Issue with stylin online

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by cobra zartan, Dec 5, 2008.

1. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    I recently placed an order from stylin for four shirts that totaled $32USD and then went to the checkout and was charged a whopping $28USD, I got the package in the mail today only to find out that it cost them $4.80USD to ship them to me. Am I wrong to be pissed about this huge over charge? Should I be bitching to get the rest of the cash back?

2. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can you clarify? Your post says the total was $32 but you were charged $28... sounds like you saved $4.

Do you mean they charged you $28 for shipping? Cause if that's the case, wow.

3. mykticon

mykticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea, if it was $28 to ship, I would definately be bitching!

4. benzo

benzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    a lot of smaller busniness charge more for shipping cause that's how they make some their profits. and it's the same with ebay.

5. cobra zartan

News Credits:
    Sorry ams, I meant to say that the TShirts cost was $32 for 4 of them and the shipping they charged was $28, when the package arrived the price on the package stated $4.80. I sent an email off and the guy pretty much said thats how it works and how they cover their ass incase an item goes missing, since my item arrived I figure they owe me $23.20USD.

6. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, my question is...if you saw that shipping was $28 before you completed checkout, then why did you complete the transaction?

7. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    He didn't know it only cost them $4.80 until his items arrived.

8. stylinonline

stylinonline TFW2005 Supporter

An anomoly, non intentional.

The international shipping and handling costs for this website are based on the average of all international orders. The system for calculating the charges is based on a single or two t-shirt purchase. At a single shirt purchase the website tabulates $13.00 for s&h. That shipping method usually ships via International priority mail which costs at a minimum $11.00 internationally and I believe a dollar less for Canada. However the system understands no difference between foreign countries. The system charges the same whether it is shipping to Australia or to Canada. I wish I had a better system to understand the difference in packaging but regardless of the cost of goods, 4 t-shirts = 3lbs which is $19.80 - $29.95 for most international orders. I can't ship first class international because Canada post has lost too many packages. At least paying the extra for International Priority prevents some of those packages from getting lost.

Postage Price Calculator

Also, you did order mainly cheap t-shirts i'm selling below cost just to make room for new stock. At normal price that order should have been $75.00 +s&h. I do however apologize if you feel slighted. My intention is not to make unhappy customers. I will go ahead and credit your credit your account so you will have received this international order at no shipping and handling cost whatsoever. I'll eat those costs.

Sorry for the inconvenience

James Stylin
    President - CEO
    StylinOnline.com

9. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I understand that, but even if it were legit shipping charges, $28 is a bit much for four shirts.

For example, Priority shipping costs are usually pretty low/reasonable until the size of the box starts getting bigger. Regardless of the weight, the larger the box the higher the shipping costs. I just mailed a Hasbro factory sealed case of Universe figs inside another box of accomodating size and the shipping was $23. So unless the shirts were laid out flat in an extremely long box, there's no way that $28 would have been a reasonable shipping price in the first place.

10. cobra zartan

News Credits:
    Shirts were xmas presents.