is your walmart restocking transformer titan

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by chris settlemoir, Aug 13, 2017.

1. WarInTheFloor

WarInTheFloor Well-Known Member

Thanks for the inside info, I appreciate the details. But I do not see why we have to accept taking several steps BACKWARDS in terms of convenience when it comes to damn retail consumer crap. Sorry if that seems crass or disrespectful to this hobby but in the big picture of things that's what it all is. This shit should get EASIER and BETTER as time, technology and organizational, buearocratic and systems methods progress and improve.

I'm normally not the type to be that guy but I think I may actually take the advice of the guys in this thread saying to complain. The guys at Wal mart who aren't caring or doing their ever so demanding jobs need to be held accountable, if it is not them but Hasbro ( like I theorized) instituting a soft embargo on good transformers so we MIGHT buy the movie ones then if everyone complains about it then Wal Mart may call Hasbro on it.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

Do it, if anything it wouldn't hurt. Specifically to Walmart, complain to corporate (I believe there's a link on the site). Weirdly enough they really will look into it.

3. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

No lie, I posted on the sightings board in Texas section about seeing Nitro Zeus at a Walmart. That was 2 weeks ago - haven't see it since. So I hold out little hope of seeing any new T.R. deluxes until MONTHS from now.

4. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

Typically turn around time, at the stores I've worked, from "order" to stocking has been about a week. Also, every morning a manager (well, a person in charge of that area) is suppose to go through their area and scan all of the "outs" and correct the on hand numbers if they are wrong, which is suppose to trigger the computer system to put an order for that item (in the case of TF's, generally, that would be like two cases of 8 for an empty couple of pegs) which should, ideally if it's in our distro warehouse, be shipped out in a couple of days. If it comes from Hasbro (to our distro warehouse) it's like a week, maybe week and a half but that's only if Hasbro actually sends anything. At my current store we get a lot of NERF stuff, a few boxes just about every night even if we have overstock of it already but hardly any TF's even though our pegs are pretty empty.

(Oddly enough we have a ton of Galvatrons and a few Sentinel Primes but no new voyagers because of that. I should pick up a Gavly, need a new one now after a botched mod. It's nice to get a discount on them too.)

5. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

wow, that explains a lot. p.s. while I wasn't looking for Nitro, I did not see it in 3 Walmarts I went to this past Friday - and one of them was the one I originally saw him at. go figure.

6. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

Wow, he's one I've been kind of wanting to get but I haven't seen him anywhere locally and sold out online usually. So, I will probably skip him or get the oversized KO version. At this point, it's obnoxious enough to me that I should just get the KO. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A couple weeks ago most Walmarts in south/south central Oklahoma seemed to be getting restocks of TR voyager wave 3 (including one store that had been empty on voyagers since last holiday season). About ten days ago I'd seen Seaspray and Cosmos on the pegs at one store, but a week later they'd done the reset and there was no trace of legends, and only empty pegs/shelf spots for deluxe and voyager size. Titanmaster, Legends, and Leader sizes all seem to be completely eliminated, and if they have any deluxes they are probably from the wave 2 revision that repacked wave 1 deluxes. Blurr, Chromedome and Highbrow, are fairly common with a few Scourges and occasionally Hardhead or Skullcruncher. Maybe a random Twinferno still hanging around.

+-MWG-+

8. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

No Titans Return Deluxes or Voyagers since Christmas. They stocked too heavily on Skullcruncher, Blurr, Scourge, Highbrow, Galvatron and Alpha Trion so nothing is moving. Titan Masters and Legends are doing better. Have a lovely shipment of shelfwarming Hound and Megatron toys come in a couple months ago too because they stocked more than people will be able to buy.

I wish I could see a Broadside, an Optimus or a Windblade.

9. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire Banned

News Credits:
    Nope! I finally gave up. Walmart no longer bothers to restock Transformers. Target never restocks around here. And Toys R Us restocks once every 6-8 months. I used to get everything at Walmart but I never find anything in the stores anymore.

I thought the internet was going to make everything better. Prices were supposed to go down because of low overhead cost. Inventory was supposed to be managed easier because computers were supposed to streamline the process. Everything was supposed to get better but instead it got worse. Now the stores don't restock anymore & everything on the internet is "OUT OF STOCK" or "SOLD OUT" or just not listed to begin with. Just look at Hasbrotoyshop. What a joke!

• Like Like x 3
  10. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    We went from Galvatron & Sentinel Prime to Broadside to empty shelves

We went from deluxes Wave 1 to Wave 2 to Wave 3 back to Wave 1 & 2, since they have removed the end cap display we now have no deluxes on the shelf.

The only Legends we have sold this entire series was Brawn, Bumblebee, & Chase but now they are have sold out and left empty pegs in their place

We never sold the Leader class

The only Titan Masters we got was the Sawback wave, there is none left on the shelf

So no we really don't stock/restock Titans Return and when we do we may get a case or two every few months that sell within a few weeks.

11. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    If they're in the middle of rearranging the store it's possible they won't be putting out the "new" stuff until the reset is complete.

• Like Like x 2
  12. WarInTheFloor

Oh wow hey brother, I would LOVE a Chance at Sentinel or Galvatron!
    Are those old stock from last e last year/ early this year or is that a recent wave?

I am trying to figure out if I should hold off and hope that pair stock at one of my local stores next/soon

Who is in Voyager wave 3? If it is the Megatron and Optimus wave those showed up in 1s and 2s here in a couple of stores a week or few back, again trying to gauge if the sentinel/ Galvatron wave is inbound sometime locally. Those two look like a lot of fun to play with and would certainly scratch my new TF itch for a while. Also I am really focused on the voyager scale those seem to be the sweet spot for size allowing Leaders for special guys to be a ltttle bigger.

13. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Mine are restocking the pegs with (mostly old waves of) Deluxes, but there haven't been any Titan Masters in months.

14. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe mine did. I managed to get Sky Shadow and, amazingly, they had wave 3 TR deluxes!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

No, they're from the first release, they're wave 1 voyagers. I believe wave three is Blitzing and Octane (need those). Hey! I don't mind picking up Glavy and Sentiel for you, especially if you find Blitz and Octane to trade!

They are also on Hasbro Toyshop (along with just Blitz).
    Generic Error
    Generic Error

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  16. Chillyn

Chillyn Resist

They don't restock shit. SURPRISE! 9bcea373dba7d47add0510db93d1a31602616ad7.jpg

downloadfile-33.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  17. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

This is how my local Walmarts look, minus the headmasters. All they have are movie crap and RID stuff.

BTW, that Wil Wheaton image made me laugh. :lol 

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Chillyn

Chillyn Resist

Yup and like 2 or 3 TR figures from wave 3

• Like Like x 2
  19. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My local Walmart has nothing but Chromedome as a TR Deluxe. (If they do restock, it's always wave 1 or 2, never 3.)
    No Voyagers. (Haven't seen them since Optimus and Megatron made a brief appearance.)
    No Leaders. (Although, they did just get a full case of Six Shot and Sky Shadow that sold out, fast.)
    No Titan Masters. (They clearanced them out to get rid of them and they're not on the current planogram for this location.)
    No Legends. (When they do have them in, it's old stock. The most up to date they received was Brawn, but only because of the giant movie display. Otherwise, they wouldn't have gotten his wave in.)

Movie's all wave 1 stuff. Including Leaders. Nothing wave 2 at all. Not a Deluxe, Voyager or Leader. The only new stuff, moviewise is the dancing Sqweeks and a single flip n' change Hot Rod. They haven't stocked new items since the beginning of the line. They just keep restocking wave 1 over and over and over again. I don't even know where they come up with so much wave 1 merchandise.

RID's all the Windblade/Skywarp wave (and before that, it was the previous Windblade wave. For months.) A handful of clearanced Legion Class figures, and they even phased out the 1-Steps for the most part.

It's Walmart's fault for overordering the same stuff, but it's Hasbro's fault for not having more diversity in their offerings. Especially RID. You get 1-Steps, Legion and Warrior for the most part and they're all of the same characters so none of it sells.

20. WarInTheFloor

That's a great point, being new I am just learning who has been made in what style and all and the RID stuff just seems like Bee, Sides, the cop car, in like 5 different only slightly different versions that I cant be paid to care about. its the same syndrome Hasbro suffered from during the post ROTS Star Wars stuff, just Obi, Ani, trooper on like 6 different cards peglocked with literally dozens of mor4e diverse waves of stuff we actually want getting skipped because of it

• Like Like x 1