Issue with Prime RID Ratchet head

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jbz, May 7, 2012.

1. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I have an issue as the title says. Ratchet's head doesn't pop up automatically when I lower that back hatch part. I watched video reviews and I do the same thing and Ratchet's head always pops up in the vids. Not for me. I have to use a small screw driver and insert it into the gap in his back and push down on the release switch. I can see exactly what is supposed to be happening to make his head pop out, but it's not. The grey bar piece that should be hitting the release switch isn't. Any ideas on how to fix this?

2. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Take it back and get another one.

3. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    there is that...but Ratchet is slim pickings around these parts. I consider myself lucky to have this one. Was wondering if this a known issue.

4. Matt Booker

Matt Booker Fantasy Adventure Author

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    You could check the feedback thread, but I haven't seen people complaining about it.

If it still pops up when you hit the switch manually, check to make sure there's not any excess plastic that's keeping things from fitting correctly.

If not, is the plastic on the gray bar too short to hit the switch? If it is, perhaps glue something like a piece of a playing card on there to add some bulk.

~Matt Booker

5. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Explosions?

News Credits:
    If you look through the gab behind his head, you should be able to see what's happening in there. The grey bar is supposed to hit the black switch. If it isn't, the switch on yours may be bent down.

Try using a pair of tweezers bend it back up a little so the grey bar will catch it.

6. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I see the grey bar and the black switch. It doesn't look bent at all. It seems to be a pretty firm piece of plastic. The grey bar is missing it by the slimmest of margins. It looks like Matt's suggestion might be the only route to take. Or I just use my mini screw driver to pop his head up every time I transform him, LOL. Thanks for the suggestions guys

7. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Write to Hasbro and ask them to stop using stupid spring-loaded gimmicks. Mine has the same problem.

And even on the ones that work perfectly now, none of these springs are going to last forever. I always cringe every time I open a new TF and see there's a spring involved in the transformation. I wish they'd just design them so that everything was manual.

8. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They'll write back and say "he's a Revealer, that's what he's revealing"...LOL. Did you fix it somehow or are you just manually popping that switch to get his head to come up? I'm gonna keep him in my car with receipt and if I happen to see another at Target, just buy and switch/return.

9. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I'm manually popping it. But to be honest, I've more or less stopped bothering to transform him at this point anyway. I don't like this toy in general nearly as much as most people here seem to.

10. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well turns out I was lucky. Went back to the Target not expecting anything since I was just there yesterday and low and behold, there's another Ratchet. Bonus, there was a Knock Out too so I picked him up. Looked at the back of Ratchet and the grey bar is definitely longer in this one and the pop up head action works.

11. Matt Booker

Matt Booker Fantasy Adventure Author

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Glad to hear you found another one.

I don't mind head reveals when it's geared like on Cliffjumper or manual like on Wheeljack, but the spring loaded ones tend to cause problems and get in the way of better engineering.

~Matt Booker