Issue with Warbot Defender

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Hothouse Prime, May 3, 2012.

1. Hothouse Prime

Hothouse Prime Not old... Just older.

I wasn't sure where to post this, but this seemed as good a place as any...

I received my Warbot Defender yesterday and upon taking it out of the package I noticed two black slivers of plastic in the weapons bag. Come to find out these were the c-clip that was supposed to hold the sword halves together. I know that BBTS has really good customer service, but wasn't sure if the piece was a necessity or if anyone else has had this problem.

Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

2. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    contact bbts, i haven't heard of this problem before at all, they should replace it for you

3. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine is in a box in the basement, so I can't see if they are supposed to come apart. But I can tell you they need to be attached to form the helicopter blades. I've never seen them separated.

I also know mine came attached.

See if yours will connect securely. If they won't, contact BBTS (it sounds like that's where you got this).

4. dre_203

dre_203 Active Member

Ebay:
    I've had my warbot defender since it was first released and over the past year I have noticed hairline cracks appearing all over the figure. I've had my warbot on display but periodically switch him between his three modes. I ordered another one and plan on keeping it in the box. Anyone else having this problem?

5. jnguyen

jnguyen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine has hairline crack as well around where all the screws are. Especially on his legs.

6. Hothouse Prime

Thanks for all the input. In related news, BBTS is going to send me a replacement clip...

As far as hairline cracks, haven't seen this problem yet. Hoping it isn't inherent to the figure.

7. DisappearingOne

DisappearingOne Well-Known Member

Got my Warbot last week and the exact same thing happened to mine. Pulled the sword out of the bag and it then proceeded to fall apart on me. Haven't contacted BBTS about it yet, but they're usually pretty good with returns.

8. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    shit, I haven't opened my Warbot yet. I better go check now, LOL.

9. RICEMASTER

RICEMASTER Special Agent Doofy

Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I had the same problem when i got mines a couple of weeks ago!!! I sent picks to bbts and they sent another blades/sword assembly...Contact them asap with pics!!! BBTS has great customer service so you should be ok!!!

10. felyxz

felyxz Active Member

Ebay:
    and this is why I love buying from BBTS vs.other places that sell 3rd party products. Great customer service.

11. Hothouse Prime

Yep, BBTS already invoiced my account for the part. They've been great to work with. Couldn't be happier with the outcome.

12. DisappearingOne

This little plastic clip is quickly becoming the bane of my existance. Received the replacement from BBTS today, only to find the new one is the same as the old one, which is too big to clip on to the grey piece and hold the whole thing together. Unless they have another solution, I'm about ready to cut my losses and return WD.

13. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Wait, what clip? The clip that comes with Warbot Defender is meant to attach him to a flight stand, not to hold the blades together...

14. DisappearingOne

Its the tiny little black clip (clamp?) that's supposed to hold the sword together. Not talking about that grey flight stand thingie.

15. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Although it is sounding like something may have gone wrong with what ever run these newly shipped figures are coming from (3 issues in this thread?)-

Mine (from the original run) consists of two black sword halves which are help together by a gray peg where the handle meets the blade. The peg plugs into the body (in helicopter mode) and the two sword halves rotate on this peg going from 1 sword blade to 2 copter blades.

I have absolutely no idea what black clamp you're talking about. Did they change the color of something? Maybe even add a part?

16. Dio

Dio Scrapper

I had the same issue with the clip being too loose and having a crack, but a little superglue fixed it. I don't mind the sword having a permanent peg thru it, and the blades still spin. The design could have been much better though.

17. AlphaFool

AlphaFool Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, mine is exactly how you described it. My Warbot is from the original run, and it came with two swords being held together by a peg. I'm not aware of this black clip/clamp. Can anyone post pictures to clarify?

18. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Mine's from the first run as well, and there's a black clip on the gray peg.... without it, the sword pieces slide off of it and don't stay together naturally for sword mode.