Is WFC Megatron the definitive Megs? SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by unicronic, Jun 28, 2010.

1. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    So stay with me here.

Megatron in WFC is a cold ruthless S.O.B., just look at the Cons campaign opening where one of his soldiers get fusion cannoned to death.

More than that he's fearless, totally. He challenges Omega Supreme to do his worst when the Decepticon's are open and undefended. He also steps willingly into the Dark Energon.

He's also strategic and smart at planning, his multiple step plan actually ends up succeeding despite the Autobot's best efforts. The Autobot's have to leave Cybertron, they manage to unravel some of the damage but ultimate the 'Cons win thanks to Megatron's planning.

Then we also see Megatron as a strong leader too, knowing when to cut and run for the right reasons when avoiding Omega Supreme and similarly knowing when they have an upper hand by declaring they either defeat Omega or die trying.

Whilst some attributes can be linked back to previous incarnations I think it's hard to deny that regardless of aesthetic design (which I personally like) his character is the greatest Megatron there has been.

In summary

2. Cth

Cth Cthulhu

News Credits:
    I haven't finished the campaign yet, but I thought I read that Megatron left the Dark Energon source unguarded and now they're junkies without their fix.

Of course, with Starscream, he theoretically knows how to manufacture more or where to find more, but that's one big tactical mistake.

At least he's not fleeing all the time like G1 Megatron did.

3. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Megatron's plan isn't quite as elegant as his TFA counterpart's. He pretty much just smashes through everything in his path courtesy of his Dark Energon HAX powers.

4. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

i still dont understand why megatron kills on of his soldiers. thats stupid.

5. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's to instill fear in those who might think of disobeying.

6. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    He's definitely become one of my favorite Megatrons. I just love how brutal he is.

7. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    War For Cybertron's Megatron is a bit of a coward, if you ask me; and perhaps a bit crazy. Yes, he does go to battle, but unlike G1 Megs, he isn't flying in the front of the pack—he sends troops forward to clear the way to prepare for his arrival. His troops fear him more than they respect him. I never really got that from G1 Megatron.

I don't really know this Megatron. Come to think of it, he reminds me more of Galvatron than Megatron.

War For Cybertron’s Megatron, however, is a nice addition.

8. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love this Megatron. But I wish he had Corey Burtons voice from TFA :)  (or Welkers G1 voice, but we all know that's not going to happen, ever again)

9. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    He doesn't in the DS version.

10. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Beast Wars Megatron is still the best megatron. He was willing to kill everyone, even himself to ensure a Decepticon victory during the great (G1) War.

11. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    WFC Megatron is stupid, he fucked up his own planet even after everything and everybody warned him his plan was going to end up fucking up, and when he can't accept that he failed he throws a trantum and starts shooting Autobot ships.

I also think his design, in special the face, looks like crap, specially the way his mouth is animated (looks like hes going buuuuh) and his vehicle mode is very uninspired as well.

12. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    He is like G1 Megatron and Movie Megatron in one.

13. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Transformers: Prime. Welker as Megs. Keep up!

I will say Steven Blum does a decent Victor Caroli, though.

- Coeloptera

14. Kranix

Kranix Banned

i think this megatron tries real hard, but is mildly ******ed. no real megatron would make such stupid self defeating moves. any other megatron would take some dangerous risks, but have a recovery strategy in play too. also this is the only megatron so stupid hed make himself look worse then movie megs.

15. apparatus

apparatus pre-Spark toaster

that fool was talking back and plus Barricade needed to see that Megs won't take that crap from no one.

I like this Megatron as well, ruthless, brutal, megalomaniacal, violent.

a true robot warlord.