held is when I sell something outside of ebay. I've already informed my buyer of this situation and am waiting for a response. I am very angry right now and felt the need to vent. If anyone has had a similar problem, I am all ears.

2. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This happened to me on my first big custom sale.

I just added a credit card to paypal and paid for the shipping tht way. Then paid it off once the balance was added to paypal.

3. Da_Last_2_Walk

Da_Last_2_Walk Da King Of Pre Rubs TFW2005 Supporter

It is common for ebay to do this with new sellers.

After you receive + feedback for the item, your funds will be released.

4. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

I'm not a new seller. I've been selling on ebay for many years. I had an issue with ebay a while back and my account was suspended for what was a very big misunderstanding. That's one of the reasons why my money gets held. They consider me to be high risk whick is total BS. Look at my feedback and that tells a whole other story. My ebay id is: cheetor_2

5. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Yep, this happened to me a few months back and I posted about it. I had sold some scale fuselages for helicopters that I no longer needed. The cheap one was not put on hold, but the more expensive one, the funds were held. I could not use those funds in my PayPal account until my buyer was satisfied and left me a positive feedback. It's their way of protecting the buyer from would-be crook's. It's frustrating for us good sellers, but I understand why they do it.
    I guess in a way it's protecting the seller from having negative balance due to unhappy buyers requesting refunds.

6. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

It doesn't matter what the amount is. I have one item I sold for $10 and it's being held. They are holding every transaction that has to do with ebay.

7. BairdimusPrime

BairdimusPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This happened to me recently i have had my store running for over a year with no negative feedback, someone purchased my mib mp-01 my crown jewel and told ebay i sold them a broken toy, i had to give them back the money(forced out of an empty account) and take a negative feedback hit when the item was sent back it was a tru version of the figure SMASHED BEYOND ANY REPAIR! we contacted ebay and sent pictures they are sending us out money back and banning the buyer as he scammed 3 other people this month in the same fashion. but i'm still left with his negative feedback as ebay said it was up to the buyer to retract it....

8. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Damn, used to be "buyer beware". Now it seems like "seller beware"?

9. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

It's been that way on eBay for some time now, unfortunately. Things started to get tenuous when eBay removed feedback options for sellers. Sure, you can file claims, but other sellers are probably not privy to if a buyer has had claims filed against him. The feedback was at least something visible to other sellers. The best you can do is set restrictions on bidders. Even then, it doesn't help that much. The negative feedback restriction is especially pointless. Unless the buyer has been sellling on eBay, he or she won't have a feedback score less than zero.

10. DarthMagnificus

DarthMagnificus Banned

ebay is a C blocking paradise for con artists that want to buy stuff...file a claim about it not being "described or pictured accurately" then sending back a bullshit toy or a busted up piece of shit and then they get your stuff for free plus all their money back....

11. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    As I have said many times Ebay is a wretched Hive of scum and villainy , you must be cautious" and sadly the scum bags give the honest sellers and buyers a bad name they don't deserve.

12. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Sounds stupid. Glad I dont sell on ebay.

13. DarthMagnificus

DarthMagnificus Banned

it is definitely starting to get to the point where folks are starting to bail...their last fee hike ...CNN and MSNBC did articles on tons of long time ebay sellers/store front customers that were starting their own sites and bailing out of ebay completely....I at times do not like dealing with the BS involved...and have cancelled some transactions and refunded $ to folks that i felt would just cause more of an issue that it being worth to complete the transaction with....

14. TFcollecterguy

TFcollecterguy Well-Known Member

wow. ebay freggin' sucks. Why do people need to do this? The fandum shurly is not one.