Is "Wet" any good?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by General Magnus, Jun 7, 2010.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I downloaded the demo last night and I was somewhat interested in the game. Had neat action and awesome soundtrack in a pseudo Tarantino way. But is the game worth it?

2. r0guearmy

r0guearmy Wizrd. TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I rented it once and personally, I was very bored with it towards the end. I'd been playing a lot of FPS games at the time and was used to running in and gunning everything in sight, but that doesn't really work in this game. You've got to use Ruby's acrobatics or you'll just die. Girl can shoot, but she can't take much damage. Overall it can be fun but won't be everyone's cup of tea. The junkyard sections of the game were my favorite, it's basically just a big playground to run around and perform tricks in. Oh, and the soundtrack/visuals are pretty neat.

3. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I figured that I could get it now, since it has dropped the price. Right now it´s at 15 euros, should be 20 bucks give or take.

4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Worth if for that price. Any more and I would steer clear. I had a pretty good time with it but the game is kinda broken in several places and is a little rough around the edges. Good fun, though.

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    play the demo, go from there. Personally, I wouldnt pay more than 10 dollars for it, and I'd still feel kinda bad about the purchase.

it's funny how when hanging onto ledges, she doesnt put her fingers on the ledge itself, but instead digs her fingers into the wall. I know it's a little thing, but it cracks me up. especially when you start moving alongside the ledges and she's just dragging her hands through concrete.

6. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Back during the buy 2, get 1 free days... I purchased RE5, Killzone 2 and got Wet for free. Even free I felt cheated and quickly sold it to try to make some money back.

Don't fall for the Demo!!! I felt the same way and even made a topic about it lol. Everyone said "It sucks... don't buy it.." I should have listened.

EDIT: here is my topic

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/video-games-technology/268067-anyone-play-wet-yet.html

7. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    I enjoyed it. It's kinda buggy but I enjoyed the storyline, love Eliza Dushku, and thought the presentation was stylish enough. I picked my copy up for $30 and wasn't disappointed so for $20 you can't go wrong.

Beware the skydiving mission, though. While awesome, it's a pain in the ass.

8. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

It gets old fast. Rent it first, then go from there.