Issues connecting to websites

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by OmegaScourge, Jul 27, 2008.

1. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

So here's the deal:

My desktop uses a Netgear 10/10/1000 network card and connects (wired) to a Linksys Wireless-N Gigabit router.

My laptop uses whatever it came with (a Wireless-G) and connects (wireless) to the same router.

THe laptop can connect to any website with no issues...but the desktop, that's what is having issues. Pages like Google, Yahoo, Myspace, and a few others (this site works fine), it'll say "connecting to ..." and five minutes later, still haven't connect.

i tired unplugging the wires from the router and from the computer, restarting the computer but still no fix....

anyone know what might be the issue.

2. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Believe it or not, I had this same issue with my Verizon issued Actiontec router in May.

The wireless stuff was fine, but my wired desktop could not connect to anything.
    For reasons I can't begin to imagine, the firmware "lost its mind" in relation to the wired ports. I had to get a new router.

Before you do that, though, try a different port on the router and\or a different patch cable.
    Check whatever diagnostic tools Linksys gave you with the NIC.
    Also can your email client\IM connect?

3. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    It also may be worth trying to flush the DNS cache on the desktop, just to be safe.