Is Walmart's size slowing it down when it comes to new releases?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by kylash327, Oct 25, 2010.

1. kylash327

kylash327 TOOOOOOYS!

News Credits:
    I've been noticing alot lately that Walmart has been getting newer lines of toys alot slower than other retailers like TRU and Target, not only with Transformers, but other lines like Marvel, GI Joe and the new Tron toys. In some cases, almost a month behind others.

Does anyone think this may be due to their size, not being able to get through their system as fast as Target or TRU? I know TRU in general gets things faster than other stores, but its been happening alot more recently.

For example, my local TRU had Tron toys about 3 weeks ago, then Target started getting them about 2 weeks ago, yet I have not seem a single Walmart with them at all.

Discuss!

2. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I personally think they are getting in more than they need of certain cases. My hometown Walmart is still stuck on Wave 1 items. The stock was dwindling, but they restocked this weekend with yet more Wave 1. They did clear out alot of PCC five packs with that 15 dollar sale though.

3. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

That's just your area. The Wal-Mart's in your neck of the wood's are not indicative of Wal-Marts everywhere.

Wal-Marts in my town have gotten newer figures sooner than other stores. It all depends on the individual stores and when they decide to stock shelves.

4. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Wal-Mart actually gets stuff here faster than TRU. TRU orders WAY too much stuff at once, and it shelfwarms, making them very slow to put out new stuff. After the reset for the yellow box and Generations stuff, they're caught up, though. Wal-Mart will probably have their newer stuff before TRU though.

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Walmart here is suck. I managed one battle blades prime, but that's the only non-wave 1 figure of anything current I've ever seen there.

Piles of both deluxe mudflaps though, and at least a dozen of WFC Prime and Bumblebee. they don't seem to be going anywhere.

6. kylash327

kylash327 TOOOOOOYS!

News Credits:
    Guess its a regional thing then... though it does seem alot of first sightings of stuff that are not store exclusives usually come from TRU or Target..

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    My Walmart's finally slowed down. My local Zellers, on the other hand, has tons of new stuff...

...At stupid expensive prices. :( 

8. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Walmart definitely seems to be the last in my area to get new stuff. I always chalked this up to their aisles always being clogged up by the people who waddle around that place in their sweat pants all damn day.

The one thing I like Walmart for is their clearances. It seems like when they're done with a line they don't give a shit what the price is; they just want it gone.

9. wolverenz

wolverenz Decepticon

News Credits:
    Just like my Walmart here, they are still in the Wave 1 line, I haven't seen anything new.

10. Nemesis Liger

Nemesis Liger Well-Known Member

My Walmart is pretty much doing the same thing. They have Wave one up since August, but there hasn't been much else since. The only thing I've noticed new to the shelves are a few Red Alerts, which is a good sign, but that's it.

11. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

I am still waiting for Terradive and Tomahawk.

12. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Here its depends on which walmart it is....
    I live by 5 walmarts and they varied....

13. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    i ended up with a battle blades optimus backin august and ever sense then nothing but wave 1 deluxes and prime was out before the deluxes

14. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    The walmart over here has fricken Dirge + Blurr before TRU has even seen wave 2.

15. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Same here. If I want the newer stuff, the Walmart around here gets them in first. Toys R Us and Target will follow, eventually. It'll be different elsewhere.

16. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

Count my Walmart in. The only wave two items have been Voyagers and PCC 5 pack. Even when they restocked after the reset in August it was still wave 1 deluxes. Yet I've heard/read about some other WM stores in different towns/cities getting newer deluxe stock. It is rather puzzling/perplexing to say the least. Managed to luck out on WFC Megatron at TRU in early september. Had to order WFC Soundwave online.

17. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

The Walmart by me sucks big time.They've got the pegs for the HFTD deluxes full of the ROTF deluxes,because they're too tight to actually put them on clearance like Target did.To top it off,last week they cut the Transformer section in half to make room for the Tron stuff.

18. Suture

Suture Medic

It really depends on the particular Distro Center that a Walmart falls under to how well they recieve their stock. None of the stores are in control of what they get, it's all pushed through via the computer system which are controlled at the DC, stock requests can be made by the store but they don't always get approved.

Walmart also has the nasty tendency to stock up on the early waves of something then wonder why the product isn't moving later on down the line when the first waves are still clogging the shelves.

So far, the Walmarts in my area haven't done too bad since they were the first to get the wave 2 of the PCC 5-packs and then drop their price to $15.00. No sign of the wave 2 PCC 2-packs though. The place is still annoying because their scouts are running above MSRP right now at $8.45

19. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

Walmart still doesn't have DCUC wave 14 yet, while Tuner Mudflap is still clogging shelves at TRU's and Walmarts near you (maybe some web comic author could make a Tuner Mudflap army of Mudflap drones)

20. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    we are STILL on wave 1 of everything here, all i got is a wal-mart.......so yeah i had to order darkmount and red alert online and waiting for bbts to restock blurr and dirge