Isn't anyone surprised?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by PikaManiac, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Fort_Fett

Fort_Fett iRkeN iNvaDR

Even if Hasbro doesn't care/won't do anything about 3rd party stuff - I'd LOVE to hear some of their comments/reactions to all of the great stuff out there that they're not making.

2. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    What exactly would you expect them to say? "Yeah it's cute I guess... I might even buy one."

3. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Or something along the lines of: "Hey, any of you guys wanna see our Speed Stars lineup for 2012?"

4. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

It doesn't surprise me that add-on kits and new designs inspired by TFs (Warbot, Insecticons) are OK to be shown. It does surprise me that they got away with the MP coneheads. As an almost direct copy of the MP seeker design, I thought they were pushing their luck showing those off.

5. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

I'd gladly see iGear burn to the ground for their Faith Leaders and the seeker releases. They're knock offs, but funnily enough my issue is more that not enough people accept that and keep them as "3rd party companies" in their minds.

I've always seen FP as the head honcho the best of the best with the best intentions. I see iGear as trying to make a quick buck off of someone else's work, entirely so.

I'm sure that with other companies doing Devastator and Magnus armour kits, Hasbro will never have to do that themselves. Why bother making certain toys that only the collectors really want when another company will do it for you?

6. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Wasn't one of the Hasbro Big-Wigs once photographed with a FP City Commander on his desk? I really don't think they're that bothered whilst the 3rd Parties are targeting only what Hasbro believes is a tiny share of their market. If we were to suddenly see thousands of iGear Sunstorms on the shelves in TRU, then I think they'll take an interest. A couple of thousand units for the collectors market? Chicken feed. Not worth the cost or bother about.

7. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The dealer table across the way from the botcon souvenir purchasing area had bootleg KO's of G1 toys. I found that appalling. I couldn't believe it. I can understand maybe 3rd party, you just let be, but straight up KO's were all over the place. That was interesting. Saw some of the CHMS stuff right out in the open.

8. Geminii

Geminii Toyetic multiformophile

Are dealers at BotCon restricted at all in what they're allowed to bring/sell? Or is it just a case of paying for the table and then it's a free-for-all?

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

To maybe clear up something. Yes Hasbro doesn't make more money directly when something like an add on kit increases the demand for something like the Generation G2 Prime. The toys were made months in advance and sold to retailers who turn around and sell the products to kids and folks like us.

But if Transformers products go flying off the shelves then retailers are happy and when a retailer is happy with a product they want more of it. The more the demand goes up the more things Hasbro can try because they know the retailers will take the new products.

Now if a 3rd party could just come up with something to clear all those Skullgrin toys off the shelves.

10. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

I would love to find a Skullgrin.

11. Geminii

Geminii Toyetic multiformophile

Well, there's one great big obvious accessory the new Skully is missing.