is yahobby.com a reputable site?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BruticusNoXXX, Sep 12, 2012.

1. BruticusNoXXX

BruticusNoXXX Well-Known Member

was wondering if yahobby.com is a reputable site, and if its located in the US or elsewhere... thanks!

2. BruticusNoXXX

BruticusNoXXX Well-Known Member

did some searching, like i should have done before, and site seems sketchy-ish with knock offs and what not. may have to try it out, no care if im getting a knock off of a figure i love if it looks decent

3. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

I was wondering where they are located also, how bad their shipping costs are?

4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    depends on what you consider reputable.

I won't do business with them after they let me order an Animated Blackout that was listed as in stock and pay in full for it, without telling me that it was actually a preorder for stock that they didn't know that they'd be able to get. I only found that out after two weeks passed and I e-mailed them wanting to know where the hell my Blackout was.

I made them refund me the money, and will never even think about buying from them again.

5. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

Where they from

6. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had a fine experience with them. Their prices are very reasonable and they seem to hang on to inventory on some desired items longer than anyone else. I got a couple things from them that were just an absolute steal compared to their secondary market prices.

That said, they aren't as established or as well-frequented as, say, one of the site sponsors. You always run a certain risk, as what happened to Valk. But my experience was fine, they even shipped damn fast from China (Hong Kong IIRC).

7. Sifu Steve

Sifu Steve I'm... Just a soldier.

Ebay:
    I've signed up and logged in to let people know to avoid this site. They won me over by supplying me with a rare Megs Alternator and when my wife was stuck for a Christmas present for me, she purchased MP-10 from them. But that's where the good news ends...

Way back in July last year I put a pre-order down for MP Soundwave. The money was taken there and then which although surprising, did mean I could receive him months later and not feel that twinge of guilt. Well, I still haven't received him. Moreover, they have completely ignored all 5 e-mails I've sent them requesting an update on the order (and eventually a refund). The kicker is that because the transaction happened over 45 days ago I can't get assistance from PayPal and because it's over 120 days ago, I can't get assistance from Visa.

Gutted. I have literally been robbed to the tune of £124 with no hope of recovering it. And for them to do it, they simply had to ignore me.

Avoid this site unless you absolutely have to take a risk on something they have which you can't find anywhere else.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I almost ordered MP-11 Starscream from them due to desperation, but after 5 minutes on that site seeing how many items were allowed to be purchased despite being listed as out of stock, as well as how many duplicate listings they had for figures supposedly in stock *and* on pre-order (each featuring different pictures), I got the hell out of there.

That actually goes for the majority of all those Asian online stores. They might have good prices and whatnot, but nothing about their websites or checkout process makes me feel confident about their security and/or reliability.

9. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    lets see..

Domain Name: YAHOBBY.COM

Registrant:
    T Lei
    Jinniu District
    Chengdu 610000
    China

Administrative Contact:
    LEI, TING [email protected]
    2-2-2-2, No. 2 ShuMing West Road
    Chengdu 610036
    China

Their certifications are through godaddy..
    Their cart is made up of with standard cart software

Their is no public way to contact them, the contact us page is a built in email program with no way to verify that you even emailed them. This site is a perfect site to scam people and disappear. At least this is my opinion..

10. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I've ordered a Dr. Wu Hercules face from them and they sent me the wrong one. After opening a Paypal dispute they finally sent me the correct one and let me keep the other. I currently have an order being shipped for MP-11 so we'll see how that goes. They're not at the top of my list of places to shop and I wouldn't order through them without having Paypal protection (aka no pre-orders), but hopefully my current order will go through without a hitch.

11. kensou

kensou Well-Known Member

Hello Erland,

How do you define "a public way to contact"? Google, Microsoft, Amazon, use the same way as you said(a built in email program) for their visitor or customer. Are they all perfects site to scam people and disappear? Can you find any cases that YaHobby.com scam people and disappear?

Pleease be careful of your language and words.

Thanks

12. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Define "language". He wasn't out of line.

• Like Like x 1
  13. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I've used them twice, both for high-dollar transactions, without incident.

Seems like preorders should be avoided, but otherwise one should be okay.

14. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Well....

That screams "scam" to me.

15. johnchow604

johnchow604 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  16. Sharpfinger

Sharpfinger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bought only one item from them. High-dollar transaction. I wait eons in the dark for the package and when it arrives, the item itself was in good shape but the box was damaged.

I can blame them for the wrong track system (the one that only says "someone post something and got this number" without real tracking) and probably the slow shipping. The damaged box can be courtesy of Brazilian customs officers.

17. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I got my MP-11 from them without issue when they had pretty much dried up everywhere else. Still not my goto site, but I'd feel comfortable ordering from them again.

18. FoC Grimlock

FoC Grimlock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey, I'm in Chengdu. I wonder if that's an actual storefront.

19. kensou

kensou Well-Known Member

Hi,

If you are Steven Martin, you should already received our refund. Yes, we couldn't offer refund as the payment over 45 days. So we sent monety directly to your PayPal acccount and covered the PayPal transaction fee.

Thanks

20. trevorlucks

trevorlucks Member

I have also had a bad experience with these guys, i purchased an item from them saying the item was instock and and a pretty resonable price i might add. after over a month and still no item i emailed them like 5 times to 2 or 3 different contact emails I could find and nothing, it wasn't till i got paypal involved that i got a full refund back and them basically saying that they were sorry but oversold what they actually had available.
    Not exactly a good first experience buying from a store I hadn't previously done business with.
    From now on i always read feedback from reviews on any online store i haven't bought from before.