Is your collection in a room you are in alot?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TacomaPrime, Nov 1, 2010.

1. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    LOL, I am not complaining, cause my wife loves my transformers collection, and my home theater setup. Plus, I can't complain that she lets me put them out for everyone to see, especially since our living room contains her skunk collection, which is much larger then my transformer collection.

2. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    off to the side, i go in everyday, but not all day, nothing in there other than tfs and kitbash table, my wife doesn't mind when a couple sneak out for fiddling, fp bruticus and superion stayed in the living room for a long time, and in the old place the living/dining/collection all shared a room

3. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I used to have far more figures out on display but my girlfriend is a disaster area around them.
    One day I noticed several figures standing in odd poses. Apparently she'd brushed past and knocked them down and tried to stand them back up again like nothing had happened. I also found her picking up ROTF Jetfire after trying to dust around him. Thankfully he survived the fall undamaged. And then she stood a cup of coffee on one of my display shelves and accidentally knocked it so the figures were stood in a coffee puddle. Everything cleaned up fine though.

Some might say that she was trying to make me put away some figures and she'd succeeded, but she knows I love this stuff and she's a TF fan herself so I think it's just her being clumsy and not some sinister plan against my figs.

4. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Yep its in my computer room.

5. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

My displays are in mine and my girlfriends' bedroom. Once I get a job again, we've been talking about putting up rent on the "guest room" to keep our computers, my toys, her manga library, and have our bedroom simply be a bedroom.

We have a horrible habit of spending entire days in the bedroom because we only need to step out to use the bathroom or get food.

Once we get a house, if we can, the toys are getting their own room.

6. Jingjing

Jingjing Well-Known Member

Mine are in boxes down in the basement. I only keep my MIB G1 Megatron & Soundwave in my room and some stuff I've recently bought.

7. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    i have 2 displays my masterpiece and movie collection is on an ikea framsta shelf in my man cave (big screen multimedia room pooltable and bar) and my classics generations stuff is in my office upstairs on one big floating shelf

8. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm currently in a one bedroom so my display is in the bed room with the computer with a couple on a dvd shelf in the living room.

The goal is to save up for a house that will have a room for just computer and toys.

9. Thyme

Thyme Disciple of Yun-Harla

I have mine everywhere ... including the bathroom

10. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I keep my collection in my bedroom, which is an all purpose room- TV, computers, desk, and i have wall mounted shelves to maintain floor space.
    sad thing is that i compromised on my bed a bit, getting rid of a Queen sized (go ahead, snicker fellas) and putting in a trundle bed.

i have been debating what to do with my collection as it swells. i would like to keep it all in one room that i spend all my time in, but don't want to wind up on "Hoarders: Bedroom Edition" any time soon.

I wish i could put some of the best figures in the living room, but i can't. for some reason, i feel like they are unprotected there and with people i don't know coming and going, i have nightmares.
    lol.

11. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    When I bought my place I decided to have a dedicated TF room, but since I needed a place for my kitbashing desk, and computer, they found their way in there. But im in that room for at least 2 hours a day, sometimes much more. In fact, im in here now.

12. 643cade

643cade Well-Known Member

Yes. My entire collection is in my office (or "girlcave" as my husband calls it lol), and I spend quite a bit of time in there every day as it's where my computer is and where I do most of my homework/studying for my college classes.

13. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    My collection is all over the house. lol As soon as I paint the spare bedroom, it's going to be the TF room.

14. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I have a room dedicated to my TF collection that my nephews have dubbed "THE ROBOT ROOM"

I get in there with my nephews and talk TFs with them. I don't talk TFs with others so I get to let the geek out with my nephews and they get to be surrounded 360 degrees by the greatest toyline ever made.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

15. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes it is in our living room I got them next to my PS3 / DVD collection along with two movie poster on either side of my wall mounted TV.

16. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Mine have their own room that I also have my computer in so I'm in there every day! :)  I also keep my clothes in that room's closet as my fiance's clothes have filled the closet in our bedroom! :lol 

17. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Mine's in the living room. I keep saying that, when we buy our house in the next 4 months or so and I can have my own office that I'll move it there, but my wife keeps saying that it's totally OK to keep it in the living room there too. She's really supportive of it (got me MP-04 for my last birthday and everything).

18. Goshjosh95

Goshjosh95 Decepticon

News Credits:
    All of mine are on bookshelves in "our" home office (wife says: it's really "your" office... it's a man-cave filled with TFs, comics, DVDs, computer station... what more could you ask?). I probably spend anywhere between 1-4 hours there after I get home from work.

19. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I have a storage room (2nd bedroom) for the toys. 95% transformers but there are some other stuff like star wars. I have a cabinet in the living room filled with them and a storage locker which i hope to be able to eliminate if/when i move.

I'm in the same boat. Have a pile of boxes, packing material and sell stuff all over the table and a few boxes stacked.

20. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    Worst question to ask me. Half my collection including my G1, Beast Wars, AEC are all locked away in a room in my house 140 miles away from where I live and work. I now face the prospect of not having enough room in my new flat for all my stuff so I may have to split the collection further and cherry pick what I take to me new gaff, I might be restricted to Classics and MP's. Gutted.
    I would love to be in a position where all my Transformers are displayed well in a seperate room in a house I live in, with a small cabinet or two in the lounge so I can bring stuff out in rotation.