Isn't WFC Soundwave pure awesomeness?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I cannot believe I almost passed up on the WFC line, because it wasn't really G1. I opened WFC Soundwave today, and he is freaking incredible.

The articulation on this guy is insane. I mean, it puts most other molds to shame. I could literally get him in any pose without any real issues. On top of that he looks awesome as well.

I have to say, if the rest of the WFC figures are this good, I am in for a treat. I know I am going to be disappointed with some of my non opened Classics once I open them because of this guy. The articulation is just to good on this.

What do you guys think?

2. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Brony

News Credits:
    I think he's the weakest of the four main WfC toys. I don't mean that he sucks...I actually like him, but when compared to the other three, he just doesn't really stack up well against them. I think that Bumblebee/Optimus is the best, then Megatron, then Soundwave.

3. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    wow, then I need to get to opening those. Is the articulation as good on those?

4. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Brony

News Credits:
    I'd actually say that Soundwave is the best articulated one. My ranking is based upon the toy as a whole. I just feel that out of the four characters that were made, Soundwave fared the worse. His legs look too long, and his shins are too small compared to the CG model. His alt mode is nice but there's that noticeable gap where the feet plug into his back.

As far as the articulation for the other three...it's really good. The next best articulated figure I think is Megatron, then Bumblebee, then Optimus. In reality all four are really well articulated, but that's what I'd say if I had to rank them. Optimus' bulk sometimes gets in the way, and he isn't as stable on his feet as the other three are.

5. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
    wow really?
    IMO Soundwave and Megs are the only ones worth getting. Bumblebee is horrid.

6. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    really? soundwave has some crappy arm articulation

prime is the best one

7. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Bumblebee was my only disappoint out of the four figures. Something just seemed off about his proportions

My only complaint about Soundwave is that I felt his robot mode needed to be a little wider and he seem a little on the narrow side. But he gets plenty of points for the combination of old features and new features worked into the figure. Ha ha, his alt mode is way cooler than turning into a Cybertronian light post.

8. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

He is nice. they are all nice actually.

9. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Brony

News Credits:
    I don't see how Bumblebee is bad. His proportions are close to the CG model, and his legs allow for great articulation. His gimmicks are also nice, and he's rather well armed. His transformation is pretty easy, and his alt mode is again very accurate and well engineered.

That doesn't sound like a bad toy to me.

10. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    He's pretty nice, I like the head sculpt and the vehicle mode overall. But I'm not a fan of the derpy little weapons or the powder blue they molded him in.

11. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Ya know... I haven't TF'd my WFC Megs or Soundwave yet.
    However, Prime was better than I expected and Megs has so far underwhelmed.
    BB is a bitch, and Soundwave has been so cool that I really don't need to tf him.

12. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Soundwave is absolutely superb. Megs is a close second and Prime is a close third, to me. CJ and Bee are good but a notch below on the epic scale. The crazy awesome articulation is what puts Soundwave just a hair above Megs for me.

13. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Meh. He's ok :) 

Prime is my fave though

14. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Megatron is my favorite of the WfC figures, but Soundwave is a close second. I like his robot mode, it's fairly well articulated and has a great head sculpt. Transformation to alt mode isn't overly complex, and it doesn't take much to get him into boombox mode. I really wish he had a Laserbeak or Rumble or Frenzy to go with him, but it's not a big deal. I used to have a G1 Soundwave back in '86 and he brings back memories of that toy.

WfC Optimus is third for me - he looks great but the transformation can drive me nuts. Bumblebee and Cliffjumper are my least favorite - I like how they look in both modes, but going from robot to vehicle can be frustrating, trying to get everything together.

15. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I think Megatron ranks lowest in coolness. The bot mode rocks, but his alt mode really lacks...everything. There's just nothing appealing about it. Bot mode saves it for sure though.

16. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
    LOLZ @ well armed. a dinky ass pistol and traffic batons?
    Nah, it looks like an obese TF to me.
    Soundwave on the other hand looks way cooler.

17. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

100% agree.

BB + CJ are ok enough. They look out of proportion. They have a fat middle and skinny legs. I like the mold, I just would have liked it better if they didnt have an eating disorder, or a robo-thyroid issue.

And, they are not that well armed. Unless they going are to hurl a half-eaten bucket of chicken at someone, they probably arent that dangerous.

I do like the WFC sub-line though. I have all of the figures, and will definitely get any more that come out.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  18. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm not a fan of the Bumblebee mold. It's too big and too finicky.

But the others are awesome. Optimus is one of my favorite figures period. And with the Reprolabels on him he looks a LOT cooler. Soundwave is #2 because he's just an amazing figure. You can get both his modes and another two out of him. You can get a cool looking boombox mode from him and a light post mode, mimicking his G1 Cybertronian mode. Megatron has a great looking robot mode with very good articulation but just something about it knocks it down to #3. Love the figure just not as much as others.

19. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Brony

News Credits:
    So is it ALWAYS the size of the weapon that counts, rather than any other factor? The weapons FIT Bumblebee...I'm not sure what you're thinking or expecting. If you want big guns...there's Megatron.

But Bee? Please. Small weapons for a 'bot that's clearly a scout/messenger? I'd say he's got enough to defend himself when he needs to.

You have a brain. Use it.

20. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    Out of the four WFC molds BB/CJ are my least favorite, because BB/CJ shouldn't be as big as Optimus, Megatron or Soundwave.