Isn't Cybertron unsurvivable?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Sideways77, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Sideways77

Sideways77 some garbage is okay

News Credits:
    I remember in the comics Stockade, Fracture, Incinerator, Overcast, and Divebomb were on a dying Cybertron. (But survived by Nucleon)

Which makes me think. How can Shockwave and his army survive, let alone 'Watch over' Cybertron?

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    They might be hiding out on one of Cybertron's moons.

3. ROTF Sideswipe

ROTF Sideswipe Scientist

I'm not sure what you mean.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Movies don't have to follow the comics. Cybertron is depicted as ravaged and worn-torn, but nothing in the the movie suggests it's physically impossible to live there, just that it's unfit in the long term without energy to renew it.

Or, as Nach said, they could be living on the possible moon(s).

5. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    This is a relevant question, good sir. Now, my knowledge on this matter (regarding comics) is very limited, but here are my thoughts.

Alright, well, let's sum up what we know of Cybertron from what the movies have told us: (*emphasis is mine)

"Before time began, there was ... The Cube. We know not where it comes from, only that it holds the power to create worlds and fill them with life. That is how our race was born. For a time we lived in harmony, but like all great powers, some wanted it for good, others for evil. And so began the war. A war that ravaged our planet until it was consumed by death..."
    - Optimus Prime's narration

"Our planet was once a powerful empire; peaceful and just, until we were betrayed by Megatron, leader of the Decepticons. All who defied them were destroyed. The war finally consumed the planet and the AllSpark was lost to the stars."
    - Optimus Prime

"If the Decepticons find the AllSpark, they'll use its power to transform Earth's machines and build a new army."
    - Ratchet, on what appears to be Megatron's "solution" to the slowly dying race of Cybertronians

"With the AllSpark gone, we cannot return life to our planet."
    - Optimus Prime's narration

"Your world must not share the same fate as Cybertron's: whole generations lost."
    - Optimus Prime

"My master, I have failed you on Earth. The AllSpark is destroyed, and without it, our race will perish."
    - Megatron, trying to trick us into thinking his motives are pure (replenishing his army is not the same as saving his race). Tricksy, tricksy.

Perhaps these quotes will help toss up some more ideas. :) 

Now, like I said, I haven't read any of the comics, so from what the films have told us/implied, Cybertron is necessarily uninhabitable, per se, just extremely barren. Not many Cybertronians still live there. Desolate, lacking Energon, in poor condition, yucky, whatever synonyms you'd like to use. Yeah, Shockwave could be the dictator/"guardian" of Cybertron...what's left of it anyway. His army is just trying to survive on the remnants of their homeworld. He's left to rule over a charred husk of a once proud empire. Still, better than nothing. The war was obviously quite substantial, with many, many casualties. This is something that I hope they explore a little more in DotM. Perhaps the Autobots (or even the Decepticons, if Megatron's motives are purer than we thought) are hoping to somehow repopulate their home. Or maybe even try and save the entire planet. Who knows.

The moon idea is also good too. :thumbs2: 

6. daviddt

daviddt Well-Known Member

Didn't they said that the planet needed energon. Transformers and the planet are needing energon or the end up like Jetfire: in statis lock. Sentinel Prime is most likely in statis lock.

At the end of the movie the autobots will return to earth and with some energon to restore earth. Sentinel Prime will probably know how to get it. Or maybee their is some sort of energon source in chicago

7. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

As people said, maybe Shockwave is on the moon of cybertron [in the dark side of it, huh? huh?]

Also, I've always thought in Dead-Cybertron as something really post-apocaliptic, barren wastes of metal and land, no Energon to feed on, insanely strong Earthquakes, volcanic eruptions all around, storms of Dark Energon and that kind of stuff, but not necessairly unhabitable, just EXTREMELY GODDAMN HARD to live on, but if you build a goddamn strong shelter to live in [and never leave it], and means to produce Energon for you and your men, you might survive.

I think Shockwave can do both, so...

8. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    lots of freaking ass good energizer batteries.

:thumb s

9. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    Am I the only one who has pictured TF's chewing on batteries?

Anyway I'm with Overlord Balder on this one.

10. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Unsurvivable? I think you should learn what that word means before using it.