Isn't the RoTF Superion really Superion Maximus?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Airdogz13, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Airdogz13

Airdogz13 Active Member

While I was reading up and comparing Bruticus and Bruticus Maximus to see the differences between them, I started to also check out the differences between Superion and Superion Maximus.

My question is, isn't RoTF Superion really Superion Maximus except the names of the robots are from Superion and the colors are from g1?

Please excuse my lack of knowledge for I'm really new to this. So please share any comments on this topic thanks.

2. Cliffjumper1978

Cliffjumper1978 Well-Known Member

Yes, it is a repaint of Energon Superion Maximus

3. Airdogz13

Airdogz13 Active Member

then why do they call it RoTF Superion instead of RoTF Superion Maximus ?

4. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You said it yourself:

5. Airdogz13

Airdogz13 Active Member

oh, i see. I guess I thought the names of the robots and their physical design had to be consistent. okay, thanks!

6. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    *looks at G1 Starscream and RotF Starscream*

No..not in the slightest.

7. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Repaints, repaints, repaints. There's a thousand bots who all have the same mold. Jetstorm, Storm Jet, Sonic Attack Jet, 04 Universe Skywarp, Jhiaxus...all with the same mold...

8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Here's the thing: "ROTF" Superion and the later-to-be-released Bruticus were originaly under the "Universe" Banner of TF's, and were sold as such outside the U.S.

HOWEVER, Hasbro's last scare with trying the G1 repaint idea (Classics Devestator, repaint of Energon...uh, Construction Maximus?) and the poor sales of the figure might still be haunting them, so as a saftey precaution they re-assigned the combiners under the ROTF banner since everything ELSE in that movie is based on combining in order to make sure sales were better this time.

9. SimonMK

SimonMK Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They repainted him in G1 color for the Classic 2.0/Universe line. In the first Classic line, they released ''Devastator''... well ''Constructicon Devastator'' which was a repaint of ''Constructicon Maximus'' in G1 color.

Since they already did a G1 repaint color for ''Devastator'' they decided to do the same for ''Superion Maximus'' and ''Bruticus Maximus'' in the Universe line.

But when they were released during the Universe line, they were only available in Asia and Australia. Hasbro decided to not released them yet because they thought releasing during the ROTF line would sell better.

So we got ROTF Superion and Bruticus instead of Universe Superion & Bruticus.

For some reason the G1 ''Bruticus'' repaint is still named ''Bruticus Maximus''. I think they should had at least named him ''Combaticon Bruticus'' like they did for ''Constructicon Devastator'' in Classic.

And about ''Air Raid''... I know they can't use ''Slingshot'' but couldn't they name him ''Autobot Slingshot'' or ''Aerialbot Slingshot'' instead?

10. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    And they may have to specially thank Fans Project for their amazing appendage add-on set that's contributing to the good sales of the ROTF Superion set.:lol 

11. SimonMK

News Credits:
    ''Construction Devastator'' didn't sold well?

12. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    your thinking about Airazor lol

13. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i think it boils down to the same reason MP starscream "didn't sell well" as in stores didn't get the product, hell aaron archer had to buy starscream off of ebay cause even he couldn't find it at retail....wal-mart is bad when it comes to exclusives

i only saw him once....begged my mom to put it on layaway for me, only to find out that wal-mart got rid of it.......ugh.....still don't have him.....

14. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    I was lucky enough to get it the one time it was available online for like 10 minutes. :bay 

15. SimonMK

News Credits:
    I see. I remember I had to buy mine from a Toy Store that imported toys from Japan and the US. Because back then, in Quebec, we didn't get any Store Exclusives. So I had to pay I think 60$ for Devastator, Masterpiece Starscream (Hasbro version) was sold for 130$.

I think its only during the Animated line that we finally started getting Store Exclusives toys which I think started with Stealth Lockdown and Rescue Ratchet.

16. battleboy

battleboy Admiral of Awesomness

Habro better show them some love. The only reason I'm considering getting Superion is because of Fansproject set... It's third on my list after the Shadow commander set and the SDCC Soundwave

17. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I HIGHLY doubt that. Classics Devy/Constructy-Maxi-Pedo-Whatever was notorious for terrible distribution and absolutely wonky scarcity in the areas that did get him. Even now he commands a high price in the after market.

The real (or most likely and/or logical) reason is that retailers want movie stuff. There's combining in the movies, so it makes sense to release them in movie packaging.

18. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Well the new appendage set works on the other versions of this guy as well. I actually think the Energon one looks more G1 then the ROTF one which I have yet to and more then likely will not buy. If it had been in that lovely universe box I probably would have ended up caving and getting it. Only thing is I have a set of the US energon version and also the Takara Gift Set of it from Superlink. Do I really need a 3rd? I mean I did get Classics Devy only because it was in the classics boxes.

19. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Pfft. Nuts to FP, they better thank SMOG for making ME buy this set.

FP makes you pay an arm and a leg for arms and legs.

20. TFareCool

TFareCool TFW's Camera Guy

News Credits:
    when animated first started coming out i found one MP ss on a random g1 joe self and picked it up (thanks MOM!)