Is your boss a jerk?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pscoop, May 19, 2007.

1. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Mine is.

The 20 year old idiot secretary was too hungover to come in today. So after one of my sales guys freaks out because he doesn't have a price list with the new inventory, the owner comes over and chews me out for not doing her job while she wasnt' here.

First of all, noone even called me and told me the little slut wasn't coming in.

Second, all he had to do was ask me what the price was on the car he was looking for and I would have told him.

Third, noone told me the little bitch didn't print the new list yesterday like she should have.

It's bad enough I have to pick up her slack, that's fine. But if I didn't know something needed to be done, it won't get done. Don't come and yell at me, I showed up to work, I always show up to work, on time, and do my job.

I just think it is BS that I get the heat when she didn't show up and I did, as always. Learn to ask for shit the right way, not yell at everyone. Dick.

He needs to learn some people skills, BIG TIME.

*end rant*

2. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

Judging by your use of descriptive terms, I would say it sounds like you have a bigger problem with your secretary than you do with your boss.

3. TTT

TTT OutOfCommissionToys.com

News Credits:
    STAFF MEETING ! ....... just yell the quote above, you said it perfectly.....

4. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

That sucks. But, it also sounds like you have other problems with the company you work for. I would recommend you think about looking for something new.

And, no, my boss is not a jerk. It is so nice being my own boss.

5. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Yeah I am a tad annoyed with her unreliability right now. That and her absence causing the boss to come down on me isn't helping. She is almost family to the owner so she can do no wrong in their eyes. She does a good job when she is here usually.

6. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Nah, He is ok. Sometimes really nice, sometimes annoying, but over all a pretty nice guy,

7. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Don't tell us tell them...well tell us, but tell them also. It never helps keeping things inside.

8. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Luckily, I have a laid-back manager. We don't give him headaches and he doesn't micromanage us. It's a good working relationship.

As for the owner giving you heat when you don't deserve it, that's a good conversation to have with her behind closed doors in a couple of days when you can be rational and use logic to make your point. Women hate that, they can't compete based on logic.

9. Aldude

Aldude Automorph

My boss is cool.
    very politically incorrect too - it's just one reason why he's cool.

10. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    Sounds more like you want to bang her, and she said "nein!"

I hate my boss too. He's israeli. He hates if I talk to anyone that's not in his "sphere of influence," thus making it more difficult to get my job done. Add to that that no one likes him, thus making me look a little worse.

But I'm changing to another team in the company, it'll be better. Much, much better.

11. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My present boss is possibly the best guy I've ever worked for. First, he knows our business, and he knows it very well. I'm always learning new stuff from him. He also trains the rest of us, so that we can be in his position someday. Good sense of humor, and a people person. I've worked for some pretty stupid people before...I'm glad to say he's not one of them.

-Tony!

12. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Oh hell no. She is gross, we call her Blackfoot because her feet are so dirty since she always wears sandals.

And I am not going to say where the owner of the business is from, just that he is not American. There are some cultural differences for sure.

13. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

If no one told you that she called in and wouldn't be at work today how do you know the reason is that she was too hungover to go in? She could have actually been sick.

My boss can be a jerk, but he's mainly a dumbass douche bag who has no clue what's going on and gets super flustered at the first sign of a problem, even if it's such a small problem that it really isn't a problem.

It's all good though, I usually just don't listen to him and he normally doesn't try and make me do something that he knows I don't think needs to be done.

14. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    i mentioned where my boss is from because people from there are naturally extremely loud, and he is extremely loud as well.

15. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Mine wasn't. But, my last supervisor was fired and I have a "substitute" at work until I get a permanent one, if at all, before I move up to the next department.

16. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    My boss isn't a jerk, but he has no social skills. He has alienated himself and made lots of enemies. He hasn't given me any problems though.

17. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    My boss is awesome. He recently killed a 900-pound buffalo in Canada while on a bow hunting trip.

Also, he'll occasionally tell me how his job would be a nightmare without all my help, and that he wishes he could hire someone to do some of the more menial tasks I do so that he could put me to better use doing more important things.

18. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    My boss is an incredibly hot female. She's relatively new to the company and doesn't know the ins and outs as well as I do, but she also realizes how valuable I am and is pretty cool.

She just took over managing my team and pretty much asks what I'm doing that week, acts like she's thinking about useful input, and then confirms I have a good plan.

19. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

My Boss is a bitch.

Nuff said.

20. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

My boss is just sort of clueless.